Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swan. Both of them haven't been playing full out this preseason, but Swan is a ball magnet. In saying that Pendles is a gun as well, so either option should be good, but Swan you have a potential captain, not sure you can put that same trust into Pendles just yet.

Depends on captaincy really and team structure. Swan is a better choice than Pendles but Montagna is a much better option than Harvey. If you're happy giving Goddard or someone similar your captaincy then I'd go with the first option.

Eugh, I don't really like either option to be honest but I'd probably go with the second option because at least Harvey is a Keeper. Can't really say that about the other 3. Adcock is undepriced too which gives him a little bit of a positive.

Again I don't know if either are good picks, and to be honest I can't split them. I think it depends on who you have already in your team in terms of byes. Maybe Thomas?
Thanks.... Kept Harvey... downgraded Harbrow for Otten... now to spend the cash

Jolly + $40,000 or Cox? I've had Jolly sitting in R2 behing Sandilands for six weeks but have switched to Cox after his good pre-season form. Jolly started slow last year then came home very strong. Cox at his best is a higher scorer and very consistent. :confused:

Rioli, Harvey, Knights Vs Franklen, Harvey, Gamble?
Swan, Judd, Hayes Vs Swan, Murphy, Pendelbury?

So what you're saying is...
Rioli and Knights vs Franklin and Gamble? (since you've listed Harvey in both)
Judd and Hayes versus Murphy and Pendlebury? (since you've listed Swan in both)

I'd take Franklin and Gamble after Franklin's preseason. The second is more of a toss-up, but I'd bank on Judd so he can carry Hayes along for the ride.

So what you're saying is...
Rioli and Knights vs Franklin and Gamble? (since you've listed Harvey in both)
Judd and Hayes versus Murphy and Pendlebury? (since you've listed Swan in both)
I put swan in because i wasn't sure about having two colingwood premiums in the mid, don't now why i put harvey in though

D Thomas or K Jack?

Again I don't know if either are good picks, and to be honest I can't split them. I think it depends on who you have already in your team in terms of byes. Maybe Thomas?

That's the problem, I have Swan and Kennedy, so byes is a problem.

come to think of it, I also have boyd and cross. AARGHH
freaking byes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swan vs Pendlebury?

will swans massive price drop after round 3?
You'd think it probably would at least a bit, but I'm sticking Swan in and making him captain until he gives me a reason not to.
You might end up up waiting for a significant price drop that doesn't happen and meanwhile you're missing out on Swan's points that everyone else is getting. Then you have to manufacture a couple of trades to get him in, as well as probably trying to do the same with Ablett after Round 9.

Cox over Jolly???

You'd think it probably would at least a bit, but I'm sticking Swan in and making him captain until he gives me a reason not to.
You might end up up waiting for a significant price drop that doesn't happen and meanwhile you're missing out on Swan's points that everyone else is getting. Then you have to manufacture a couple of trades to get him in, as well as probably trying to do the same with Ablett after Round 9.

Cox over Jolly???

i'm sticking with swan too atm but Pendlebury has scored higher this preseason. I plan on having both after Collingwood are done with byes and I'm sure alot of people are. Will the new interchange rules affect Swan?

i'm sticking with swan too atm but Pendlebury has scored higher this preseason. I plan on having both after Collingwood are done with byes and I'm sure alot of people are. Will the new interchange rules affect Swan?
No they won't, he still played well during games when the side was down a player last year. Either way he's capable of playing as a forward so resting up there isn't a problem either.

Something a little bit different for people

Forward rookies:

Charlie Disxon (Gold Coast Suns)

V

Shaun Mckernan (Adelaide Crows)

Dixon should play every game for the suns but already have young Matera in my forwards, whilst already having 6 suns is not ideal.

Mckernan should get better scores but may not play every game.

I wouldn't worry too much about Dixon on the basis of having Matera, unless you're playing them both on the field. During GC byes it should just mean you have weaker bench cover. As to which is best, I think like you say, McKernan could be the bigger scorer but Dixon has better job security, it's tough to pick.

Deledio and Prestia vs Adcock and Yarran

Deledio and Prestia vs Adcock and Yarran

I might have given you my opinion in the other thread, but just think about it for a second.

On the left is a player who will average over 100...again and a rookie who will most likely gain you 150-200k.

On the right is someone who needs to average 95-100 and actually play every game with another bloke who has to average the same - which is an increase of 30 ppg.

It's up to you, but the safer options looks to be the better one.

Franklin or Rioli or Take the risk and have both (first bye is a multi with the second not coming until rd 17)

Also Walker or Knights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back