Review Port Adelaide vs Fremantle - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

First 10 mins of that qtr good, 2nd 10 mins very ordinary with at least 2 goals if not 3 given up by crap defence when we had control of the ball and should have cleared it reasonably comfortably, which is unfortunately just more of the same old same old we have seen for years now.

Better qtr by Ratugolea with some strong marks, but as for Dixon F F S Charlie stop playing from behind!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2nd quarter was some pretty solid footy. The sort of stuff we've been showing last year. Nothing ground breaking, but solid ball winning, territory battle dominance and slowly seeking out goals. There were some really poor preseason mistakes, especially from Rozee who had about 4 + let his man get an easy clearance goal. All of that you can overlook. They also got a couple late flukey goals which isn't much of a concern but was disappointing because again it was more of the same easy conceding of goals that we are constantly plagued by.

The biggest disappointment of the half was probably the ball movement. We're slow and playing boring possession footy. Our turnover merchants keep turning it over and we just bottle the game up with this slow movement not allowing our outside class and ball usage the space it needs to create.

The other concerns are that the off season recruits really don't look impressive. Soldo is probably the biggest disappointment. I didn't realise he was so poor. With the amount we paid for him I expected more. Feels like Rockliff MkII, another player we've over paid for who had a big reputation but the reality is he isn't that good.

Willem Drew is so good in that situation, snapping on his left.

so doughnut's takeway from our finals fadeouts is dont train to hard?
the canary in the coal mine for why we always start so slow and suck in finals. We dont train the way you play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port Adelaide vs Fremantle - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back