Player X vs Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the year before. I'm pretty sure I had this conversation with Jiska but looking at the stats he looked pretty damn good.
He's another Jack Grimes (Judd_Magic 's boy). Awesome player and would be a lock in 90% of SC times IF he could stay on the park.

Currently have Hurn/Boomer. Thinking of perhaps changing to Hibberd (if selected) & Roughead.

Could also go from Cox>NicNat, Hibberd, Boomer.

Thoughts?

Id steer clear of boomer regardless of if you keep hurn or not... I think this might finally be the year where he falls off the cliff a bit, particularly once swallow comes back, if hes forced to play a small forward role rather than share midfield minutes with ziebell, cunnington nicky dal etc.

My problem is
Roughie, dahlhaus and Hmac/Hickey
vs
Wright/Caddy, dahlhaus and McEvoy/Luey
vs
Caddy, Roughie and Mcevoy

I really want dahlhaus in there as a POD but i think option three seems the best

Id steer clear of boomer regardless of if you keep hurn or not... I think this might finally be the year where he falls off the cliff a bit, particularly once swallow comes back, if hes forced to play a small forward role rather than share midfield minutes with ziebell, cunnington nicky dal etc.

My problem is
Roughie, dahlhaus and Hmac/Hickey
vs
Wright/Caddy, dahlhaus and McEvoy/Luey
vs
Caddy, Roughie and Mcevoy

I really want dahlhaus in there as a POD but i think option three seems the best

Every year people say boomer is going to fall off the perch - why will he be forced to play a small fwd role? the bloke is a running machine and fit as...
One year he will start to not score as well, but given norfs draw and the improvement of their kids it is also feasible to say, gee with that extra supply on the inside boomer may get more of the easy ball on the outside and may kick more goals. When the pies were flying (oh for those days again) everyone said gee not enuff points, pendles, swan, daisy, beams, ball etc - gee cannot have sidebum thats too many points.... sidebum killed it

Points wise if Norf are as good as people think - then the ball spends more time fwd of half back and the defenders lose points and the mids gain them.

Boomer is the real Yoda he just keeps getting wiser

End of my rant on Boomer

note: due to bye structures i dont have him but I wish i could

Alot of talk about D.Swallow after sat nights game with alot happy they started with him, and alot stating he will be coming straight into there round 2 sides. I'm happy to put my hand up and say i dont have him but like Jiska, i did for most of the pre season thinking this can be a breakout year for the kid. Reasons for this have been mentioned by numerous posters so wont go into it now. After watching him sat night, i want him back in. To do so obviously burns an early trade but my def is my weakest line. I also need to come up with some extra cash to do so. So heres my question....

Who would you pick if in my shoes..
Swallow,Robertson or similair cheap mid rookie(117,300) and a def yet to play under 123,900(using 1 trade all up)
or
Webster,Michie and Langford or similair 123,900 or there abouts def yet to play(using no trades but possibly costing me points each week)

Obviously it all comes down to if the right priced rookies for this to happen are even selected this week and have good JS.

FWIW i'm not sold on Webster, hence the reason im chasing Swallow as D4

I'm not sure I'd be trading in Swallow quite yet. Would want to see one more (at least) game from him before making the decision.
Yes,very true. Good call. Was thinking this a few mins ago. Do i still run with Webster as my D4 though? I dont mind the thought of Atley or Suckling in that position? Both yet to play so wont cost me a trade and i believe both should score more than Webster.

FWIW i have Langdon on my pine as E so if i do believe Swallow can back it up i may still get rid of Webster to a non scoring rookie, collect langdons 111 and trade out rookie for Swallow following week. Ballsy move i know putting a non scoring rookie into my squad only for Swallow to possibly stink it up next round but im quite confident a big year awaits. Happy to be talked out of it though

Yes,very true. Good call. Was thinking this a few mins ago. Do i still run with Webster as my D4 though? I dont mind the thought of Atley or Suckling in that position? Both yet to play so wont cost me a trade and i believe both should score more than Webster.

FWIW i have Langdon on my pine as E so if i do believe Swallow can back it up i may still get rid of Webster to a non scoring rookie, collect langdons 111 and trade out rookie for Swallow following week. Ballsy move i know putting a non scoring rookie into my squad only for Swallow to possibly stink it up next round but im quite confident a big year awaits. Happy to be talked out of it though
In a similar position myself with Langford and am seriously considering starting a floating donut should Crouch not get named. Fuller/Cutler are not horrible options either as they're expected to play at some stage so you can always have a second look at your D6's score before locking it in while they're not playing.

In a similar position myself with Langford and am seriously considering starting a floating donut should Crouch not get named. Fuller/Cutler are not horrible options either as they're expected to play at some stage so you can always have a second look at your D6's score before locking it in while they're not playing.
Please elaborate? Knocked off work not long ago and brain isnt functioning as it should:confused:

Fuller?

All the pre-season watchers think he's a mile off the pace and not likely to debut in the near future.
With Higgins playing back, Murphy, Goodes & JJ as rebounders and Young pushing for gametime (and a few are fans of Pearce as well) he seems purely to be depth/injury cover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please elaborate? Knocked off work not long ago and brain isnt functioning as it should:confused:
I haven't fully analysed either of Brisbane's or WB's draw and without knowing your backline couldn't say for sure if a donut in your backline is a viable option but basically if you have a non playing rookie in your backline that plays alot of late games (Melbourne for example) you should almost always have an opportunity to have 2 shots at your D6's score.

For example, this week Langdon would have been an emergency in a lot of teams because coaches wanted to see how he would've scored and if he subbed/injured you at least get to avoid that score. To lock in his score, you'd need to have a non playing rookie on the ground though which is where Cutler/Fuller come into the equation. For future rounds, you could put your defender rookie who plays first as an emergency and if you like his score, you put your donut on the field and if you don't like his score, you put your other playing rookie on the field, effectively giving you a second shot at your F6's score.

The difference with Cutler and Fuller is they don't have DPP but do have a realistic shot of playing games which reduces the downside of a floating donut; being that they will eventually make money.

Floating donut's are not for everyone though and you will find more nay sayers than yay sayers (lol) but something worth considering imo

Fuller?

All the pre-season watchers think he's a mile off the pace and not likely to debut in the near future.
With Higgins playing back, Murphy, Goodes & JJ as rebounders and Young pushing for gametime (and a few are fans of Pearce as well) he seems purely to be depth/injury cover.
Yeah unfortunately a poor preseason hasn't put him in a great position to play in the near future but I expect to see him at some stage when the inevitable injuries come or fringe player's form drops. I don't see a mature aged, elite kick taken with your second or third pick being a depth player but then again, you'd know better than me :)

Berger vs nicnat
It's a tough one because i think berger will be a very consistent 105+ ruck this year, but if Nic Nat gets his body right he could be 120+ and i dont want to miss out on that train

Berger vs nicnat
It's a tough one because i think berger will be a very consistent 105+ ruck this year, but if Nic Nat gets his body right he could be 120+ and i dont want to miss out on that train
That's a massive IF. I'd go Berger and let Nic Nat prove himself before taking the risk. May well be managed and be a sub option too.

Reports are lions are playing West as well how would that change your opinion? It possibly brings Jacobs as an option in for me?
Wouldn't change my opinion one bit. Cox and Noc Nat ranked #1 and #3 for SC rucks in the same year. Luey is good around the ground as well as rucking. I'm confident Luey will get at least 80% of the ruck duties.

luey v ryder v nic nat for me

if nick nat was 100% healthy this wouldnt be a question.. this is my only issue left

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back