Review Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess I'm in the minority but SPP deserves weeks for sure. At least 3. It's a trial match, why is he charging shoulder first at a player who is already being tackled? Zero reason to do it, the fact that Rioli may have swung Keane into him means nothing.
I agree, it was ****ing stupid. Had an absolute brain fade and will see him out for 2 games at the very least.

Are we going to ignore the Rioli tackle that actually initiated this?

The tackle swung Keane into Sam's path in less than a second. Sam didn't change direction. He just stood there with his arms up.

But yeah, because it's Port he will get weeks. s**t, they'll probably give Rioli a couple of weeks as an accomplice as well well.

This is typical of the the media commentary that will make it so:

View attachment 1911867
We're one to tweet that Dampney is a deviant and a coprophage, would that also belong in a headline?

Are we going to ignore the Rioli tackle that actually initiated this?

The tackle swung Keane into Sam's path in less than a second. Sam didn't change direction. He just stood there with his arms up.

But yeah, because it's Port he will get weeks. s**t, they'll probably give Rioli a couple of weeks as an accomplice as well well.

This is typical of the the media commentary that will make it so:

View attachment 1911867

Don’t recall that headline for Maynard?

Yep, that was my take away from the game, our forwards don't or are told not to makes leads. Another year of bombing it to the top of the square.
Finlayson and Dixon don’t help as they play lazily from behind and in Dixon’s case, start off wrestling instead of trying to repeatedly lead.

Marshall, Georgiades and Scully is a more dynamic forward line.

Finlayson and Dixon don’t help as they play lazily from behind and in Dixon’s case, start off wrestling instead of trying to repeatedly lead.

Marshall, Georgiades and Scully is a more dynamic forward line.
Finalyson has reverted back to his last years at gws.

too busy stamping his feet, being lazy and looking for the cheap goal.

It's not as prevalent now, but you still see a fair bit of it.
The way the game is played it’s not as easy as the old days when you had the fast leading forward who was one on one, that’s why you had so many players kicking a 100+ a season.
If we had a couple of Russell Ebert’s kicking the ball I’m sure that would change things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Ralph- the tackle was already underway by Rioli. The momentum of Keane and that tackle propelling Keane into SPP who braced.

The timer in the slo mo footage you posted showed the tackle lasted less than a second in which time the whole position of Keanes body changes, turning a brace into what looks like an intended head high bump.

But because Brayshaw has retired this week due to long term concussion injuries, culminating in the hit from Brayden Maynard (who was not suspended btw) we must hold someone accountable. You'll do Sam.

Get fecked.

I think we can use the "Salisbury Defence" here and claim he was KO'ed when his head hit the ground.

The AFL will probably suspend SPP and Rioli.

Dixon really should have called time by now. And Hinkley should have been ushering him out, except he has a twisted and misplaced sense of loyalty, not the strength required by the Creed.

Charlie's just in the way now.
Up forward definitely done maybe a run in the ruck to fill in?
He did some ok stuff in the ruck last year.
But like you say last year should have been his fair well tour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back