Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 62 18.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Billings

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Kolodjashnij

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Aish

Votes: 74 22.6%
  • Scharenberg

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • McDonald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freeman

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Sheed

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Salem

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Crouch

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • McCarthy

• Gardiner

• Taylor

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Acres

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Hartung

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Dunstan

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Battersby

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other player not mentioned in poll

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks mate but any chance of speaking English. :D
Sorry mate I find myself being trapped between a desire to be specific, and the need to make sense! What would you like clarification on?

Does the above tweet indicate Quayle has published her draft?

From my memory the HUN final draft was probably the closest to the mark last year but I do like looking at what EQ comes up with from her various contacts. Looks like from her comment she is struggling to get an accurate impression of what might happen.

This draft would be completely different if it weren't for Cameron Conlon's injuries. He would have been a real shot at being a top 5 selection, but unfortunately he hasn't played a game in the TAC Cup this year and managed just 9 in 2012. He is currently on the comeback from a knee injury, and should be good to go by the Draft Combine. The fact that he has been nominated for the Combine, shows just how highly he is rated - there was talk of him being just as good as Matthew Kreuzer, a former Northern Knight himself. So where he gets drafted is really anyone's guess. I'm of the opinion that he will go earlier than many think, considering the other KPPs on offer his upside is too good to pass on. The fact that Conlon can ruck will appeal to many, but I would be happy if he stayed at full forward for the whole game - something he didn't get to do enough of in the TAC Cup last season. He is a very good contested mark, and is more than athletic enough to compete once the ball hits the ground. I think many teams will still have him as the #2 KPP on their lists.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-2013-draft-a-not-so-premature-look.983699/

So Emma and Cal have both changed to us picking up berg. I hope we draft Garlett at pick 6 just for lols

Emma Quayle has us taking Scharenberg at 6.

Aish to Lions at 7
Freeman to Dees at 9
Salem to us at 10.

Last year I think she had the right players in the top 12 or so but some were slightly out of position. Doesn't help us much because it appears it's the 4 I've listed here that'll go 6, 7, 9 & 10.

Come on Lions take Dom Sheed.

a poster on the saints board is claiming he has "mail" saying that the saints will pick Scharenberg over billings, would be interesting if true as it might mean that Billings and/or Aish slip to us. Would be a nice choice to have to make

Scharenburg would provide the added strength, poise, foot skills and rebound from half back, and Salem would provide some speed, carry through the midfield and excellent delivery to the forwards.

What are the main differences between Salem, aish, acres, Lennon?

a poster on the saints board is claiming he has "mail" saying that the saints will pick Scharenberg over billings, would be interesting if true as it might mean that Billings and/or Aish slip to us. Would be a nice choice to have to make
Would be easy. Billings is top 3 imo.

Emma said on twitter this was the hardest top 10 to predict because everyone was so even. Will be interesting to see if she's on the money again! Really excited, the count down is on :)

The more I read of Quayle & Twomey & Co's mock drafts the more I get the impression they are not even close to being sure of their selections here.
Too many variables & it seems the recruiting guys from most clubs are keeping quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emma Quayle has us taking Scharenberg at 6.

Aish to Lions at 7
Freeman to Dees at 9
Salem to us at 10.

Last year I think she had the right players in the top 12 or so but some were slightly out of position. Doesn't help us much because it appears it's the 4 I've listed here that'll go 6, 7, 9 & 10.

Come on Lions take Dom Sheed.

Or McCarthy. Or Lennon. Anybody who allows Aish to make it to 10!

To the guys picking Scharenberg over Aish to beef up our midfield size. Scharenberg has rarely played in the midfield and looks a Jimmy. Clement clone so he won't help our midfield size at all.
Another Jimmy Clement. What a disaster!;)
It's exactly who I thought of when I watched his highlight video, and why I've been hoping we draft him.

To the guys picking Scharenberg over Aish to beef up our midfield size. Scharenberg has rarely played in the midfield and looks a Jimmy. Clement clone so he won't help our midfield size at all.

Fair call, and I'm one who has been harping on picker the taller player.

Although scharenberg may not be a midfielder, we also need height in our defence. We have guys like Seedsman, Marley, Sinclair and Broomhead who are vying for those back pocket roles. The problem is they are all shortish...or in seedsmans case he isn't strong enough one on one yet.

We have used Maxwell as the 3rd up player for some time, but these days that player needs to be attacking as well. Toovey is a good in between size, but he is not really an attacking weapon with his skills.

Scharenberg is the perfect height to take a man, but also run off him and create. He fills the Heath Shaw void. I have no doubt he can play a utility role and play midfield as well.

Our list needs height. Every line has a short people or two

Forwards - Kennedy, Elliott
Mid - blair
Backs - Williams, Sinclair.

Then there is a whole stack of averaged sized players like Adams, sidebottom, josh Thomas etc.

My only question mark on Scharenberg is the injury. If the club is confident with it then he'd be my choice at 6.

These days, you need an attacking defender or two. They are in my view an extension of the midfield. They call it slingshot footy. You need to build from defence. But these attacking defenders need to win the ball back first.

I just think we need a bit if size. These bigger bodied guys win finals.

Nothing against Aish. I'll be hoping like hell he slips to 10. I just think that with 2 picks, we should consider needs as well as best available...especially when the call is as tough as Aish v Scharenberg

The more I read of Quayle & Twomey & Co's mock drafts the more I get the impression they are not even close to being sure of their selections here.
Too many variables & it seems the recruiting guys from most clubs are keeping quiet.
I don't reckon they are very sure this year. Last year seemed way more certain by now.

Reckon there might be a surprise or 2 in store.

Sorry mate, was taking the piss.

My main question is does it appear a long term injury issue?
Very unlikely mate, because someone will be making a significant investment in him and he'll get appropriate advice. :)

Nothing against Aish. I'll be hoping like hell he slips to 10. I just think that with 2 picks, we should consider needs as well as best available...especially when the call is as tough as Aish v Scharenberg

The other thing here is that at 10 if we don't get Aish we can theoretically pick up Sheed who I think is a similar sized midfielder but just as talented. Aish being more outside would fit our list needs better but Sheed is a terrific user of the footy and being better on the inside is hardly a bad thing. I really do wonder how much truth there is to this "deal" with WC. Surely that's draft tampering.

I don't reckon they are very sure this year. Last year seemed way more certain by now.

Reckon there might be a surprise or 2 in store.

A lot of people have Bonta and KK locked into the top 5 now which really does surprise me. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it doesn't pan out that way tomorrow.

If anyone is a surprise for us I think it will be McCarthy. The media keeps banging on about it but not many people seem ready to accept it as a serious possibility.

The other thing here is that at 10 if we don't get Aish we can theoretically pick up Sheed who I think is a similar sized midfielder but just as talented. Aish being more outside would fit our list needs better but Sheed is a terrific user of the footy and being better on the inside is hardly a bad thing. I really do wonder how much truth there is to this "deal" with WC. Surely that's draft tampering.

Hine was specifically asked about there being a deal between us regarding Sheed and he scoffed at it. Dezza is cagey and doesn't give up much, but he doesn't come across as a liar so I believe him.

Hine was specifically asked about there being a deal between us regarding Sheed and he scoffed at it. Dezza is cagey and doesn't give up much, but he doesn't come across as a liar so I believe him.
Ummmm, I think he really wouldn't say that a deal was struck between the two clubs if it did happen anyway.
Unless he wanted to lose his job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Back