AFLW Port Adelaide vs St Kilda - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Where are the Arnell haters now?

Legitimately where are they? Remember after every loss there would be a bunch of people come into the game thread and tee off at Arnell and the entire W programme? Bit quiet on that front lately.
I was very critical of her coaching in the Fremantle game and her explanation post-game—I still think that was a pretty major ****-up.

But I'm not a hater, like raptalia, for example.

I am happy to be proven wrong and I not entirely anti Arnell. I am more pissed off with the system that appointed and reappointed her.

The improvement over the past weeks is amazing and full credit to Lauren. The girls tackling, disposal and team work have all improved. I think last night's first quarter was as good an AFLW standard as I have seen. The girls actually showed Ken and the AFL guys how to play and I repeat that I am happy to be proven wrong on a number of counts.

The girls now sit inside the eight and with two absolutely winnable games to come they should play finals. Let us hope they keep going.

Great effort by the girls. They’re really building in confidence and playing with real passion and desire. The pressure and tackling was real Port like .
Mules Robinson is in good form I haven’t noticed her being this on point before .
Sholz was immense , the sky’s the limit for her , she’ll be the face of AFLW next season in my opinion if not already.
Dowrick was very good again, the backline straightlining everything , loving Odea at the moment too , we’ve got some tough players , Lamb is as hard at it as anyone. Maloney is a hard nut , Window is getting great exposure in the midfield and looks a gun in the making , Goody is awesome for a first year and plays the wing in the right way .
Saint looked fit tonight and played well with good agility.
Onwards and Upwards

Tahau would be a great addition at either centre half forward or centre half back. It's easy to forget that she was in our top few players in the first season and a half.

Cuthbertson and Teakle slot in nicely.

Reckon Dunn and Ewings both battle to get a game in this team.

Hard to know where Young fits but presumably she's straight in ala the rest of the high end draftees.
I don't really rate the skipper personally. Think we're better off with Borg and Germech personally.

Ewings replaces Syme/Mules in a heartbeat.
Think Young finds a spot over one of the lesser players like Stewart easily.

Where are the Arnell haters now?

Legitimately where are they? Remember after every loss there would be a bunch of people come into the game thread and tee off at Arnell and the entire W programme? Bit quiet on that front lately.
I personally reckon a great basics teacher would be huge for this group. Especially a player like Goody. They need heaps of coaching around decision making and the basics.

Outside of that, she's been able to do a good job bringing this team together and growing their confidence. We seem to have a really good balance now.

Don't we just love a winning Port Adelaide team, well done.
For me it's not the winning, it's the improvement.

The men's team wins a lot but are stagnant and have been going nowhere for years.

Hopefully, it shows the leadership that stability is a crock. There's nothing to be feared if the men's team bottoms out under a new coach for a year or two in order to rebuild into a genuine contender.

For me it's not the winning, it's the improvement.

The men's team wins a lot but are stagnant and have been going nowhere for years.

Hopefully, it shows the leadership that stability is a crock. There's nothing to be feared if the men's team bottoms out under a new coach for a year or two in order to rebuild into a genuine contender.
Yeah agreed, they are improving and hopefully they can keep that momentum going.

Last edited:
Its not just the win either, its showing up when it actually matters. And showing up for each other, the fans and the club rather than showing up conditionally for "Ken". I think we need a few players back to do real September damage, but we're two wins away from this being an awesome season, no matter how it ends.

Also Ive always defended Arnell, even if I haven't always agreed with her, because its clear our strategy was to burn the first few seasons in order to create an elite list led by Young. Ill start judging her only if we still havent made a prelim once all the main pieces are actually in place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was today years old when I discovered that Matildas mark last week, wasn't nominated for mark of the round last week.

Seriously WTF.

Unbelievably Matilda didn't win it because it's a popular vote, but she was one of the three nominees. You can view them on the AFLW site.

Bonnie Toogood won it for a regulation jump and catch.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Port Adelaide vs St Kilda - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back