Player X or Player Y (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do you think Hunt will do this week?

I really can't decide whether to leave him on the field, and have Maguire on the bench, or swap them around so maguire is on the field, hunt emergency :(

arg decisions!

i think he will improve...
Hawthorn play a zone which should lead to geelong chipping it around alot in the backline. Should hopefully help improve his score!

Should I start Dustin Martin (vs the Doggies midfielders), or Bastinac (vs. the Saints)?

Leaning toward Martin atm, purely on opposition qualities.

Should I start Dustin Martin (vs the Doggies midfielders), or Bastinac (vs. the Saints)?

Leaning toward Martin atm, purely on opposition qualities.

Roos' midfielders scored pretty well against the Saints last time out, they did win the game however. I personally think that all Richmond players will really struggle to score well this year....especially against the dogs.

Sorry, just to hear opinions:

Who to start out of Hille and Warnock?
and
Who to start out of Silvagni, Hunt, Waters and Magurie?
and
Who to start out of Trengove, Martin, Shuey and Banner?
and
Trade Cassisi for Kornes? Originally i picked Cassisi purely on him being the captain, but if Kane's not tagging, he's going to get so much of the ball.

I still have Gray (didn't hear he was injured before lockout). I have $106k in the bank. Should I upgrade him to J Brown before Rd 3, and Browns price skyrockets? Someone else? Or stick with Gray?

Gumby and D-L are my forward bench players, so not much in the way of backup.

Sorry, just to hear opinions:

Who to start out of Hille and Warnock?
and
Who to start out of Silvagni, Hunt, Waters and Magurie?
and
Who to start out of Trengove, Martin, Shuey and Banner?
and
Trade Cassisi for Kornes? Originally i picked Cassisi purely on him being the captain, but if Kane's not tagging, he's going to get so much of the ball.

These are the decisions that decide your ranking in Dream Team at the end of the year. The answers you get on this forum are just somebodies opinion and not even remotely close to facts...

If you want facts and figures the go out and look and Hilles history Vs Freo or warnocks vs Brisbane. Do a little research beacause i can garuntee other wont be doing it for you :thumbsu:

These are the decisions that decide your ranking in Dream Team at the end of the year. The answers you get on this forum are just somebodies opinion and not even remotely close to facts...

If you want facts and figures the go out and look and Hilles history Vs Freo or warnocks vs Brisbane. Do a little research beacause i can garuntee other wont be doing it for you :thumbsu:

All Valli was seeking was opinions. Your post is unnecessary and adds nothing here.

Should I:

Keep R. Shaw and Tippett, and expect them to both fall in price a fair bit.

OR

Should I downgrade R. Shaw to Malceski/Kennelly and upgrade Tippett to Sandilands.

Pros on doing the trade:

- I get an extra 40/80k in the bank
- Malceski/Kennelly will rise in price, meaning I can upgrade him to a fallen premium, such as Hargrave (who will plummet after round 3).
- I will have a Sandi/Hille combo in the ruck, which is more safe than a Tippett/Hille combo. I can also expect a price rise with Sandi, but that doesn't matter because I'll hang onto him for the rest of the year.

Cons:

- 2 trades used up after the first two weeks.
- Tippett and R. Shaw are potential keepers, despite their poor start to the year in terms of fantasy scores.
- R. Shaw is rather unique, compared to the amount of people who have Malceski/Kennelly.

Also please state whether I should go after Kennelly or Malceski.

All Valli was seeking was opinions. Your post is unnecessary and adds nothing here.

I disagree. I think it adds a lot.

I tend to seek out opinion on structure and so forth at the preseason stage, and then pretty much don't care about whoever is the "hype" player answer for the rest of the season on here. I think their post is basically saying be careful of just asking questions and acting on whatever the "majority" response is.

E.g. "trade clark to seaby and upgrade medhurst to j. brown" could almost be considered a "majority" or group-think response as that's pretty much been posted quite a few times, despite my own disagreements with that tactic (though i don't have any of those players in my side.... so guess my opinion is moot).

Anyway... chasing upgrades/downgrades, rookies etc. etc. just because watching the games, keeping an eye on those players you wished started rnd 1 and watching the fallen guns get lapped up at the right time of the season. None of this will be discussed openly until post-fact e.g. "Har har i picked up what's his face and he just score 120 and will go up 100k and now none of you can get him!"... though the occurence of such is lessened due to fanfooty/FF Genie etc. etc., but ppl that might trade early chasing the negative BE's trying to fix their "out of form" players that are fit and happy are just setting themselves up for regret. I learnt this last year with travis tuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. I think it adds a lot.

I tend to seek out opinion on structure and so forth at the preseason stage, and then pretty much don't care about whoever is the "hype" player answer for the rest of the season on here. I think their post is basically saying be careful of just asking questions and acting on whatever the "majority" response is.

E.g. "trade clark to seaby and upgrade medhurst to j. brown" could almost be considered a "majority" or group-think response as that's pretty much been posted quite a few times, despite my own disagreements with that tactic (though i don't have any of those players in my side.... so guess my opinion is moot).

Anyway... chasing upgrades/downgrades, rookies etc. etc. just because watching the games, keeping an eye on those players you wished started rnd 1 and watching the fallen guns get lapped up at the right time of the season. None of this will be discussed openly until post-fact e.g. "Har har i picked up what's his face and he just score 120 and will go up 100k and now none of you can get him!"... though the occurence of such is lessened due to fanfooty/FF Genie etc. etc., but ppl that might trade early chasing the negative BE's trying to fix their "out of form" players that are fit and happy are just setting themselves up for regret. I learnt this last year with travis tuck.
Good post and i agree with you, you've pretty much summed up how my early trading went last year but what if you feel like you've made a mistake on a player and perhaps he wasnt the right midpricer? Do you count your losses and get rid of him now 2 rounds in or hold onto hoping he'll eventually come good. Obviously 2 rounds isn't a great deal of info but Hall (IMO) will not be the pick everyone is hoping for this year. He'll take big defenders and contest marks but won't do the leading up the ground that we've seen in the past which will do nothing for his scores. Masten is my other questionable, 15 and 20 possies for not much more than 70 points iirc. I think i got it wrong with this one as well and the upside in picking a rookie would be beneficial with cash in hand, cash gained and not much of a ppg loss (if any). Job security remains the only issue. The other question is, if Brown averages 100-110 this year which looks every possibility this year does the benefit outweigh the cost of 1-2 trades?

EDIT: Oh and my x v y is Howlett v Banner.

No way in hell am i risking keeping Boomer for the rest of the season, he is a ticking time bomb you could see it against Port and he almost exploded aginst the saints.

I know i shouldnt trade this early into the season, but i think ill have to..

Boomer > higgins
Boomer > Brennan

WOULD LOVE A BRISBANE VIEW ON BRENNAN.

No way in hell am i risking keeping Boomer for the rest of the season, he is a ticking time bomb you could see it against Port and he almost exploded aginst the saints.

I know i shouldnt trade this early into the season, but i think ill have to..

Boomer > higgins
Boomer > Brennan

WOULD LOVE A BRISBANE VIEW ON BRENNAN.

I'd go with Brennan TBH. He's the type of player that starts playing good consistent footy from the age of 25-30 or reaches his "potential". He'll also never get tagged with the likes of Sherman, Rich, Black and Power playing in the midfield and he's a tackling machine so he'll get you a lot of points even if he doesn't get a lot of touches. For example he got 119 with only 23 touches.

I'd go with Brennan TBH. He's the type of player that starts playing good consistent footy from the age of 25-30 or reaches his "potential". He'll also never get tagged with the likes of Sherman, Rich, Black and Power playing in the midfield and he's a tackling machine so he'll get you a lot of points even if he doesn't get a lot of touches. For example he got 119 with only 23 touches.
cheers axel :thumbsu:

Hmmmm....

Might have to rethink this if he's out for 1-2 weeks....:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back