Please Take Cotchin!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, absolutely thrashed Kruezer during the U18 champs. It was disappointing to see.

I wouldn't have said that he thrashed Kreuzer mate. He did jump over the top of him a few times in the ruck, but Kreuzer was still very very good for the Vics that day. Easily their best player.

I wouldn't have said that he thrashed Kreuzer mate. He did jump over the top of him a few times in the ruck, but Kreuzer was still very very good for the Vics that day. Easily their best player.

It was a poor game all round for the Vics that day but Kruezer was the best. One of the best things about Kruezer is that no matter what he'll always give 100% effort and will run hard all game long no matter what the situation. IMO those assets are icing on the cake more than the cake itself when determining who to recruit which is why I don't rate Kruezer as highly as some, although I'll admit that my opinion doesn't really count for much. For mine Naitanui looked the far better prospect with his leap, upside (relative to his time in the game), and his mobility around the ground. Too bad the guy is so short (for a ruckman), he's around 196cm right?

It was a poor game all round for the Vics that day but Kruezer was the best. One of the best things about Kruezer is that no matter what he'll always give 100% effort and will run hard all game long no matter what the situation. IMO those assets are icing on the cake more than the cake itself when determining who to recruit which is why I don't rate Kruezer as highly as some, although I'll admit that my opinion doesn't really count for much. For mine Naitanui looked the far better prospect with his leap, upside (relative to his time in the game), and his mobility around the ground. Too bad the guy is so short (for a ruckman), he's around 196cm right?

196cm is about right, but with his leap, I wouldn't see that as a problem at AFL level. Jeff White is about the same height, and Natanui would have a much bigger vertical leap than him.

I'm very much looking forward to see how he has developed at next years carnival.

Only an idiot picks for need with pick 1 of the AFL draft.
In this case, we get both. We get a star player AND a ruckman. With Cotchin we'd only get a star player and we allready have plenty of developing midfielders.

What made him change his mind?

He still loves Cotch, but I guess it became a list management issue.

You should never pick for need with early picks but when the talent is basically a draw, then you can look at deficiencies. I have them rated fairly equal so for me it's Kreuzer because we don't have 1 bonafide ruckman on the list and I strongly believe that he will be it. We have Hampson who has loads of potential but still has plenty of learning in front of him. Aisake has the size but looks more a utility fwd/bck to me. Jacobs who I don't believe will make it and the 2 undersized ruckman in Cloke and Ackland.

I don't need to go into the mid-field as everyone knows about our new signings and our kids. Cotchin would be a fine addition to this but he is not as required as a dominant bigman is.

When comparing the 2 players people also need to remember the difference in the positions the 2 boys play. Cotchin will be a great mid-fielder but is he something that you look at most lists and say that they don't have a mid with similar gifts? I can guarantee you that not many teams have a ruckman of Kreuzers ability. What he brings to the table is rare for his position. Most ruckman are content to get there hands on the ball and then do a bit of blocking work. Kreuzer will do that but the he will run and become an option for the very next possesion and then just keep motoring on to contest after contest doing the same thing. I've never seen a ruckman who desires to tackle in the way Kreuzer does, he's a true predator with or without the ball. How many ruckman who spend about 80% of the game on the ball average 2 goals a game?

It's a can't miss pick next week and I just hope whoever WH decides on next week is looked at as our best option and that there is no bitching and moaning from anyone, as either boy would be another brilliant addition to our exciting crop of youngsters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who?

Grigg and...?

We have plenty of developing ruckman.
Gibbs, Murphy, Carrazzo, Walker. They are all still quite young and developing and combined with Judd, Stevens and Scotto, I don't think we need to pack our midfield any more where as compared to our developing Ruckman, only 2 of them to me seem like they are going to make any significant difference if any to our team, Hampson and Cloke. Add Kreuzer in with them and we've got an excellent Ruck rotation going on.

Nicholas Naitanui. Absolute freak from the West.

Correct, but because he's such a freak he, at this VERY early stage, is likely to go top 3. We won't be getting a top 3 pick next year. Hopefully we won't see a pick before 6 or 7.:thumbsu:

What are Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson and Walker, chop liver ?

They are already full fleged members of the team. Who are we developing to grow into a midfield role? We have Grigg, possibly Anderson, and....?

We've go three rucks developing for a ruck role and two, maybe three, midfielders developing. You need 14-16 midfielders. You need two ruckman. You do the math and come back to me with an answer as to why our list is so unbalanced.

Speculation. We're having a meeting about the draft, the media has been declaring Kruezer the definate number 1 pick for months therefore we must be confirming Kruezer right?

If Hughes goes around telling HS media hacks who we're drafting before the draft I'll eat my shoes.
Like anything, there's leaks. And they certainly can leak from Carlton! The media usually find out these things in advance and when they "declare" something they're pretty right most times. I'd imagine we'd made up our minds a while ago so the selection won't be any surprise. Not as if we'd leave that decision to the last week. It's not as if we have a great need to hide it anyway. We have the no.1 pick so it doesn't really matter who knows. Depends on the agenda too.

They are already full fleged members of the team. Who are we developing to grow into a midfield role? We have Grigg, possibly Anderson, and....?

We've go three rucks developing for a ruck role and two, maybe three, midfielders developing. You need 14-16 midfielders. You need two ruckman. You do the math and come back to me with an answer as to why our list is so unbalanced.

14-16 midfielders! Are we to field a team of short people next year.

You are still developing players in the seniors even if they play week in week out. We need 2 ruckmen yep, who are our gun, can't miss, bluechip ruckmen?

Kreuzer will be a blue. we got enough midfielders to be honest and if we wanted Cotchins so bad why did we get Judd. Kreuzer is a nessessity at the club.

Have to disagree. IMHO a midfield rotation next year of Judd, Stevens, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Walker, Carrazzo, Bentick, Hadley, Russell, Blackwell, Grigg, Scotland, Houlihan, Jackson and even Betts can ply short stints in the midfield as opposed to Ackland ( gap filler ), Hampson ( still raw, likely to make it but not 100%), Cloke ( another shoulder reco from career over plus immobile around the ground), Aisake ( hasn't even played a game yet but some people on here already have him as a gun ruck:(), plus Jacobs ( unlikely to make it).
That's 16 who could easily rotate through the midfield against 5 ruckmen who at present who are projects and nothing more at this stage.
There is no guarantee any of those rucks will definately make it.
Now if Kruezer and Cotchin are rated on par ( even though Kruezer won the Morrish medal plus his B&F for the knights, then it's simple:
Selection 1 Carlton, player 114064 Matthew Kruezer.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Please Take Cotchin!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back