Toast Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha. Awesome work TMS.

Gee there are some train wrecks in that thread.

hehe, I remember NOT commenting on that thread specifically because I suspected Podsiadly would be playing regularly, but not wanting to start another argument with the Geelong board about why they were stupid for not wanting him to play.

Would we had ever believed it possible, the creation of Geelong legend inside 10 games, I find it hard to believe, but that's what he's now become.

Hi im new here, im a doggies fan and im spewing that he was overlooked by us when we needed a key forward. I watched this guy all the time for werribee and he was a gun and i could tell even him playing VFL that he was one of the best if not the best contested marker in the country. I love this guy, he is my fav player by far and i love geelong for giving him a go, congrats to bomber thompson and geelong club.

the scary thing is that he hasnt played his best footy yet, watching him all those years when he gets use to AFL he will tear a team apart and kick 10+

I think that the whole jPod saga is, like the player himself, starting to build up an awesome momentum. I got the impression from the Bombers' game that he is set to explode in the second half of the season and make all the previous nay-sayers - including a whole bunch on that previous thread in this forum :D - look somewhat embarressingly silly.

His is the one bandwagon that transcends the usual boundaries of club loyalty, and it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Did anyone else here Grant Thomas call him the G-Pod on Footy Classified. Had a laugh, nearly as bad as K-Rock calling him the the I-POD.

Looking at the old thread these people voted that he would never play a game.

0 - not a even close
Cat in the West, Hoops, iamjason, Partridge, Prissa2Hurley, Ricketts, sozza5, stevie20

I wasnt much better, I said "He is an insurance policy for Hawkins and Mooney only. He will play when they are injured or rested. Will probably play around 5 games."

st kilda defence will struggle to deal with the pods, mooney, stevie j, ablett and chappy

player marks contested marks

Sam Gilbert 104 15
Jason Blake 94 10
Brendon Goddard 81 23
Steven Baker 78 1
Sam Fisher 73 9

58 contested
13% of marks contested

pods already has 35 in 9 games
mooney 19
stevie j 10

st kilda rely on extra numbers and hold opponents down while the 3rd man comes in, but if geelong are quick and direct the forwards should eat the saints defence

Old application back in use

Old application comes good - the JPod

Just plug into your forward line for a guaranteed 5 Gs.
Previously overlooked for newer applications, the JPod is the hottest new app in town.

Goes well with the Supercoach and Dreamteam applications too.

Even though he destroyed us.... for some reason... I still think he is a legend.

He has that affect on people. I think everyone appreciates the value of learning that it's never too late and you're never too old, if you work hard enough, and are humble enough to learn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As they say, hindsight is 20/20 - but there's some cringes, giggles and scarily accurate statements to be found in this thread from March. ;)

Ha...yeah, good laugh. At least we all have more support for Pods playing senior footy now.

st kilda defence will struggle to deal with the pods, mooney, stevie j, ablett and chappy

player marks contested marks

Sam Gilbert 104 15
Jason Blake 94 10
Brendon Goddard 81 23
Steven Baker 78 1
Sam Fisher 73 9

58 contested
13% of marks contested

pods already has 35 in 9 games
mooney 19
stevie j 10

st kilda rely on extra numbers and hold opponents down while the 3rd man comes in, but if geelong are quick and direct the forwards should eat the saints defence

first instance ever of a username paying tribute to a player not from the club supported?!?

the power of pods...

RE: contract stuff, I thought it had been well documented that JPod is working on a 2 or 3 year deal with us? He is on the record as saying he has no interest in leaving Geelong and he plans to resume full time
work in the fitness department when he retires.

JPOD is a Cat and a a Cat for life. No chance of him leaving, don't stress.

When he was asked about Gold Coast on 3AW, he as good as said he'd finish his career here.

Ain't it weird? Retirement talk after 9 games?

Yeah it is. Though to be fair, other people ask him, it's not like it's his idea to talk about it.

I don't mind him talking about his retirement so long as it doesn't happen til 2014 though ;)

He will go on the main list, and will get a bit of a pay rise too (only fair).

Honestly elevating Pods with our last pick in this year's draft, it's an absolute no brainer!

Pure , I wonder if it is? It was probably anticipated that this draft would be thin and the picks we would have would be very late. Tactically , we decided to load up on Rookies. We now seem to have a lot of potential talent as Rookies , their are some kids that we would be very happy to have long term on our list , Varcoe2 for eg. Now along comes Pods and he really must be available for any game next year but it sort of puts a spanner in the works because we don't wont to lose talent that we want to keep.

Perhaps , it may just get down to injures. If someone has a bad one from now on (like 12 month type thing) they may just give him the pay rise but leave him on the Rookie list another year

Pure , I wonder if it is? It was probably anticipated that this draft would be thin and the picks we would have would be very late. Tactically , we decided to load up on Rookies. We now seem to have a lot of potential talent as Rookies , their are some kids that we would be very happy to have long term on our list , Varcoe2 for eg. Now along comes Pods and he really must be available for any game next year but it sort of puts a spanner in the works because we don't wont to lose talent that we want to keep.

Perhaps , it may just get down to injures. If someone has a bad one from now on (like 12 month type thing) they may just give him the pay rise but leave him on the Rookie list another year

If he is on the Rookie list he will be getting paid the Rookie salary and anyone can sign him to there main list can't they ala Mumford last year a player we pulled from nowhere everyone thought would remain loyal because of the fact we found him and gave a chance to play AFL?

What the?

Of course it's a no brainer.
He is in the best 22. This 'potential' you mention isn't, and may well never be.

If he is on the Rookie list he will be getting paid the Rookie salary and anyone can sign him to there main list can't they ala Mumford last year a player we pulled from nowhere everyone thought would remain loyal because of the fact we found him and gave a chance to play AFL?

Balmey wants to pay him an amount more in keeping with his worth , he basically stated that he wanted to talk to the AFL about it. As far as other teams go's I don't think thats an issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back