Phantom Draft PMBangers 2019 Draft Thread - 2020 Rankings included

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a massive fan of our picks. If Taylor is there at our second pick we take him straight away. There is many of us who are keen on him at our first. Taheny I don't object to as much.

Not a massive fan of our picks. If Taylor is there at our second pick we take him straight away. There is many of us who are keen on him at our first. Taheny I don't object to as much.
Who would you have taken instead? Can't really see any glaring holes in the dogs list atm

Who would you have taken instead? Can't really see any glaring holes in the dogs list atm
Our biggest need is small pressure forwards. Taheny would be the position we require I just rate other guys higher, like Taylor for example would like weightman aswell. We also need a wingman with good foot skills and a bit of speed. Alot on our forum would like a key defender to develop but I'd prefer to find a more mature ready to go defender

I notice you have us taking Stephens which seems like a good fit for us. I am also interested in Serong and Flanders, especially with their forward capacity. Anyway, would love your thoughts on those 3 and how you would contrast their potential impact for us.

I notice you have us taking Stephens which seems like a good fit for us. I am also interested in Serong and Flanders, especially with their forward capacity. Anyway, would love your thoughts on those 3 and how you would contrast their potential impact for us.
I'm a big fan of Stephens and think he's a pretty complete midfielder, he'll be able to make an impact on a Forward flank, wing and middle which makes him desirable considering you guys have so many young mids. At worst I see him projecting as a similar player to Isaac Smith

I'm on record as saying I dislike having sub 180cm players on an AFL lost but think Serongs attack on the footy and then composure with it is great, I'm not too familiar with Freos list but I'm not sure how much of a need he is as he's similar to Cerra (imo) in the middle

I have my doubts over Flanders fitness as it hasn't shown any significant improvement since the champs last year, so he may end up.a permanent forward, but his power and ability to read the play give him a good edge in 1 on 1's

August rankings, once again not much major movement. I don't tend to rank overage prospects but Hanrahan has been catching my eye and I could see him going as the first overager this year. Would consider after pick 25-30 range

Looks good Bang.

Some best available, some needs based.

Kemp an interesting one come draft day but post JPK is a great option.

From a purely selfish point of view i’d be pleased with Trent Rivers to WC. Think it ticks off that need for a first possession mid, being a WA boy is handy also.

Worrell also, doesn’t strike me as a Geelong pick but I think he fits a need as well.

Pre-trade period phantom, going off the assumption that Gold Coast will get the PP. Bit of change from my last one after looking at a few other phantoms going around and getting a bit of a better idea of the consensus ranking of players I've found difficult to place
View attachment 753983
Great first two picks for Brisbane, good talent for the position and also filling two big needs on our list. I don't know anything about Harrison Jones but I'll take another tall forward prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edited in my first and second rounds of the phantom in the second and third post respectively
Would love to see Gould slide that far to us although I do like Rivers who you had going at the next selection. I'd take Bergman who was still available over Taheny with our 2nd rounder though.

Pick 21 - Will Day - Richmond
187 cm 70 kg
Reason:
The only position that I think Richmond don't have multiple young prospects in is Half Back and Day fills that role perfvectly, with the added benefit of having played in the midfield, he kicks with both feet and reads the ball well in flight
Also Considered: Sam De Koning, Cooper Stephens
Phantom Draft Round 2

Pick 39 - Fraser Phillips - Richmond
186 cm 71 kg
Reason:
One that needs to find some consistency but could be a big reward if he manages that, and Richmond are in the position to take the risk.

Pick 40 - Dyson Hilder - Richmond
196 cm 91 kg
Reason:
Worked well with Karl Finlay during the champs and projects as a traditional key defender with a good height and starting weight. adds a developing Key Defender to richmonds list
Also considered: Noah Cumberland, Darcy Cassar, Cooper Sharman

Firstly thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together. Really appreciate the work that goes into it.

Just on the picks you've given Richmond

Regarding young HB options we have the following players in the VFL side who could all play through HB:

Menadue 23 years old - subject to remaining at club
Eggmolesse-Smith 21 years old
Naish 20 years old
Turner 18 years old

So with that first pick I'd rather them take De Koning. If we could land him and then snare Hilder at 39 we then have Balta Garthwaite De Koning & Hilder to develop as the long term replacements for Astbury Rance & Grimes.

We could then add Darcy Cassar at 40 giving us that extra HB option and I like the look of Sam Philp with pick 42, would that be too high for him as I believe we need to add another young inside mid to develop with Graham Ross & RCD

Firstly thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together. Really appreciate the work that goes into it.

Just on the picks you've given Richmond

Regarding young HB options we have the following players in the VFL side who could all play through HB:

Menadue 23 years old - subject to remaining at club
Eggmolesse-Smith 21 years old
Naish 20 years old
Turner 18 years old

So with that first pick I'd rather them take De Koning. If we could land him and then snare Hilder at 39 we then have Balta Garthwaite De Koning & Hilder to develop as the long term replacements for Astbury Rance & Grimes.

We could then add Darcy Cassar at 40 giving us that extra HB option and I like the look of Sam Philp with pick 42, would that be too high for him as I believe we need to add another young inside mid to develop with Graham Ross & RCD
Thanks mate!

I see Naish and Turner as wingers long term, along with Menadue and didn't realise they were being played as defenders at VFL level. Despite this I still rate Day's midfield potential highly, dual sided players are rare and Day is one of the best I've seen at this age

Thanks mate!

I see Naish and Turner as wingers long term, along with Menadue and didn't realise they were being played as defenders at VFL level. Despite this I still rate Day's midfield potential highly, dual sided players are rare and Day is one of the best I've seen at this age
Thanks for the reply.

Thoughts on Sam Philp if you don't mind.

Thanks for the reply.

Thoughts on Sam Philp if you don't mind.
I like him, solid midfielder who's steadily improved throughout the year. I'd love to see him use his speed more at the next level

I'm not sure Freo fans would agree with your assessment of their ruck stocks, from what I remember reading they really liked Sean Darcy.

For Brisbane I don't want Taheny, way too inconsistent for my liking. I do like us prioritising a medium defender and tall forward though.

I'm not sure Freo fans would agree with your assessment of their ruck stocks, from what I remember reading they really liked Sean Darcy.

For Brisbane I don't want Taheny, way too inconsistent for my liking. I do like us prioritising a medium defender and tall forward though.

Very Happy with Darcy, He'll be a gun if he can string a couple injury free pre-seasons/seasons together.

I disagree with the Robertson/Jackson picks for 7+10, though like PMbangers mentioned himself, he isn't familiar with the Freo list

I’ll echo the previous Brisbane posters.

Gould at our first pick is pretty much a dream result.

But Taheny at our second pick. Nooooo!

I can (figuratively) guarantee it will be either Bergman or Cooper Stephens.

And I believe we’ll go a mid with our third pick as well, with Rantall an obvious choice. He’s almost a Mitch Robinson clone (without the agro) and would be asked to play the same role.

We also have a project tall forward on our Cat B rookie list. He was a Lions academy member and U16 AA, before switching to basketball, but switched back to football after one year playing NBL.

We’re pretty sorted for young talls in our reserves.

Our 4th and probably last pick should be Keidean Coleman from our academy. David Noble has indicated we’ll probably pick up one academy kid in the draft, and Coleman slots into our small forward line up.

Our 4th and probably last pick should be Keidean Coleman from our academy. David Noble has indicated we’ll probably pick up one academy kid in the draft, and Coleman slots into our small forward line up.
Cumberland and Martyn not likely to matched then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back