Players you thought were going to be guns but ended up being duds...

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Davidson

Pies had massive raps on him but he just kept doing his knee's shame really would of loved to see what he could have done

Chad Rintoul

Had a ripper start to the season and looked great got a massive knock to the head and couldnt get rid of the chronic migranes

Jarrod Molloy

Was looking like a future leader champion for us untill he got injured couldnt get over his injuries and finished up

Andrew Williams

Was playing great football untill a massive knock to the head where he just never recoverd fully it seemed

It is not trolling, it is an opinion.

a poorly informed, somewhat stupid opinion. you'd be better off admitting to trolling, than trying to convince people you knew so little of the game.

Tom Hawkins has been the most overrated (overweight) useless player i have ever seen

obviously not been watching long then. I actually think Tommahawk is the second coming of Aaron James, and have said so many times - however, you have demonstrated no insight into the player at all.

Gibbs is thember 1 draft pick tagger in the game I will give him that.

ask your dad about Drew Banfield, though if he is your gene donor I can't vouch for what he might say.

And leunberger is a brittle beanstalk who can't handle the physical contest

more insight from inside a fortune cookie.

stop being a clown.

Not sure but i reckon he would have been one of the only jew's to play senior AFL football? AJAX boy, hugely talented.

Ezra Poyas at Richmond was Jewish, as was St Kilda premiership player Ian Synman. Synman played despite 1966 Grand Final day being Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish religion.

IANAJ

Ezra Poyas at Richmond was Jewish, as was St Kilda premiership player Ian Synman. Synman played despite 1966 Grand Final day being Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish religion.

IANAJ

Another Saints player,Mordi Bromberg, was also Jewish. Also came from AJAX.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St. Bernies! Played a bit off footy against him in the Herald Sheild and ACC. Tore us to pieces, still we weren't that good.

David Spriggs - Brilliant debut season but just couldn't cut it later on as Sydney found out.

In spriggs defence he was 1st emergency for the 2005 grand final. Sydney had the best run of NO injuries in the history of the game... so in effect spriggs couldve shouldve had a medal.

Xavier Clarke - thinking back to 2003, 2004 he showed great potential remember the high marks he always took??? One day he run through the centre took a specky against the run of play darted 3 carlton players and smashed a goal from 55m it was brilliant - i think that was 2004 im not sure. check it out.

Surprised no one has mentioned Des Headland yet. Number 1 draft pick, slow start, but started to really dominate when the Lions were at their best. I thought that the move to Freo would release him and he'd win a few Brownlows. Alas....nothing. Very disappointing.

An old school example is Frank Marchesani... He was coaxed into moving across to Carlton after being Recruit of the Year for Fitzroy in 1980. For whatever reason, he barely fired a shot at Carlton, barely played 50 (mostly unmemorable) games for the Blues over the following 5 years before being delisted.

Heh heh, "coaxed" ...

I thought Julian Rowe would be a really good player for Collingwood. I saw him play a VFL game at Dandenong and he was excellent. He debuted shortly after and he handled it well. Unfortunately, he just never made it. He wasn't overly quick and his skills let him down.

Craig Jacotine was another one. He just never took the big step.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players you thought were going to be guns but ended up being duds...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back