News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Ye olde Australian TV actor Barrie Barkla

10101239.jpg

Coached by Julian Farkas, the SA Under 16 team became national champion after beating Victoria Country by 63-points at Thebarton Oval on Saturday in the side’s third and final game. Among the team were two Port Adelaide NGA products – Benny Barrett from South Adelaide and North Adelaide’s Louie Montgomery.

I did LOL when I saw Julian Farkas and thought of Gordon Farkas from the Big Steal coaching a footy side.

philthy05 Wasn't Rome Burgoyne playing in a couple of these games as well? I seem.to.remember someone posting that he'd kicked a few goals. Any idea how he went/why he didn't play the final?
Yeah I haven’t been following the under 16’s all that much other than checking in on the articles etc. tho is rome 2023 or 24 eligible? 23 eligible draftees don’t play under 26’s champs I think? Except if they pick a couple top agers like under 18’s do? The under 16’s this year would be the 2024 crop. Unless I’m mistaken. It’s why I assume Kane mcauliffe wasn’t in the squad either .

Yeah I haven’t been following the under 16’s all that much other than checking in on the articles etc. tho is rome 2023 or 24 eligible? 23 eligible draftees don’t play under 26’s champs I think? Except if they pick a couple top agers like under 18’s do? The under 16’s this year would be the 2024 crop. Unless I’m mistaken. It’s why I assume Kane mcauliffe wasn’t in the squad either .
2022 - Harper Montgomery
2022 - Will Francou

2023 - Oliver Francou
2023 - Jack Lade

2024 - Louie Montgomery
2024 - Ky Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)
2024 - Rome Burgoyne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played in the SA side, but I havent seen him play. Any feedback from those who have?

Slight, nippy outside mid with ok skills

Played in the SA side, but I havent seen him play. Any feedback from those who have?

Slight, nippy outside mid with ok skills
He’s played a lot around the contest this year so he’s not as outside as some might assume from that comment tho (while still being accurate)

I love his growth from previous season where he was nearly invisible.

Assume he comes on as a Cat B, so can't complain there.

Is he a mid or a flanker, for those in the know?

I reckon flanker, I don’t recall seeing him in the middle when he played for the Maggies.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back