Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 62 18.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Billings

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Kolodjashnij

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Aish

Votes: 74 22.6%
  • Scharenberg

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • McDonald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freeman

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Sheed

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Salem

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Crouch

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • McCarthy

• Gardiner

• Taylor

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Acres

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Hartung

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Dunstan

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Battersby

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other player not mentioned in poll

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Billings, I don't see him as a certainty to make it as a full time midfielder. He has nice skills, does important things, and doesn't go missing, but he is almost certain to start as a forward pocket, and I don't want to see pick 6 used on what will essentially be a forward pocket, especially when he displays many of the same traits that we already have with Jamie Elliott.

I see Billings going maybe to Richmond with 12, Carlton with 13, or Sydney with 15.

For some reason, I don't see him at Port Adelaide. Plenty of smalls there already. Richmond are delisting Nahas, Shane Edwards spends more time on the ball these days, Petterd is a swingman. There's a gap there.

Carlton = replacement for Betts.

Sydney, Jetta and Rohan are wanted further up the ground, McGlynn is there but getting on, Morton is retired, while Lamb and B.Jack are selection yo-yo's at the moment.

If we can get Aish at 6 and Bontempelli at 10... as well as Adams in a straight swap for Shaw... boy oh boy wowee. That's my number 1 outcome (although probably unlikely that they'll each survive until those picks).

Bontempelli looks super.

Lovely left foot and a terrific size. He looks like Pendles 2.0.

Not sure Aish will slip as far as 6 but if he did, we'd have a decision to make.

Overall footskills need to be a premium with our 2 picks.

Judging by the poll so far there is a clear top 3 add Boyd and it's a clear top 4 picks. Why do we want to upgrade to pick 6 again?

What's with the negativity toward pick 6? We've upgraded from pick 11 to 6 and in doing so only lost late picks we weren't even going to use...

Anything other than a positive reaction to this trade is astounding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with the negativity toward pick 6? We've upgraded from pick 11 to 6 and in doing so only lost late picks we weren't even going to use...

Are you really that surprised that this particular poster is negative about something :p

Just pointing out its only 2 draft spots we are actually moving up and the draft looks pretty even from 6-11

Stuffed if I know who we should pick. I can guess, but I'll back Hine and Rendell to get the job done.

I guess Aish if he's available? If he's gone then hopefully Bontempelli... He just looks special and has that extra bit of height. I'd like McCarthy with the second pick.

That being said, give me a week to two of YouTube clips and the like and I'll probably have strong, baseless expectations that bear no similarity to what actually happens. For example the media were all tipping us to pick up Swift. We took Rusty and found a beauty at 29 in Beams. The deal with West Coast suggests that they know who they want and are looking to eliminate the odds that they'll be gone by 10 or 11.

Just pointing out its only 2 draft spots we are actually moving up
This is quite obviously wrong, so I don't know why you'd keep peddling this line. You could argue it's four, because North's pick is allocated already, but two is nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Back