PS3 Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and Everything else) - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

I don't get the Warhawk thing. You get 50% off (with the trial) or 20% off? Or is it 70% off altogether?:confused:
from what i've seen, playstation plus is absolutely useless for a guy like me who buys a SHITLOAD of psn games....which is kinda strange since i'm squarely placed in part of the target audience.

all of the good content from the store they offer i already own and the stuff they discount i either own or don't want. couldn't give a crap about the majority of demos either (also because i own the full games of the ones i'm interested in) and would only download the wallpapers/avatars because they are free. or i guess you could say because i paid for them already.

so basically if i was ever to get a subscription i'd be buying that just to save 5 bucks on a game i was going to buy anywayz when i could just do it without having paid 70 bucks already on the subscription.....waste of cash.

if they started the service at the beginning of psn i very likely might've gotten it and would probably have been better off in doing so but when you already own everything good there's no point.

so before you say anything hbk stfu, i'm not getting it. :D
BUT...:(

All I will say is (and I know I have to add my 2c and it will frustrate you more:cool:). Wait around 6-12 months and see what is being offered up then. If by that stage the offerings are still those that you have been buying in those previous months or what suits your typical buyings, then it'd actually seem more profitable to buy the membership and let all the content fill up that way. Sure, one month you might not get exactly what you want and you don't really 'own' everything, but if the content being offered up is what you would tend to buy anyway then you're saving money.

I just think that while they're offering up stuff that clearly speaks to you, down the line it's something that definitely would be saving you money...I know you don't want it and that...but still it most definitely is aimed at someone like you in the first place.

Someone like me, it's not. I buy 90% of my games at retail and have only 10 PSN games and even less that I actually bought myself. The things that offer to me really are the things other people see as just 'knife set' stuff like the Dynamic Theme's/Avatar's and DLC (as well as the early demo's and beta access obviously) but I just wouldn't have the time to play the PSN games as it is really.

blah, blah, blah

nope...i will just buy the good games i want when they come out.

i don't want to have to wait and see when it comes out so i might be able to get it at a 20% discount after having already paid 30 bucks for the opportunity to get it cheaper. (which would be more than the game itself anyway)

ps+ is lame and so are you hbn00b! (hurry up and play transformers escalation with me already you dick)

PS3 has frozen 4 times in the last two days. It froze twice whille playing Dragon Age last night but that's not unusual because that game is as buggy as hell, but it froze twice again today, once while playing infamous and again while playing Red Dead. Is that a sure sign of imminent death?

Mine does it occasionally playing Battlefield BC2 and sometimes playing FIFA online, but I've never had it happen in any other games. It does get pretty annoying though.

PS3 has frozen 4 times in the last two days. It froze twice whille playing Dragon Age last night but that's not unusual because that game is as buggy as hell, but it froze twice again today, once while playing infamous and again while playing Red Dead. Is that a sure sign of imminent death?
Mine has frozen on me a few times since the last update, on multiple games.
Not that much in a short amount of time though, unless i'm playing BC2

Mine has frozen on me a few times since the last update, on multiple games.
Not that much in a short amount of time though, unless i'm playing BC2
yeah, I've read other stories about that but I haven't connected my PS3 online for a couple of months so I don't have the new update

RDR freezes occasionally for me (but really for the amount of time playing it, very rarely). If Dragon Age is buggy and freezes a fair amount then there shouldn't be any real issue. I have had games freeze (FIFA WC in particular) and actually allow access to the XMB while doing so, sometimes you get good freezes others bad. Also the Kane & Lynch 2 demo is ridiculously bad for freezes, got to the point where I just stopped playing it because I can't stand having to turn my PS3 off like that over and over again when the demo freezes completely.

Game's freeze from time to time, wouldn't think that there's an issue with the console. Maybe test out a couple of other games (probably not open world titles as they are the most prone to bugs and glitches) and see if any issues arise.

OK, I'll try some other games tomorrow. I'm a bit scared of losing all my saves, though. I should back everything up in the meantime

OK, I'll try some other games tomorrow. I'm a bit scared of losing all my saves, though. I should back everything up in the meantime
Would be a good idea just to be safe.

RDR froze for me once

are you guys using slim or phat ps3?
Phat for me.

Always a good idea to back your saves up. Just get a regular USB stick and chuck them on that.:thumbsu:

I have a phat PS3 btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are PS3's region free?

I was hoping to buy some region 1 DVD's but I'm unsure whether I'll be able to play them.
Will only play R4 and R0 DVD's sorry.:(

Hey Brothers.

Just a quick one, where do you recommend is the best place to buy a PS3?

Harvey Norman have the best price currently ($438) Should I purchase from here, or try and get another store it price match?

Cheers !

The time and date for Insomniac's next PS3 title announcement is set in stone (new Ratchet & Clank or Resistance 3).

Source: http://thegamershub.co.uk/2010/08/date-and-time-revealed-for-insomniac-announcement/
Saturday, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM, Serpent Theatre
Insomniac Games: Behind-the-Scenes on their next PlayStation 3 Project
Insomniac Games, the development team behind the critically-acclaimed Ratchet & Clank and Resistance franchises, discuss their next PlayStation 3 project. Attendees will also have an opportunity to ask questions during a Q&A with Insomniac.”

So there you have it during PAX on September 4th at 6:30PM Pacific Insomniac will announce their ‘Next Playstation 3 Project’.

Im in the other camp coxy, Resistance 3 please.
R2 was the first game i played on my PS3 and i had some very long nights playing it :thumbsu: and loved it

Im in the other camp coxy, Resistance 3 please.
R2 was the first game i played on my PS3 and i had some very long nights playing it :thumbsu: and loved it
Yeah I'm hoping for Resistance 3.

R2 was a bit of a step back (online anyway) from the amazing online experience that was Fall of Man.

Hoping to see a return to what Fall of Man had and although I have berated it in MW2 and now Black Ops if they bring back maps from Fall of Man (to be fair there's just about some of the best maps ever in Fall of Man) I will just about jizz everywhere! SOMERSET FTW!!!:thumbsu:

The campaign has a ton of ways to go on top of the ending from R2 and New York should be an interesting setting.

Please be a new Ratchet and Clank
The voice actor of Clank (who is also the voice actor of Nathan Hale) said they're working on a new Ratchet and Clank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back