Player X or Player Y (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I think it adds a lot.

I tend to seek out opinion on structure and so forth at the preseason stage, and then pretty much don't care about whoever is the "hype" player answer for the rest of the season on here. I think their post is basically saying be careful of just asking questions and acting on whatever the "majority" response is.

E.g. "trade clark to seaby and upgrade medhurst to j. brown" could almost be considered a "majority" or group-think response as that's pretty much been posted quite a few times, despite my own disagreements with that tactic (though i don't have any of those players in my side.... so guess my opinion is moot).

Anyway... chasing upgrades/downgrades, rookies etc. etc. just because watching the games, keeping an eye on those players you wished started rnd 1 and watching the fallen guns get lapped up at the right time of the season. None of this will be discussed openly until post-fact e.g. "Har har i picked up what's his face and he just score 120 and will go up 100k and now none of you can get him!"... though the occurence of such is lessened due to fanfooty/FF Genie etc. etc., but ppl that might trade early chasing the negative BE's trying to fix their "out of form" players that are fit and happy are just setting themselves up for regret. I learnt this last year with travis tuck.

This thread is about player x versus player y. People can form opinions based on what others tell them here or they can do their own research. The post I referred to was as useful as **** on a bull. Anyone worth their dream team salt will know research can be done to look at prior years scoring. But perhaps people don't want to, can't be stuffed, would prefer rely on bigfooty 'experts'... and therefore post here.

Anyway... it's really not an issue as important as;

Dangerfield versus Ballantyne versus having a third rookie mid and an extra $150K or so cash.

Is it worth keeping jolly?? Hes my weakest player out of all 28 that have played (gray and rookie ruck the other 2).. I thought he was in for a big season. ?

Is it worth keeping jolly?? Hes my weakest player out of all 28 that have played (gray and rookie ruck the other 2).. I thought he was in for a big season. ?

I got sucked in too. I'm cutting my losses and downgrading him this week while he still has a fair bit of cash value left in him

nic nat v seaby??

Like to hear thoughts on both these ruckmen

I'd choose Seaby over Naitanui to be honest Mate. Nic had some nice purple patches during the game but I belive he will still get inconsistent scores throughout the year.

Mark looks to have really turned things around after the move to Sydney & is looking in great Form at the moment.

In saying that I have both but choice between them I think most would agree that Seaby would win out.

Small Dilemma of my own? Thinking this week of Benching Martin & Putting Howlett on the field. Have Bastinac on the Bench also & Barlow is my only other rookie which of course he stays on the park.

With Richmond playing Sydney & Essendon playing Carlton I was thinking it might be worth the punt on Howlett to carve up the Blues Midfield?

Thoughts Anyone.....

Just a slight dilemma
Robbie gray not playing the last 2 rounds..
do i cut my losses now and downgrade to someone like Peterson from the hawks and net myself $150,000?
or downgrade a struggling Mitch Clark, to someone like seaby?

The end result of this cash would then be put towards upgrading Hall - Brown

Small Dilemma of my own? Thinking this week of Benching Martin & Putting Howlett on the field. Have Bastinac on the Bench also & Barlow is my only other rookie which of course he stays on the park.

With Richmond playing Sydney & Essendon playing Carlton I was thinking it might be worth the punt on Howlett to carve up the Blues Midfield?

Thoughts Anyone.....

From what i have seen on Martin he seems to get alot of contested posessions so i doubt that his scores will decrease when playing Sydney. In fact on the small ground i think they could go the opposite way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be inclined to steer away from Goodwin, he is in the backward part of his career, no improvement.

You couldn't really go wrong with the other two. The only thing that could potentially spilt them is Gilbert's scoring could reduce with the inclusion of Fisher whereas I think Broughton's could go up considering Fremantle's all round improvement.
Like I said though, spiltting hairs IMO.

Any thoughts on the stability and scoring potential of the following? Who is the most likely to retain a spot in their team's 22?

Bastinac v Howlett v Duncan v Banfield v Banner

I'd be inclined to steer away from Goodwin, he is in the backward part of his career, no improvement.

You couldn't really go wrong with the other two. The only thing that could potentially spilt them is Gilbert's scoring could reduce with the inclusion of Fisher whereas I think Broughton's could go up considering Fremantle's all round improvement.
Like I said though, spiltting hairs IMO.

Any thoughts on the stability and scoring potential of the following? Who is the most likely to retain a spot in their team's 22?

Bastinac v Howlett v Duncan v Banfield v Banner

How would Gilberts decrease with Fisher back? wouldn't it increae as he won't be playing that defensive role anymore???

Bastinac
Banfield
Banner
Duncan
Howlet

Gia + Gumbleton

or

Ballantyne & Rioli

These are the 2 options I have as an end result of trading Brown into my team, not sure which is the better option?

start rockliff or wright?

rockliff has some killer form, weagles didnt seem to show much frontal pressure last week so mmmmm
leaning toward rocky

I HAVE A REALLY TOUGH QUESTION...

Higgins or Brennan??

No doubt you do, Higgins has injury issues while Brennan has consistency issues.

Thinking Higgins maybe the way to go. Based on last years stats, he got slightly more kicks, marks and goals then Brennan mainly playing as a half-forward/mid.

But at the end of the day, there isn't much difference in terms of average points between the two.

start rockliff or wright?

rockliff has some killer form, weagles didnt seem to show much frontal pressure last week so mmmmm
leaning toward rocky

Definitely Rockliff although I don't know which Wright your referring to.

Good pre-season form and got a score of 87 is his first game. If not in the starting line up, have him on your bench as a backup. He is a natural footballer.

Gia + Gumbleton

or

Ballantyne & Rioli

These are the 2 options I have as an end result of trading Brown into my team, not sure which is the better option?

Ballantyne and Rioli

Gia has been inconsistent with his scoring this year and Gumbleton hasnt been too flashy.

Both Balla and Rioli in good form.

hi guys pretty new to dt 2nd year. when i was originally selecting my team the dual position players had next to their names their 2nd position fwd def or mid.

now i need to trade d.connors & want to get a cheap dual position fwd/mid any rcomendations ! $272,100 avail cash

also now that the season has started in the players section it doesnt list the dual position of any player..............how would we know which players are dp

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back