Review Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we going to ignore the tackle is what caused this?

The tackle swung Keane into Sam's path in less than a second. Sam didn't change direction. He just stood there with his arms up.

But yeah, because it's Port he will get weeks.

This is the media commentary that will make it so:

View attachment 1911867
Wtf

How is that allowed

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Are we going to ignore the Rioli tackle that actually initiated this?

The tackle swung Keane into Sam's path in less than a second. Sam didn't change direction. He just stood there with his arms up.

But yeah, because it's Port he will get weeks. s**t, they'll probably give Rioli a couple of weeks as an accomplice as well well.

This is typical of the the media commentary that will make it so:

View attachment 1911867
He still went for a bump and hit him hard. Hes getting 2 or 3. The guy was already wrapped up it was stupid af.

He still went for a bump and hit him hard. Hes getting 2 or 3. The guy was already wrapped up it was stupid af.
Didn't need to do it, basically.

From what I could see through my cob pipe in the final 3 quarters with the B sides

Evans 13 touches (0.4)
Lorenz 10 touches, 2 tackles
Sinn 9 touches
Scully 8 touches (3.1) 1 tackle, 4 marks
Georgie 7 touches (3.0) 2 marks
McKenzie 7 touches
Vis 6 touches
Charleson 6 touches (0.1) 1 tackle
Walsh 5 touches
Anastasopolous
4 touches

From what I could see through my cob pipe in the final 3 quarters with the B sides

Evans 13 touches (0.4)
Lorenz 10 touches, 2 tackles
Sinn 9 touches
Scully 8 touches (3.1) 1 tackle, 4 marks
Georgie 7 touches (3.0) 2 marks
McKenzie 7 touches
Vis 6 touches
Charleson 6 touches (0.1) 1 tackle
Walsh 5 touches
Anastasopolous
4 touches
How many for Hugh Ferrari? Cheeseman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Ralph- the tackle was already underway by Rioli. The momentum of Keane and that tackle propelling Keane into SPP who braced.

The timer in the slo mo footage you posted showed the tackle lasted less than a second in which time the whole position of Keanes body changes, turning a brace into what looks like an intended head high bump.

But because Brayshaw has retired this week due to long term concussion injuries, culminating in the hit from Brayden Maynard (who was not suspended btw) we must hold someone accountable. You'll do Sam.

Get fecked.

Last edited:
Greek combo
Are we going to ignore the Rioli tackle that actually initiated this?

But yeah, because it's Port he will get weeks. s**t, they'll probably give Rioli a couple of weeks as an accomplice as well well.

This is typical of the the media commentary that will make it so:

View attachment 1911867
That article is ridiculous lol. Just quoting deadshits on twitter. Extreme bias in the report from the 'journo' himself lol. Compare it Maynard reaction it's just a farce.

I guess I'm in the minority but SPP deserves weeks for sure. At least 3. It's a trial match, why is he charging shoulder first at a player who is already being tackled? Zero reason to do it, the fact that Rioli may have swung Keane into him means nothing.
I dunno, the player got slung into him but he also seemed to jump/brace himself. He should probably get games purely because the head needs to be protected, but throwing "piece of shit" into a headline is pretty ridiculous and an attempt to create outrage over what is the AFL media's news of the week with the Brayshaw situation.

Everything in front of centre for 6 quarters was absolute trash. Could count the number of marks to a leading forward inside 50 on one hand. That’s depressing as hell of probably 60+ entries
Yep, that was my take away from the game, our forwards don't or are told not to makes leads. Another year of bombing it to the top of the square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back