Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franklin vs Rioli vs Didak

Cash is not an issue and I have no other Collingwood or Hawthorn fowards either on the field or in reserve.

Thoughts?

I would go Franklin. More upside and should have better consistency IMO

1. Pavlich + J.Selwood
2. Chapman + A.Swallow
3. Paclich + Montagna

?? Any thought on the best one.. thanks.

Pavlich and Selwood, unless you think Chapman is going to score more than Selwood. Selwood > Montagna, and Pavlich > A. Swallow.

Franklin vs Rioli vs Didak

Cash is not an issue and I have no other Collingwood or Hawthorn fowards either on the field or in reserve.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you will probably want all of these players in your team by the end of the year as I think they will be 3 of the 7 highest scoring forwards but if I had to choose one to start it would be Franklin.

Top 5 forward line sits..

Rioli, ROK , S johnson,Sylvia, Higgins

I want to maybe change Higgns with Kinghts and then use the extra cash 100K+ to upgrade one of the other 4?

Maybe a SJ > Didak/ Pav or Syliva > Buddy/Harvey/Pav/Didak

Or any other suggestions/combos would be appreciated.

Goddard (Def) + Montagna (Mid) + Ward (Mid) + Pav (Fwd)

or

Grimes (Def) + Goddard (Mid) + Boak (Mid) + Sylvia (Fwd)

Thoughts?

Would like to know

Conca V Atley
Beams V Sidebottom

While the NAB cup should help differentiate one of them for you, let's just assume that Conca & Atley are exactly the same and you cannot differentiate. I would think it would depend on:

a) how many of their fellow teammates you have in your side.
b) When the byes are
c) If they share a bye week with other teams.

Assuming both play every week of the year (they shouldn't) Atley will miss rnd 3 & 21 while Conca will miss rnd 11 & 19 (with BL & Syd). Thus, assuming you wish to cash these boys in about rnd 11 (Rich 1st Bye) I'd go Conca as he will not miss any games to this point, thus making you more money sooner, thus allowing you to upgrade to a gun (or downgrade) sooner...

As for Beams v Sidebottom, from what I've been reading and hearing, popular opinion would suggest Sidebottom. Personally I'd probable feel safer with Sidbottom too.

Levi Greenwood (311k) vs KRAKOUER, Nathan (269k) + cash

I originally had Krakouer, but decided to spend the extra lil bit of cash n get Greenwood.

Alternatively is there a defender <350K who you'd imagine might make me a bit of $$

I currently have atm

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, ?? Otten & Heppell (Coad, Duigan, Hibberd)

Levi Greenwood (311k) vs KRAKOUER, Nathan (269k) + cash

I originally had Krakouer, but decided to spend the extra lil bit of cash n get Greenwood.

Alternatively is there a defender <350K who you'd imagine might make me a bit of $$

I currently have atm

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, ?? Otten & Heppell (Coad, Duigan, Hibberd)

I love Greenwood's mongrel but I think Krakouer has more potential to increase his value.

As far as cheap defenders go check out Toy.

Staying on defence:
BRUCE v SCOTLAND v GILBEE?

Foley v Scully v Martin?

Also Nathan Grima and Jacob Surjan v Cam Bruce and Andy Otten.

I'm personally going Foley.
He's had experience and you know what you're going to get. (Around 90)
The 2nd year players are much more unpredictable.

Unfortunately wouldn't know enough about Grima and Surjan to answer you're second one

My question:

Montagna VS Dal Santo VS Marc Murphy

Cheers guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Greenwood's mongrel but I think Krakouer has more potential to increase his value.

As far as cheap defenders go check out Toy.

Staying on defence:
BRUCE v SCOTLAND v GILBEE?

Would have to go Bruce...but not overly keen on any of those guys.
Gilbee is copping a tag way too often which is dramatically effecting his scores from say 2007 to the point that in 09 he only averaged 85.

Scotland, Solid not spectacular. I suppose a good unique pick.

Cam Bruce could be a good option but with his age and new club it will be very unpredictable. His new role could be completely different or indeed he could continue on his way averaging 100's.

The big 3 for Back Premiums are Goddard, Gibbs and Deledio. If you don't have these guys others are going to have an advantage on you.

I'm personally going Foley.
He's had experience and you know what you're going to get. (Around 90)
The 2nd year players are much more unpredictable.

Unfortunately wouldn't know enough about Grima and Surjan to answer you're second one

My question:

Montagna VS Dal Santo VS Marc Murphy

Cheers guys

I would say Montagna as he is durable and consistent, but you could make a case for all of them.

Grimes + Montagna + Boyd + Gaff

or

Otten + Hodge + Montagna + Anthony

Thoughts?

I would say Montagna as he is durable and consistent, but you could make a case for all of them.

Grimes + Newman + Boak

or

Deledio + Broughton + Anthony

Thoughts?

Would take the second option. Durability a big factor this year. Grimes comes with a few question marks and did I read somewhere that Boak is coming in a little underdond?

Harry O v Paul Bower

judd v hodge v j selwood

I've been thinking about these 3 too... It always depends on the rest of your team (i.e. how many of each team you have).

JUDD: If you want to go Judd then you'll need a spare trade as he'll have the SC Grand Final off which is why I'm not getting him.

HODGE: I recall Hodge getting tagged out of a game last year thanks to RoK... And without the Def/Mid eligibility I can see him being far less popular this year. I can't see why though... He's still a machine! That's why he's lining up in my starting squad.

SELWOOD: I think Selwood is in for a bigger year than last eyar as he'll be taking the points Ablett would have had (and he'll be getting the protection Ablett had last year). I'm currently trying to fit him into my side too.

So the answer is actually all of them... Hodge & Selwood of you don't want to worry about trading Judd. Then depending on the rest of your team... If you have Chappy, Bartel, Enright etc then you probably want to go Hodge. If you have Buddy, Rioli, Sewell, Mitchell, Burgoyne etc then you would probably go Selwood.... Very tough decision.

Didak vs Pav? (FWD)

Pav saves some cash, but I'm worried as last year was somewhat unreliable due to other player stepping up for the Dockers and keeping him up forward with less points... Didak seems to pump out 4 excellent scores in a row then one stinker... Help!

&

Goodes vs Sylvia (MID)?

My Demon goggles might be clouding my judgement here- Sylvia is ready for breakout year whereas Goodes is usually very reliable, with the exception of early last season... I've got Sylvia but dunno what to do...

I've been thinking about these 3 too... It always depends on the rest of your team (i.e. how many of each team you have).

JUDD: If you want to go Judd then you'll need a spare trade as he'll have the SC Grand Final off which is why I'm not getting him.

HODGE: I recall Hodge getting tagged out of a game last year thanks to RoK... And without the Def/Mid eligibility I can see him being far less popular this year. I can't see why though... He's still a machine! That's why he's lining up in my starting squad.

SELWOOD: I think Selwood is in for a bigger year than last eyar as he'll be taking the points Ablett would have had (and he'll be getting the protection Ablett had last year). I'm currently trying to fit him into my side too.

So the answer is actually all of them... Hodge & Selwood of you don't want to worry about trading Judd. Then depending on the rest of your team... If you have Chappy, Bartel, Enright etc then you probably want to go Hodge. If you have Buddy, Rioli, Sewell, Mitchell, Burgoyne etc then you would probably go Selwood.... Very tough decision.

Very good synopsis. Agree on all points- and love the confidence re making GF- i.e. Judd not being available :D

Cotchin or Dangerfield, both can be expected to have breakout years, very tough decision leaning towards Cotchin at the moment, but need help.

Swan, Judd and Goodes (3 Mids I currently have) or Chapman/Selwood, Pendlebury and Lenny Hayes

*Note; if I opt for the latter, it allows me to purchase Deledio as opposed to Gilbert, as I already have Goddard in my backs (Sound confusing enough??:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back