Players who are GAWN at seasons end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking over our list, and thought these players are either GAWN, or very close to being cut at the end of 2005:

Heffernan
Armstrong
Smith
Williams
Rigoni
Carroll

We need to make a few changes to continue the charge to a premiership, and these guys don't figure in any plans. Cut em, maybe trade one or two, and get some more youth on board, or a veteran who is out of contract.

smith will be given another year as ND will feel sorry for him cos of his injuries. armstrong maybe another year. saturday is judgement day for carroll. others will i dunno

melbournemartin said:
smith will be given another year as ND will feel sorry for him cos of his injuries. armstrong maybe another year. saturday is judgement day for carroll. others will i dunno

The only way Smith will get another year is because he is a KP player. If he were small, he would have been long GAWN! He won't get another year because ND feels sorry for him. Crap excuse.

Armstrong will be traded back to WA. He's had how many years on our list now? 3? 4? He just doesn't enough. Has talent, but too small. Trade him back to WA, for another player, not a pick. Draft this year doesn't seem all that deep.

Deestroy said:
How in gods name did Hunter miss that list.

The kid has been on the list 3 years for no improvement. In fact he's gotten worse, now starting ON THE BENCH in the Sandy 2's.

Completely over looked him to be honest. I thought I went through all the numbers!

If he's starting on the bench for the Sandy 2's, then he's a big candidate to be delisted at the end of the season!

I reckon Bell, Ferguson or Rivers could replace Nicho to be honest. ;)

The following players are gone:

Heffernan (useless player, but ND loves him so you never know...)
Armstrong (not rated by the coaching staff and wants to go home anyway)
Hunter (bit of a shame, I liked the look of him in 2003. But he has gone backwards since then)
Williams (well you'd hope so)
Carroll (unless he impresses in the next few weeks. Out of contract I think)
Motlop (worth a punt, hasn't paid off)
Rigoni (will probably retire)

Smith will be retained for another year... even though I don't think he'll ever add to his 3 AFL games.

Sylvia Saint said:
Motlop (worth a punt, hasn't paid off)
I'm still staggered we picked him up. We would've been better off either replacing Broady (I mean, someone who played in his same position, rather than at the opposite end of the ground, and opposite end of the height chart), or gone for the other option (was it picks in the PSD?)

nichos inclusion in the leadership group means ND wont trade him or delist him

i'd give smith 1 more year. he was pick 15 right? n a big boy hopefully he can DO SOMETHING. how much does cameron hunter weigh these days btw?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supermercado said:
Our free and open player exchange program with the Dockers (Gilbert, Norrish, White, Chisholm, Farmer etc..) has slowed in the past few years so we'd better flog him to them and keep it alive.
like everyone else in the comp, we need fast skilled midfielders

Armstrong might actually be a chance to play this week. He had 25 touches or something for Sandy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's named on an extended bench.

I'd give Motlop one more year. Remember, he started pre-season really late, and while he played one or two games, his body hasn't reacted too well. Give him a full pre-season, and then if he doesn't perform, delist him. But one season on no pre-season is pretty unfair on the guy. He get's another chance.

motlop, hunter and smith will all stay.
motlop worth a punt
smith KPP
hunter needs more size and has always been labelled as someone who'll take a while to develop. not playing sandy 2's either.

Deestroy said:
Must've been a different Melbourne listed Cameron Hunter who played an average game off the bench for the Sandy 2's last week then eh?

ZING! :D

melbournemartin said:
will hefferhack go? not really got much trade value except maybe a 3rd rounder. ya never know we might pick up a gem it is still possible.

i'm sure that Carlton would be looking to recruit some more basketcases..

CowboyFromHell said:
Armstrong will be traded back to WA. He's had how many years on our list now? 3? 4? He just doesn't enough. Has talent, but too small. Trade him back to WA, for another player, not a pick. Draft this year doesn't seem all that deep.
Maybe Fremantle would be interested.

Just because a player wants to go home, it doesn't mean clubs in their home state want them. That's also the misconception of Collingwood fans regarding Leon Davis.

Armstrong seems pretty average. What would you expect in return?

Bear in mind, he wouldn't get anywhere near WC's best 22, so don't start talking about Staker or Selwood or any of our young talent. We won't part with much for a player we really don't need.

You'll get a player who can't break into our side or a 4th round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who are GAWN at seasons end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back