Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franklin or Rioli or Take the risk and have both (first bye is a multi with the second not coming until rd 17)

Also Walker or Knights?
If you don't have any Freo or Geelong forwards then it isn't too risky having both, but if you only choose one I'd take Buddy, but that's also if money isn't an issue.

As for Walker or Knights, if you're prepared to take a risk get Knights. I can't see enough upside in picking Walker, so if you don't like Knights I think you should look elsewhere.

None, but if i had to i would go Lecras

Really, none? I would think that Sylvia offers great risk vs reward. If he can find some consistency he should be a keeper.

I'm experimenting with the idea of taking out Chappy.... Finding it very hard to bring myself to do it though.

So these seem to be my options:
Pavlich (F4) and Tarrant (D6)... With Otten at (D5)
vs
Yarran/Duncan (my smokey) (F4) and Broughton (D5)... Pushes Otten back to (D6)

Leaning towards the 2nd option, but leaning even more towards keeping Chappy and having Tarrant as D6. I don't know what it is, I just can't bring myself to take him out! :confused:

Whatever you do keep Chappy

What about this one Robbie Gray (should be a big improved this year) or Shaun Higgins I can't decide.

My last conundrum...

2 of Gaff Harris and Polec... note i have swallow as well
and taking Harris would leave me with approx 150k

From what i've been reading there is a bit of uncertainty over Gaff as to whether or not he'll get in the team and stay there. I'd say Harris and Polec would be your best bet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My last conundrum...

2 of Gaff Harris and Polec... note i have swallow as well
and taking Harris would leave me with approx 150k

Probably go Harris and Polec. Got a feeling Polec will play a fair bit. And nothing wrong with going Swallow/Harris.. Harris should make a fair bit of dosh to upgrade later..

Mine is is Petrie vs Yarran..Petrie has, apart from last season, been a consistent SuperCoach scorer and can be upgraded later on with a lowish stating price, whereas I'm not sure Yarran is a keeper or rise enough to upgrade later on..

Probably go Harris and Polec. Got a feeling Polec will play a fair bit. And nothing wrong with going Swallow/Harris.. Harris should make a fair bit of dosh to upgrade later..

Mine is is Petrie vs Yarran..Petrie has, apart from last season, been a consistent SuperCoach scorer and can be upgraded later on with a lowish stating price, whereas I'm not sure Yarran is a keeper or rise enough to upgrade later on..

I wouldn't have Petrie in your starting 22, although I do have him as my 3rd ruck.
I also have Yarran in my team, if he can average 80ish and go up $80-100k I'll be happy, He will be an upgrade target later in the season.

Here is my dilemma,

1 of Porps, Dangerfield, Zaharakis, Hurley or any other cheaper, better forward ???

Out of those options I like Porps the most as he has previously reached a pretty good level of scoring. But really all of them are fairly risky.

Just realised I had some extra cash floating around and with talk of Prestia having less job security that I originally expected I've upgraded him to Gamble as my 7th Forward.

However on another forum today I was reading some pretty well informed guys saying that Prestia WILL play and WILL score well.

My basic question :

Gamble vs Prestia

Out of those options I like Porps the most as he has previously reached a pretty good level of scoring. But really all of them are fairly risky.

Just realised I had some extra cash floating around and with talk of Prestia having less job security that I originally expected I've upgraded him to Gamble as my 7th Forward.

However on another forum today I was reading some pretty well informed guys saying that Prestia WILL play and WILL score well.

My basic question :

Gamble vs Prestia

I had both now i have niether, Not 100% if prestia will play early and for the price i didnt want to risk it. and gambles in and out for me, went the cheaper options on both, i think the 100-110K players will do just as well.

mine
Goodes VS Harvey

both MPP's , i'm iffy on both and have buddy so Rioli's not an option

mine
Goodes VS Harvey

both MPP's , i'm iffy on both and have buddy so Rioli's not an option

I've just put Goodes into my team. Preseason form too good to ignore, also Longmuire says this preseason is the best shape he has seen Goodes come back in.

I think age and injuries have caught up with Harvey. Will still get some high scores but I think his consistency will drop right off.

As for Walker or Knights, if you're prepared to take a risk get Knights. I can't see enough upside in picking Walker, so if you don't like Knights I think you should look elsewhere.

The Adelaide board are talking up Walker being this years Jack Riewoldt.

He is a huge talent but his career has been hot and cold so far.

i know people have already talked about a premium and a rookie vs two mid priced players, but i have plenty of rookies in my fwds/defs and swallow already starting in the mids,

so with that in consideration,

premium(montagna) + wallis/bewick/libba
vs
foley + rich

i'm thinking the second one because of the instant scoring factor, since i have 5 rookies starting already in my team, i don't want to start too slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back