Port Adelaide lose by 3 points after a wrong Goal Review against the Crows in the dying stages

Remove this Banner Ad

This still is after the ball has passed the post ... it has curled around. The vision from the other side of the ground (old scoreboard side) shows the ball passing in front of the post ... so it went through the goals and curled around.
Agree. Doesn't take Einstein to figure this out. Using an old galaxy, an 8th of my brain and being pestered by my dog to take him for a walk, I was still able to screenshot the video of ball near post, zoom in, and see quite clearly the ball obscuring the post. Conclusion: It went through the middle sticks.

As for hitting the post... that's another thing. Might need half a brain for that, and, a better phone.

...and no dog

Yeah but look what happens when he does speak his mind. You get port fans that before the game would have said Jenkins is the biggest spud going around and his opinion isn’t worth shit, to him being an all knowing all seeing god like man who’s OPINION should be treated as fact.
Enjoy the win! And the post game fun.

You can't see anything in that view is there a clearer shot?
Yes. Which makes about most of the pages in this thread redundant. Thank you afl and broadcasters for providing the vision we needed. Oops. The vision that protects your incompetent arses
If Port were so good they wouldn't have let Adelaide get within a kick.

Shit happens.
If all the teams that won this week were " so good" they AFL should award a five-point top up to their opponent this week with 2 minutes remaining.

If that were applied this week how would that it worked out this round and how important would all those results of being in the context of the finals to each those clubs and other teams?

Ken's petulance doesn't allow for this. If Ken hadn't sooked like a baby he wouldn't cop criticism.

'Monumental mistake,' says Ken, but AFL OK's goal

Ken: "(The AFL) will come out and say they got it wrong, but the technology should have changed that.​

Actually, the AFL said: "The AFL released a statement later on Saturday night, saying the score review official examined all relevant replay angles for 23 seconds and determined there was no clear evidence that warranted overturning the goal umpire's initial decision."

"It is the AFL determination that after accessing all relevant vision this evening, it supported the decision of the reviewer to confirm the goal umpire’s decision of a goal, with no clear evidence beyond reasonable doubt to make an over-rule," the statement concluded."​

2fax3d.jpg
The " monumental mistake " was Port re-signing Ken until the second coming of Christ.

"So in court do we just ask the murderer whether or not he killed a person and then we just go by his word?

If someone admitted he killed a person then yeah, that's called a confession and generally it's a huge deal

Well they kind of are the victim here aren’t they? Can you just imagine if this happened to Richmond. Bigfooty servers would implode

Pretty sure this (bad reviews) has happened to Richmond, and the very inconclusive footage was used to overturn a goal that had been called. The AFL afterwards said they shouldn't have overturned it based on the footage.

Haha. Sucked in. Now you know how we felt when that monfries goal went through. That was headed straight for the boundary or point at best. Nothing but luck. I felt cheated. But what can you do. Cry about it?

As for it being a "wrong goal review" that just isn't true. The AFL have ticked off on it saying there was no conclusive evidence to overrule the initial call of a goal.

Besides that we still had 2.40 on the clock and even if it were ruled a point we would have only been 2 points down with the ball locked in our forward 50 and would have had plenty of time to kick the inevitable sealer anyway. Did I mention EAD?

And kane cornes is a piece of shit, trying to use this poor kids illness as a way to justify having a go at crows supporters or football fans for booing a football decision.

View attachment 538244
I gave it the response it deserved.
You are a heartless person. I used to live in adelaide. I met crows fans who post here
Most of them are those numpties that collect cans out of the bins in Rundle mall. Nutjobs and simpletons. It's not even worth responding to their false logic and straw man arguments. Thank **** for centre link and packing jobs or they'd be hungry every day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a heartless person. I used to live in adelaide. I met crows fans who post here
Most of them are those numpties that collect cans out of the bins in Rundle mall. Nutjobs and simpletons. It's not even worth responding to their false logic and straw man arguments. Thank **** for centre link and packing jobs or they'd be hungry every day
Im a heartless person because I say sucked in about a ball hitting post or not, then you go on to abuse the poorer segments of society? And I’m the heartless one? Gotcha.

Feel for you guys potentially cost you guys a top4 spot.

These issues with the goal review system need to be fixed or scrap it all together. Footy is a game of momentum.

Did it hit the post? Did it miss? Did it pass through the goals? Through the behind? Is Jenkins truthful? Is it the ultimate troll?

So many mysteries. What truly mystifies me. The one I’ve kept pondering...

How does a bloke being paid bucketloads kick the middle of the ball on a snap from 20m out which would’ve surely sewn the game up. Obviously talking about Wines.

Let’s break it down further. Let’s say he’s conservatively on $500k a season.

Plays 20 games. That’s a solid $25k a game. The guy averages 12.5 kicks a game. Which means each kick he takes is worth a staggering $2k.

That 1 kick is worth substantially more then some bloke sitting in front of a screen getting paid peanuts to make rulings in a 5-10 second window.

However what is clear. What’s not up for debate. Is that Ollie Wines can’t kick.

Staggering.

The ball is covering the post, it cant be behind it. :drunk:
It's covering the post because the ball is tracking to the right of screen. When it's coving the post it hasn't gone through the goals yet. The ball is going to the RIGHT not the left. The replay gives you the wrong impression of which way the ball is travelling. You assume it's going on the wrong side of the post but it's not it just hasn't gone through the goals yet.

I feel for port fans and would be gutted if it happened to us but no sport has ever been officiated perfectly and nor will they ever be. Umpires/referees are human, mistakes have always happened and always will. The Afl should scrap the review system as they get it wrong as often as they get it right, it hasn't eliminated the errors its just shifted them to a different person, the point being the reviews are done by people and therefore aren't perfect.

For those who think it went through the goals watch this and zoom in if you're on your phone
For those who think it didn't go through the goals, for the love of god look at the footage from the telecast from the other angle and stop referring to this rock and rolled grainy replay.

If I had the means I'd post it myself - why is it only the conspiracy theorists who are posting footage?

What baffles me the most after this whole debacle is that when JJ said after the game that he thought it was a point (which clearly isn't true because he was celebrating right after the goal), apparently everyone is supposed to take his word as objective fact? Makes zero ******* sense. So in court do we just ask the murderer whether or not he killed a person and then we just go by his word? Absolutely insane that even Ken Hinkley mentioned this as well.

I thought it was a point, they went to a review, called it a goal. Port Adelaide still had 2:40 to kick another goal, yet they didn't. That's the game of football for you guys. Grow some balls Hinkley, you should be ashamed of your team for giving up such a game.

Also, does anyone have another video of the ball hitting the post? I've only seen the AFL sanctioned vision :p
lol it's a terrible analogy anyway, but that is exactly what happens; when a defendant pleads guilty (the equivalent here of Jenkins admitting it hit the post) we 'take their word' and sentence them.

If they plead not guilty then all evidence is examined to come to a verdict.

Neither of the above processes remotely resemble the farce that happened last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide lose by 3 points after a wrong Goal Review against the Crows in the dying stages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back