Playing GWS and GC twice

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_m15gl9oj6F1qcnu5ro7_r1_250.gif

*yawn*

Yes, I'm sure it's past your bed time, you naughty boy.

Moondog, we play Norf next week for the first time this year.
Bit hard to beat teams you haven't played yet.

Yea well i asked a legitimate question because i was unsure and got a smartass answer "have Geelong" so i assumed you'd played both sides and lost to both.

If you don't beat North you can't complain about their fixture, you've only got yourself to blame.

Yea well i asked a legitimate question because i was unsure and got a smartass answer "have Geelong" so i assumed you'd played both sides and lost to both.

If you don't beat North you can't complain about their fixture, you've only got yourself to blame.
But North and Adelaide play GWS (one win) twice and GC (no wins) twice, while we and most other teams play only play each of them once, can't you see there's a difference?

Getting those teams twice this season is huge considering they've only won one game between them.

How in the hell did the AFL allow the Cows and Norf to play both teams twice this season?

Giving teams 16 points before the season even begins while most other teams only get to play each team once is so unprofessional of the AFL. It wouldn't have been hard to make the fixture so at most you play one of the expansion teams twice and the other one once.

North and Adelaide have such an unfair advantage over the rest of the comp.

Nice one Muppet - the draw is on a rotation in regards to the expansion teams, next season it will be other teams that play them twice. I am sure if your mob of 9th placers got to play them twice this year, nothing would be posted about it from you to say how upset your were to have to paly such substandard teams twice.

How about helping yourselves & performing just that bit better & try & finish in the 8 for once.

Nice one Muppet - the draw is on a rotation in regards to the expansion teams, next season it will be other teams that play them twice. I am sure if your mob of 9th placers got to play them twice this year, nothing would be posted about it from you to say how upset your were to have to paly such substandard teams twice.

How about helping yourselves & performing just that bit better & try & finish in the 8 for once.
But they'll be better next season, duh

No team should be playing them twice, it's not hard to make the draw so you only play one of them twice and the other team once.

Agree with the OP. Some clubs are getting 2 game head starts on others and making top 4 or finals because of it. 2 years into the competition and we still haven't had an away game against Gold Coast yet.

Agree with the OP. Some clubs are getting 2 game head starts on others and making top 4 or finals because of it. 2 years into the competition and we still haven't had an away game against Gold Coast yet.

You are sitting 2nd this year with an excellent % - not too shabby
My point is that someone has to play them twice - its all part of the outstanding draw we have in the VFL - oops sorry typo, thats AFL.
Dont see all the Victorian teams complaining about getting so many "home" games whilst the other sides have to travel every 2nd week. Hats off to WC for the great job they do.

You are sitting 2nd this year with an excellent % - not too shabby
My point is that someone has to play them twice - its all part of the outstanding draw we have in the VFL - oops sorry typo, thats AFL.
Dont see all the Victorian teams complaining about getting so many "home" games whilst the other sides have to travel every 2nd week. Hats off to WC for the great job they do.

We are 1 loss away from being 6th. I don't know about you but I would rather be playing GC, GWS and Melbourne twice instead of once like we will. 3 extra wins will be the difference between 1st and a grand final and 5th and a knockout final.

It's not that hard to make sure clubs only play the minnows a maximum of 4 times a year total... instead of some sides getting 6 easy wins and us getting only 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only do Norf get an armchair ride with the fixtures they also get an armchair ride with the umpires.

At least Adelaide deserve to play finals, maybe not top 4 though.

Norf are imposters and don't deserve to be there, they will ruin the finals series by getting smashed in front of an empty stadium.

We nearly lost to GC. How long will it take for the nuff nuffs here to realize the draw is NEVER BLOODY FAIR.

It's geared for revenue. So when Collingwood are shit again Essendon have a two game head start...EVERY YEAR.

Check out our first four rds last year. How bloody fair is that!

Collingwood travel like what, 3 times? We play the tuggers first time this year next week..why? Afl knew we would both be fighting for the same spot. Excitement brings more people, more people = bigger audiences...and guess what that equals...MORE $$$$

But North and Adelaide play GWS (one win) twice and GC (no wins) twice, while we and most other teams play only play each of them once, can't you see there's a difference?

Getting those teams twice this season is huge considering they've only won one game between them.

you play 13 games at the MCG and 2 at Etihad. When we play 15-19 home games at AAMI each year the Vic CLubs can bitch about the draw. Until then, yes the draw is fixed, entirely in Vic Club favour. Not to mention the rules. The AFL handed out PP like candy whilst all the Vic CLubs were at the bottom and 'crisis talks' were called, now we have the AFL seemingly scrapping the rule and starting afresh when it looks like the non-Vic teams will get some.

We gave you all but an 8 goal head start and you still couldn't beat us, so wether we play the GC or GWS twice each or Richmond 5 times a year, we'd still be top 4.

Great point, which is why team such as Richmond spit their dummy so much, in past years they haev had soft draws & still managed to screw up - so welcome to the Karma bus
Richmond have had easy draws?

We've had a horror first 2 months of the season for the last 3 or 4 years.

We are 1 loss away from being 6th. I don't know about you but I would rather be playing GC, GWS and Melbourne twice instead of once like we will. 3 extra wins will be the difference between 1st and a grand final and 5th and a knockout final.

It's not that hard to make sure clubs only play the minnows a maximum of 4 times a year total... instead of some sides getting 6 easy wins and us getting only 3.

Our 'draw" is tougher than WC mate so you should be grateful.

Teams we play once include sides currently 18th, 17th, 16th, 15th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 10th, 9th and 8th.

So the premise of this thread is that the AFL knows which teams are going to b in which positions on the ladder in every round, before a ball has been kicked for the season. Riddle me this batman, how many people picked the Swans to be on top at rd 15? There are a great many excuses used on this board, the draw is possibly the worst of them

Mad Tiger Fan, when you've finished discussing this, perhaps you'd like to start planning for the Y2K bug?

Seriously, the draw was finalised nearly 12 months ago, there has been a dozen threads created on this topic already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back