Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 62 18.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Billings

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Kolodjashnij

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Aish

Votes: 74 22.6%
  • Scharenberg

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • McDonald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freeman

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Sheed

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Salem

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Crouch

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • McCarthy

• Gardiner

• Taylor

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Acres

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Hartung

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Dunstan

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Battersby

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other player not mentioned in poll

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate salem or aish, think both will be the flops of the draft, along with kelly (cale morton all over imo, wont put on size)
Interesting that those 3 look likely to go top 10.

Not having a go at you but it is a ballsy opinion you have compared to the professional recruiter.

Mids first priority, and other positions as second priority.

That means Aish at 6, and then if Scharenberg doesn't get through to 10, take the next best mid available (e.g. Salem).

2 of Aish, Scharenberg & Salem would do me as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we need a quality medium defender more than a mid which we'll get at 10 anyway.

Hine and Rendell will do the job though.
I just love the body size and utility of Scharenberg, I mean if every club has a Brendan Goddard type player (not say hes gonna be as good) we would all be better of.

However, I think with the quality of players available at 10 and especially 6 ill be happy regardless. Not that it really matters how happy we are, aslong as Bucks is happy, everyone wins haha.

I'm not one of the doubters, in fact I'm that "sold" on Aish that if we don't get him I may end up hiding in a corner for the remainder of the pre season chanting his name over and over again.:eek:
Do you recall the Jerry McGuire movie? The no.1 pick it that was a guy called Cushman or Cush was his nickname. He complained about having Cush lash such was the hype around him.

I've got Aish lash. I want him badly now. He looks a more skilled Dale Thomas without the good marking.

To the guys picking Scharenberg over Aish to beef up our midfield size. Scharenberg has rarely played in the midfield and looks a Jimmy. Clement clone so he won't help our midfield size at all.

Any expertise, Samples?
Sesamoid bones, for anyone who might not be aware, are bones which grow naturally within tendons. Their function is to increase the leverage of tendons around a joint by acting at an increased distance from the joint itself. The most familiar to the layperson will be the patella, so essentially without your patella, your quadriceps would not be able to extend your knee with the same torque force.

Sesamoiditis refers to the sesamoid bones leading to the big toe, in the "ball" of the foot, and can range in presentation from more of a tendinitis-type scenario to potentially more severe issues such as fracture of the sesamoid bones themselves. It is an overuse injury, so increased training loads or changed training conditions/regimes can be a catalyst, as can malalignment of the big toe.

Treatment can be as simple as rest, to immobilization (casting), cortisone injections or in serious cases, surgical removal of the sesamoid bones. Even not knowing the type and severity of Scharenberg's condition, I'd suggest properly managed it is highly unlikely to become a chronic issue which would impact adversely on his career.

Having said that, if you are a recruiter for an AFL club other than Collingwood; he's stuffed and I wouldn't touch him. Next Luke Molan for sure.

To the guys picking Scharenberg over Aish to beef up our midfield size. Scharenberg has rarely played in the midfield and looks a Jimmy. Clement clone so he won't help our midfield size at all.

I wasn't referring to him playing as a mid.

I think he is exactly the sort of backman we require, particularly with Shaw now gone and Maxy on his last legs.

However, tomorrow night, I will support any decision Derek Hine makes.

Sesamoid bones, for anyone who might not be aware, are bones which grow naturally within tendons. Their function is to increase the leverage of tendons around a joint by acting at an increased distance from the joint itself. The most familiar to the layperson will be the patella, so essentially without your patella, your quadriceps would not be able to extend your knee with the same torque force.

Sesamoiditis refers to the sesamoid bones leading to the big toe, in the "ball" of the foot, and can range in presentation from more of a tendinitis-type scenario to potentially more chronic issues such as fracture of the sesamoid bones themselves. It is an overuse injury, so increased training loads or changed training conditions/regimes can be a catalyst, as can malalignment of the big toe.

Treatment can be as simple as rest, to immobilization (casting), cortisone injections or in serious cases, surgical removal of the sesamoid bones. Even not knowing the type and severity of Scharenberg's condition, I'd suggest properly managed it is highly unlikely to become a chronic issue which would impact adversely on his career.

Having said that, if you are a recruiter for an AFL club other than Collingwood; he's stuffed and I wouldn't touch him. Next Luke Molan for sure.
Thanks mate but any chance of speaking English. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Back