Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 62 18.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Billings

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Kolodjashnij

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Aish

Votes: 74 22.6%
  • Scharenberg

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • McDonald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freeman

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Sheed

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Salem

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Crouch

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • McCarthy

• Gardiner

• Taylor

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Acres

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Hartung

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Dunstan

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Battersby

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other player not mentioned in poll

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

this could turn into a witch-hunt!:eek:

salem.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tristan Foenander of Crocmedia has us taking Scharenberg at 6 and Bontempelli at 10.

Where do we sign..? This would be a dream draft scenario IMO.
Yeah, I'm actually worried for my furniture, walls, and home entertainment system if that were to play out.

Oh, are they still doing that...? That is ridiculous.

They scrapped it last year. They're not doing it anymore - They just take their time with the first ten selections, show a highlights package and do a short interview with the kid.

That was all they ever really wanted, but Andrew Demetriou thought that you had to count down from 10 to 1 to be able to interview the #1 pick because he's an idiot.

They scrapped it last year. They're not doing it anymore - They just take their time with the first ten selections, show a highlights package and do a short interview with the kid.

That was all they ever really wanted, but Andrew Demetriou thought that you had to count down from 10 to 1 to be able to interview the #1 pick because he's an idiot.

Yeah, that's what I thought. That is obviously the better way to do it.

Do they televise it?

I think there are 5 very high level footballers in this draft that are just a class above the next rung: Boyd, Aish, Billings, Kelly, Scharenburg. These guys have all the assets and are very rounded footballers and if I was ignoring club needs/preference they would happily be my top 5. I am ignoring McDonald in all of this who is close to being in this bracket.

There is a another raft after them of KK, Lennon, Bontempelli, Sheed, Crouch, Acres, Freeman who all are fairly even & justifiable picks in their own right 6-12.

Scenario 1: I think KK is the one that is jumping the order if GC take him at 5. He is an exciting talent no doubt but I prefer the first 5 I listed. If GC does take him I think this gifts us a first class player, just a matter of which. We would be mad to ignore them. Given Boyd is cemented #1 and Kelly is attractive to GWS,WB & StK the one that may land with us will be Billings/Scharenburg/Aish. If any of those land with us I will be completely content, just need GC to follow through.

The pick 10 then becomes a matter of who is left. If it is Scharenburg we get I would prefer we look at Freeman/Sheed/Acres/Crouch. If Billing/Aish are taken I would prefer we look at Lennon/Bontempelli.

Scenario 2: If the first 5 are all gone & GC surpirses us I think this changes the game a little. I am not sure we would go Kolo. It would bring Bontempelli & Lennon into the mix earlier and we could land our choice of Freeman/Sheed/Acres/Crouch at 10.

For me scenario 1 would be ideal, landing any of Billings/Aish/Scharenburg will make this trade/draft period a massive success. Scenario 2 is still OK but all those players available bring some question marks & risks with them that the first 5 do not.

I think there are 5 very high level footballers in this draft that are just a class above the next rung: Boyd, Aish, Billings, Kelly, Scharenburg. These guys have all the assets and are very rounded footballers and if I was ignoring club needs/preference they would happily be my top 5. I am ignoring McDonald in all of this who is close to being in this bracket.

There is a another raft after them of KK, Lennon, Bontempelli, Sheed, Crouch, Acres, Freeman who all are fairly even & justifiable picks in their own right 6-12.

Scenario 1: I think KK is the one that is jumping the order if GC take him at 5. He is an exciting talent no doubt but I prefer the first 5 I listed. If GC does take him I think this gifts us a first class player, just a matter of which. We would be mad to ignore them. Given Boyd is cemented #1 and Kelly is attractive to GWS,WB & StK the one that may land with us will be Billings/Scharenburg/Aish. If any of those land with us I will be completely content, just need GC to follow through.

The pick 10 then becomes a matter of who is left. If it is Scharenburg we get I would prefer we look at Freeman/Sheed/Acres/Crouch. If Billing/Aish are taken I would prefer we look at Lennon/Bontempelli.

Scenario 2: If the first 5 are all gone & GC surpirses us I think this changes the game a little. I am not sure we would go Kolo. It would bring Bontempelli & Lennon into the mix earlier and we could land our choice of Freeman/Sheed/Acres/Crouch at 10.

For me scenario 1 would be ideal, landing any of Billings/Aish/Scharenburg will make this trade/draft period a massive success. Scenario 2 is still OK but all those players available bring some question marks & risks with them that the first 5 do not.

I think that's a relatively sound assessment of the scenario before any "inside whispers" start to fly around.

There's still a chance that Bontempelli could push up the order and go ahead of our pick, and guys like Lennon, Freeman and Salem have the potential to enamour teams with their elite attributes too - You can never be TOO certain of how these things will shake down. Remember that last year it wasn't until a day or two before the draft that we found out what GWS' Top 3 was actually going to be.

Nice review. Personally I think Scharenburg will go as high as pick 2 to GWS. Just think he would be a great fit for their list. The big slider for me will be Billings who I think we will take at 6. Given the preferences of the other clubs, Kelly / Aish / KK will be gone by pick 6, and think Billings is best available following this lot.

That means unfortunately Bontempelli (pick 7) will be gone, as will Lennon (pick 9). So for me we will take Freeman at pick 10.

But I'm sure no one at Collingwoood will take any notice of what I think :p

Gotta say I like the sound of Scenario 1 there, almost too good to be true TBH. But then, I was fist pumping last ND so no reason for us not to be quietly hopefull.

Can't believe we've gotta wait another three weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Back