2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 16 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong bloke to sack if he is doing what Hinkley wants him to do.

Sacking Hinkley is too expensive, start with the cheap puppets and get guys in that have different ideas and are willing to die on the hill to change Kens mind sometimes. Bassett seems to have changed Kens idea on what football is the last couple of years.

KT needs to get proactive and get the restrictions on the 'top up' players sorted out for next season.
I am sure the constant thrashings are not doing anything for the development of the players.

Still believe the two AFL reserves sides will struggle with the SANFL rules imposed. Can't wait for a national AFL reserves com.
It's no wonder the development of players is stalling and imo it is starting to affect both AFL clubs.
This.

The SANFL rules for our top ups (not Hinkley’s gameplan) is the reason for these results. These bozos at West Lakes have to decide quickly whether they want competitive AFL reserves teams or no AFL reserves teams.

Frankly, I think it’s too late. The quicker we get out of this tinpot excuse for a comp, the better. It does not have our interests in its top 100 priorities. Time to say adieu.

Club absolutely dropped the ball in its sanfl list recruiting.

AFL list managers too obsessed with flankers.

Sanfl success is not a priority.

Sanfl rules hobble serious recruiting and development.

I think the players care but have just collapsed under the weight of the black hole of structural and experiential failings.

Early in the last quarter when we were within range of at least not losing by much we had the ball going down the middle. The players handballed and handballed and the South players got closer and closer till when a player tried to kick for goal he was tackled, did not get his foot to the ball and the resultant free allowed South to run the ball to their forwards and score a goal. The whole sorry episode smacked of doing the team thing for development. When are Lokan and Ken going to learn that teams need to be able to play winning football in order to be ready to step up a grade? Skills can be taught at training, although we don't seem to be doing that too well these days. Practising a team plan during a game is fraught with danger, and the more you lose the less you learn.

I'm sure that when Matty Lokan says to the team "look, guys maybe you lost by 74 points but it doesn't matter, you learned a lot today" they'll agree.
Pigs a*** they will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Magpies are playing to AFL requirements then something here stinks beyond measure as i see absolutely nothing that suggests any measure of intelligence is behind all this. I dont mind losing if you see some light at the end of the tunnel, who in the blazes needs to be called out over this pure garbage??

God, that's just so painful to watch.

Somebody at the Club has got the 'way to play' so, so wrong it's not funny.

Our gameplan nearly goes against every single fibre of what makes a team, what drives a team, and how those within can grow.

I'd love for Timmy G to have the freedom to let loose on what he really thinks to some of those imposters currently steering the direction of our Club, you could hear the anger and borderline hatred of what we're trying to do and what we have become throughout the call.

There wasn't a single guy out there today I thought looked like he'd be a good AFL footballer. Most can't kick, can't handball, have little composure and play without thought adhering to a gameplan that can see you have 70 (?) more possessions but lose by 10+ goals.

That's just crazy stuff.

The top ups are only a small part of the problem. Our skills and abysmal defensive, negative game style that runs through every level of the club is the real problem. If it was just the maggies you could handle it, but it isnt, its the clubs way about things these days and its anti port adelaide football. The only good thing that can come of it is if those in power wake up, weed out the imposters both on and off the field, and get this club back to what it should be, at all levels

Club absolutely dropped the ball in its sanfl list recruiting.

AFL list managers too obsessed with flankers.

Sanfl success is not a priority.

Sanfl rules hobble serious recruiting and development.

I think the players care but have just collapsed under the weight of the black hole of structural and experiential failings.
The SANFL + Academy teams badly need some tall forward and tall defenders. Should be a big priority.

The idea of 2 or 3 guys over 190cm up forward and 1 or 2 tall defenders down back in the places of Simon Wong, Ginever, Strange, Morgan etc make us a much better side in structure.

The fact that on our SANFL + Academy lists we have a combined 1 guy over 190cm (Mony Makoi) is just terrible stuff.

Sacking Hinkley is too expensive, start with the cheap puppets and get guys in that have different ideas and are willing to die on the hill to change Kens mind sometimes. Bassett seems to have changed Kens idea on what football is the last couple of years.
Unfortunately you are correct about the expense because we panicked last year after Ken's side failed to win a final. But Lokan is a puppet compared to Bassett. Shit Chad is no shrinking flower and they gave him the flick from coaching the Maggies.

The biggest influence on Ken was Burgo. I have been meaning to bloody bump an old thread, for a couple of months, keep starting and then getting diverted, but it goes back to Choco and Burgo visiting the Milan Lab in October/November 2006 after we played Geelong at the Oval in London. They spent the day there instead of the original 1.5 hours. Burgo said everything was going to change after that visit to A.C. Milan's facility. We came from nowhere to make the 2007 GF, Burgo's mum died around Christmas 2007, he left us to be close to his dad in Sydney, went to the Socceroos, then Liverpool, becoming a world expert after he left us and the rest is history. Burgo was paid almost double what Ken was, so Ken listened to him.

KT needs to get proactive and get the restrictions on the 'top up' players sorted out for next season.
I am sure the constant thrashings are not doing anything for the development of the players.
Even the Academy is losing by 60-160 points every week. Not 1 game has been competitive.

Also this maggies playing an afl game style crap. No we arent. We are not playing a richmond game style, not playing a west coast or gws game style, shit not even playing a bloody hawthorn adelaide or essendon game style. We are playing a modern ken bass game plan that is abysmal at all levels. its not going to work at any level. Football is about scoring, attacking, we have to start playing proper football. Just really hope we can find it at afl level because we absolutely gave the top end talent to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back