Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 62 18.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Billings

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Kolodjashnij

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Aish

Votes: 74 22.6%
  • Scharenberg

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • McDonald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freeman

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Sheed

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Salem

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Crouch

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • McCarthy

• Gardiner

• Taylor

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Acres

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Hartung

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Dunstan

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Battersby

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other player not mentioned in poll

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This "agreement" business sounds dodgy to me too. Not discounting it but it seems like speculation at this point. The problem with it that I see is that we don't know how the other picks will go, so if we miss out on 2 or 3 of our top prospects and Sheed suddenly becomes the obvious choice at 10, we've either handicapped ourselves or we "betray" West Coast. I suppose it's a possibility only if Hine doesn't rate Sheed at all, or has ruled him out entirely for some other reason.

Exactly, which I why I believe it's more likely that we have said something like "we rate players A,B,C,D,E and F above player X". Then West Coast look at the draft and go "Yep I think you will get two of those from picks 6 and 10, therefore we are willing to take the risk and give you pick 6 for 11+". This way we aren't betraying WC if players A,B,C,D,E and F are all gone by pick 10 and we take player X. Our list managers aren't stupid, the risk lies with West Coast not us, they downgraded therefore they increased their risk.

10 isn't moving and never was.
We are moving from 11 to 6.
6 replaces West Coast thats 1.
7 is Brisbane thats 2.
8 is locked with North Melbourne regardless.
9 is Melbourne thats 3.
10 is US again.
We are moving up 3 live selections.

Mumma mia. We can't pick the same player twice. Pick 10 and 11 are not the same pick.

It's likely that the player we select at 10 doesn't change, but that we'll be jumping up our rankings by 4 spots - our pick, Brisbane's pick, Melbourne's pick and WCE's pick.

10 isn't moving and never was.
We are moving from 11 to 6.
6 replaces West Coast thats 1.
7 is Brisbane thats 2.
8 is locked with North Melbourne regardless.
9 is Melbourne thats 3.
10 is US again.
We are moving up 3 live selections.
Both our picks are moving in front of WCE. So it's 4.

He is right, by your logic pick 6 only moves up 3 places because pick 10 is ours already and North have a FS. If you are going to apply this logic it needs to be applied to both 6 and 10, not just what suits your negative view of the world. Therefore using the same logic, pick 10 moves up one place because pick 6 is now ours too.

Whether West Coast or Collingwood had pick 6 pick 10 is still the 10th best player in the draft..

If you'd like to use this logic then pick 6 is still the 6th (maybe 7th considering Norths FS) best player in the draft and we move up 5 (or 4 Norths FS) spots in the draft.

You can't have your negative cake and eat it too TG...

I'm very confused reading these posts, as I thought it was a simple question/poll. I have no idea who we should take at six, but I'm ecstatic we have such a high a draft pick. Is there a kid in the draft who could be our Nat Fyfe? If so, I want us to pick him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got two goddam picks in the top 10. We haven't had that since we snared daisy and pendles. Why all the negativity. We even got Jesse White as a set of steak knives and if things go plan we pick up Adams, a high draft pick whose had two years in the system.

In Hine we trust!

Almost, got Reid and Brown in 2008.

I think the biggest question is what type of player we draft, do we go for MaCarthy and a mid or do we go for 2 mids?

This could be the last time we have high picks to play with for a long time, IMO if we get Adams we should take MaCarthy at 10.

Kim kardashian.

Some people say you can tell the strength of a draftee by the size of their ass. She should be strong.

Showers could get interesting after the game.
134770_340.jpg

You won't be getting Sheed whether you get the pick 6 or not as that would be the condition of us trading it to you.

That would be draft tampering

We will take best available at 6 even if that is Sheed.

I refuse to believe we have any agreement with West Coast. We may not rate Sheed and Eagles may know that.

The trade is happening so they can get Yeo. To get Yeo, they are downgrading their first pick.

I think the biggest question is what type of player we draft, do we go for MaCarthy and a mid or do we go for 2 mids?

This could be the last time we have high picks to play with for a long time, IMO if we get Adams we should take MaCarthy at 10.

I want at least one, preferably 2 inside mids this off-season - hopefully we get Adams and then draft one more. I just reckon inside mids are the most important players in the game. Ball's on his last legs, Blair is ordinary and Thomas still has a way to go and may never get there.

No, and using THATSGOLD mathematics, it would be Shaw + Swan + Harry + pick 6/10 = GWS pick 1

Yeah, but GWS also have pick 2 and Gold Coast sound committed to KK, so from pick 6 to pick 1 is really only 2 spots, so we should be able to do it with Pick 6 and Goldsack, but that would be overpaying because it's really only 2 spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Back