News Police, politicians and AFL bosses round on Brendan Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're going to jump ship that quickly maybe your group shouldn't be members to start with...

Mate i've been a member through the dark times and the good times, the media and court of public opinion is taking over football and i've had enough of it, should our club not have the balls to say "this is not as big a deal as it is made out to be, he's going nowhere, we're going to help him not hang him out to dry because he is a legend of our club" then i want nothing more to do with the Carlton Football Club.

This is exactly what the media wants a bloodbath!

Mate i've been a member through the dark times and the good times, the media and court of public opinion is taking over football and i've had enough of it, should our club not have the balls to say "this is not as big a deal as it is made out to be, he's going nowhere, we're going to help him not hang him out to dry because he is a legend of our club" then i want nothing more to do with the Carlton Football Club.

How about the club is bigger than a player?

Bowing down to pressure? He's gotten away with this for a long time, they haven't bent over for anyone.

They might actually be correct

Yeah but that's how football is these days, I don't like the media either but you have to recognize that they are everywhere and will always be so. Fev has had enough chances, how much more can we put up with?

Whatever the decision I'll stand by my club till the day I die. No individual is bigger than the club.

What happens in his public life should be no one else's business. He gets paid to play football, that's his job. On this occasion he was representing the CFC so he got fined. But when he is on holiday he can do WTF he wants. He is allowed to have a life outside of football.

If i acted like that at a work function representing where i work with my manager you think i would still have a job? You think if i was in a all in brawl at a night club and i go to court for it its my life and its not my employers business?

IMO fev will stay because the guy can play, and that is the reason didak and heath stayed (even though they should have gone). Football clubs have no balls anymore to make tough decisions and it is based on supply and demand. Not enough good players to cover those postions on the field and Fev is the best full forward and a club suspension of 5 weeks should do it, on the basis of his previous record.

any new team board that takes on fevola will have the same problem as ours... that is, the same people that say carlton should get rid of fev, will view the new team as willing to sell out on 'acceptable team culture' for premierships. they will also need to be seen to publically and practically take a firmer stand should the need arise, which is something people wouldn't want to do when paying out their nose for a player. it's no good just assuming he can be ironed out.

If i acted like that at a work function representing where i work with my manager you think i would still have a job? You think if i was in a all in brawl at a night club and i go to court for it its my life and its not my employers business?

IMO fev will stay because the guy can play, and that is the reason didak and heath stayed (even though they should have gone). Football clubs have no balls anymore to make tough decisions and it is based on supply and demand. Not enough good players to cover those postions on the field and Fev is the best full forward and a club suspension of 5 weeks should do it, on the basis of his previous record.

Yep. Larry Angwin/Karl Norman Board.

The ACB sacked Roy for having a couple of quiet ones watching the boys play on TV. How's the Aus team doing without him? Still the unstoppable force they were with him, or are they slipping back to the field?

Learn to handle him. Hire a frigging babysitter or something if you're worried about how he represents the club. Sacking or trading the best forward in the comp because he has a few too many is just beyond stupid. All that does is show that you can't handle a situation when it presents itself.

The ACB sacked Roy for having a couple of quiet ones watching the boys play on TV. How's the Aus team doing without him? Still the unstoppable force they were with him, or are they slipping back to the field?

Learn to handle him. Hire a frigging babysitter or something if you're worried about how he represents the club. Sacking or trading the best forward in the comp because he has a few too many is just beyond stupid. All that does is show that you can't handle a situation when it presents itself.
Roy was a fringe player at best and past his best. He was not the best batsman or bowler or anything. Fev won the Coleman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roy was a fringe player at best and past his best. He was not the best batsman or bowler or anything. Fev won the Coleman.
Beside the point. You don't get rid of integral parts of your team. You may as well chop off your nose to spite your face.

Just accept the guy goes bananas when on the piss and do something about it. Whatever works that doesn't involve losing a key player. Pretty fn simple solution.

Beside the point. You don't get rid of integral parts of your team. You may as well chop off your nose to spite your face.

Just accept the guy goes bananas when on the piss and do something about it. Whatever works that doesn't involve losing a key player. Pretty fn simple solution.
What is beside the point. If Roy was around then or now he most probably would not make the 11. Do you think he would have won us the ashes? No way!
Fev on the other hand won a Coleman but that does not make him irreplaceable
Man I have forgotten what we are debating anyway!

Symonds was never an integral part of the Test team.

Certainly he was in relation to the one-day side, and we just beat the Poms 6-1 in the one-dayers without him.

No, they sacked him because he broke team rules. Completely different thing.

the thing with Roy we can compare is Punter/Pup were never going to kiss and make up with Roy. If it is the same with Fev and Judd the writing is on the wall

Fev has proved time and time again he doesn't care about Carlton, can't believe some are still wanting to give him more chances.

the thing with Roy we can compare is Punter/Pup were never going to kiss and make up with Roy. If it is the same with Fev and Judd the writing is on the wall

Just because 2 players dont get along shoudn't be any reason to get rid of one of them. Look at Adelaide, Edwards and McLeod haven't spoken in years, infact they despise each other. Yet they still play good footy. A lot of people have said the club is bigger then the individual, and so it is. Therefore we should not let the best FF in the comp go because he doesn't get along with our captain. It doesnt even matter if the entire team doesn't talk to him tell them to get over it. They dont have to be best friends off the park, $hit they dont even have to talk. As long as they play good footy who cares.

there are things about the relationship between pup/roy that arnt made public !!

ill give you a hint.........................what has fev,pup & roy have in common.

where the bloody hell are ya

there are things about the relationship between pup/roy that arnt made public !!

ill give you a hint.........................what has fev,pup & roy have in common.

where the bloody hell are ya
They could all have been fantastic for the NRL had they gone that way correct.

this is a football forum right?........not what happens after the game forum talk about fevs footy not what he does on the off season .sheesh the Wayne Carey thing all over again this is football i don't care if he got drunk or if he ask a girl to do what ever. he was fined 10,000 didn't attend the grand final and also didn't attend the clubs best and fairest night. give him a break .............

just because 2 players dont get along shoudn't be any reason to get rid of one of them. Look at adelaide, edwards and mcleod haven't spoken in years, infact they despise each other. Yet they still play good footy. A lot of people have said the club is bigger then the individual, and so it is. Therefore we should not let the best ff in the comp go because he doesn't get along with our captain. It doesnt even matter if the entire team doesn't talk to him tell them to get over it. they dont have to be best friends off the park, $hit they dont even have to talk. As long as they play good footy who cares.
sounds too much like being married

Remove this Banner Ad

News Police, politicians and AFL bosses round on Brendan Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back