Players in the draft that would suit your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like that Wilson kid from W.A. but he might be in between our first and second picks. Would be a steal at our second round pick. If were planning for the future we need a ruck, will be interesting to see what direction we head in with this draft.

Lucas Cook would be a better fit for Carlton, but it looks we're not going to get a chance to draft him.

Mark Austin isn't a good defender/reader of the play deep, but has the size and athleticism to play CHB besides Bower, so a KPF might be a better get.

Good rebounder like Bower.

Yet if we keep winning, a Patrick McCarthy or Watson might be address our needs. :confused:

McCarthy gets a tick for his Glenelg background. :)

I'd like a power tall, but the schadenfreude to be found in a meltdown after we pick midfielders is far too enjoyable.

A hard inside midfielder and leader would be a good needs based selection with our second round pick.

We've probably got enough Wayne Hughes specials on our list.

no chance to get him unless you finish below melbourne (not happening)
as he is exactly what we are looking for

Fixed.

I'd hardly describe the least possession getter on the ground, and the 3rd least possession getter on the ground, combining for 2 goals, in a side that kicked 22 goals and had 450 disposals as destroyers.

Fair call.

Leading goal scorer (Jones) and match winner (Grant) against a much better team (Adelaide) interstate sounds much better.

For the eagles i would love gaff for our first pick, he is just a great all round player with good skills somthing we very much need.

whlist with our second pick i would love to see warrick andreoli slip through he reminds me so much od one stephen hill.

On paper we NM seems to be needing a power forward but we can develope these in house becaues with a good midfield forwards will automatically look 10x better. But we do need a highly explosive midfielder who can kick goals, like Aker.

A quick crumber and another tall backman to develop would be nice... along with Wallis and Liberatore :)

Perfect description of Blayne Wilson.
Yet Seb Tape plays for Glenelg and appears to have a good turn of speed.

Link
What type of player are you?

I am a competitive player of a reasonable size, capable of playing either tall or small defensive roles with good ground skills and athleticism.

Which AFL player do you most resemble and why?

I seem to play a similar style to someone like St Kilda defender Sam Gilbert, as he is capable of playing both tall and small defensive roles and creating run through the back half.

What are your strengths as a footballer?

My strengths as a footballer are my competitiveness, ground skills, selflessness, leadership potential, awareness and closing speed.
Link

I was thinking of Massie after reading a claim on the Richmond that Tape has grown two centimetres.

Kris is Glenelg's U18 coach.

Perfect fit.

Tape is rangy like Jarrad Grant who is super quick.

I wouldn't mind Tape just to read the WTF? responses by Carlton fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the cats you have to look at firstly who we are likely to lose in the next 2-3 years (Ablett, Ottens, Milburn, Corey, Rooke, Ling) and where our priorities therefore lie. We have in the last couple of drafts taken a couple of useful flankers in Duncan and Menzel, a promising ruckman/KPF in Vardy, a couple of small forwards in Christensen and Motlop. We also have taken Gillies and Drum as KPD's.

I see our priorities as getting the best possible mids into the club. If we are to get 2 high picks for Ablett then coupled with our existing first round pick then I would be looking at the likes of Brodie Smith, Caddy, Atley, Lamb and Hallahan. The Geelong boy Smedts would obviously be of interest as well.

I see our priorities as getting the best possible mids into the club. If we are to get 2 high picks for Ablett then coupled with our existing first round pick then I would be looking at the likes of Brodie Smith, Caddy, Atley, Lamb and Hallahan. The Geelong boy Smedts would obviously be of interest as well.
Define "2 high picks"....

Ablett is Band 1, no doubt about it. That entitles you to a 1st round pick to be taken immediately after your regular pick AND a 1st round pick to be taken at the end of the 1st round.

If it were this simple, then you'd be looking at picks 23 (your regular pick), 24 (your 1st compensation pick) and pick 27 (your 2nd compensation pick). Your 2nd compensation pick could be as late as 31, if Adelaide, Footscray, Brisbane and Hawthorn all opted to use theirs.

It's not even that simple. If you want to use your pick inside the 1st round, then you have to wait until 2012 to use it. If you want to use it earlier, then it becomes the first pick after the 1st round (pick #26 overall).

Yes, you have 3 1st round selections you can use - but I wouldn't describe any of them as being "high picks". Not this year at least...

Define "2 high picks"....

Ablett is Band 1, no doubt about it. That entitles you to a 1st round pick to be taken immediately after your regular pick AND a 1st round pick to be taken at the end of the 1st round.

If it were this simple, then you'd be looking at picks 23 (your regular pick), 24 (your 1st compensation pick) and pick 27 (your 2nd compensation pick). Your 2nd compensation pick could be as late as 31, if Adelaide, Footscray, Brisbane and Hawthorn all opted to use theirs.

It's not even that simple. If you want to use your pick inside the 1st round, then you have to wait until 2012 to use it. If you want to use it earlier, then it becomes the first pick after the 1st round (pick #26 overall).

Yes, you have 3 1st round selections you can use - but I wouldn't describe any of them as being "high picks". Not this year at least...

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the misconception that our first compensation pick was a top 5 pick. This news only makes me more angry....

Remove this Banner Ad

Players in the draft that would suit your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back