Polak, Tarrant, Pick 8, Pick 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Punt_Road_Roar said:
Exactly, and I think without any doubt we will be keeping pick 8.

People can say that there is only a five place difference between pick 8 and 13 but even blind freddy can see that there is a talent dropoff after picks 3 or 4 and again at picks 8 or 9.

Murray said:
So as per usual you just make it up as you go along.
Well at least you are consistant

I made it up....:rolleyes: I suppose when people get desparate you gotta cut them some slack. Murray, are you suggesting that Greg Swan didn't tell 15 football managers today that as a bare minimum we want a 1st Round Pick for Tarrant? For everyone's benefit, Murray doesn't want to trade Tarrant, and for the last week has been belittling everyone who tries to suggest that he'll be traded. Now, with the tanks rolling into Baghdad, he's still trying to tell everyone that it's not going to happen. All I can say is that I can't wait til 2pm Friday.

Seems like Freo are the big losers and Richmond the big winners. Pick 8 should get you a consistantly better player than Tarrant in this draft, unless Tarrant can go back 5 years.

Polak is would be worth a first in most years, probably not this year though. So Richmond do well considering that the depth in this draft should dictate their being little differnece between 8 and 13, given sensible drafting and given that Richmond are the team that took Tambling ahead of Franklin, thats no given, but it should be a great deal for them. Tarrant isnt worth a first and Polak, thats for sure but Freo have made considerably worse trades in the past.

Tigers get duded. Drop 5 picks in a super draft and pick up a dud in the process. Can't see any chance of this happening. i hope not anyway.

you idiot sheehan said:
I made it up....:rolleyes: I suppose when people get desparate you gotta cut them some slack. Murray, are you suggesting that Greg Swan didn't tell 15 football managers today that as a bare minimum we want a 1st Round Pick for Tarrant? For everyone's benefit, Murray doesn't want to trade Tarrant, and for the last week has been belittling everyone who tries to suggest that he'll be traded. Now, with the tanks rolling into Baghdad, he's still trying to tell everyone that it's not going to happen. All I can say is that I can't wait til 2pm Friday.

Swoosh

Murray said:
When?

What did he exactly say?

My apologies. It was Greg Denham in The Australian, not Swann, who suggested that:

"Both the Eagles and the Dockers have been made aware by the Magpies that the deal would have to involve giving Collingwood their first-round selection in the national draft as well as a young midfielder."

If the Tarrent deal does go ahead with Freo and Richmond, what player would we accept from Richmond to sweeten the deal cos pick 8 is not enough here, and i cant see freo giving up pick 8 and one of their players...Could JCloke be tossed in to upgrade the quality of player we get from Richmond as Terry has expressed interest? they will attempt to give us rubbish ie, Rodan but who could Collingwood nab? Keep in mind Richmond supports you currently have no back line, polak will not solve your problems. Also Collingwood holds all the cards here, we are more than happy to keep him sniffing around in our forward line...

Palmer Stoat said:
My apologies. It was Greg Denham in The Australian, not Swann, who suggested that:

"Both the Eagles and the Dockers have been made aware by the Magpies that the deal would have to involve giving Collingwood their first-round selection in the national draft as well as a young midfielder."
OK thanks for that :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wizard_9 said:
Fu*k Tarrant.

Would like him but if he is going to cost us that much i'm not interested.

Yeah, I think that's the most likely outcome. We'll only accept a Godfather offer. And no one will quite come to the party.

Slacker said:
Yep, if this Tarrant trade is to occur I'd say Freo and Collingwood would be better off dealing directly IMO.

Could not agree with you more Slacker. Tigers think Freo will give in as they may be desperate but not on

ImperialPurple said:
Collingwood: Tarrant for first rounder + another player (fair)

Depends who the player is. Quite frankly I cant think of anybody that I'd like from Richmond that they'd be prepared to give up. Their list is made up either of talented untouchable young kids, players who are over the hill, or duds/run of the mill players.

Pick 8 this year should get you a very good player, I wouldn't want to part with it. Should still get a good player with 13 but there are some very good players that will be available at #8...

Rodgerramjet said:
Chris Tarrant is not worth pick 8. Tarrant is an overated dud with an attitude of iresponsibility. He is worth a third round draft pick at best.

Agree RR. Tarrant is a soft overrated HFF. If he was any good the Pies would not be getting rid of him. The Pies would be massive winners while Freo and Richmond lose. Polak flies high and burns up the grass. Too bad it isn't playing footy ;).

Remove this Banner Ad

Polak, Tarrant, Pick 8, Pick 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back