News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Stick thin kid who to my eye looked quite quick and nimble. For an outside player he had plenty of games where he racked up 3-4 clearances from memory, so while outside he can still extract the ball using that nimbleness.

I tried to watch him in his underage year knowing he was nga eligible but he was completely invisible, so there must have been marked improvement this year unless he was playing injured or something last year. Probably the former.

As a rookie / cat b pickup why not take a punt, but he’s a prospect who’s got a lot of work to do so I wouldn’t get my hopes up, but there’s enough there to like adding him.

I don't think we have to take him in the national draft and can rookie him if no one makes a bid on him.

In November 2020 we nominated Taj Schofield as a father son ( along with NGA player Lachie Jones who was bid on at 16), we didn't take him at the national draft and so we took him, as we automatically had rights to him at the rookie draft with our last pick.

Also at the draft the crows had 2 NGA players Tarick Newchurch and James Borlase under the bullshit born in Egypt loophole, they nominated both of them, neither were selected at the national draft and they were given the rookie Category B status.

I assume the same will happen to Nathan and he is a Category B rookie and we will have a squad of 43.

Last edited:
Watch the AFL change this qualification. He'll probably be magically aligned to Gold Coast's Academy next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't think we can match academy bids in the first 30 picks?

It was the top 20 a couple of years ago, so clubs could only match from pick 21 onwards. Now I think it's top 40.

Northern Academies have no restrictions.

It was the top 20 a couple of years ago, so clubs could only match from pick 21 onwards. Now I think it's top 40.

Northern Academies have no restrictions.
They are looking at changing it back to top 20 protected and so they should.
they should make Sydney and Brisbane's to the same. GC and GWS give them a few more years and then change theirs

Remove this Banner Ad

News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back