Port delist Lower....here's our chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hopefully North get Lower From Port

lol ok ur taking the piss......coz obviously, lets hope we dont

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so I guess that makes him better then Ed???

I rate Ed a fringe dweller. He's probably not currently in our best 22, but he is in our best 30. I would keep him on the list.

Nick wouldn't be far behind. He blitzes in the SANFL and would be just as worthy of a spot as a Barlow or Sewell.

Ed mentioned at the Syd Barker Medal count that Nick wants to move to Melbourne (not necessarily the team), and that he'd already told Port. They would've offered him up during trade week, without any takers, and this is the natural follow on from that. He'll be hoping to be picked up in the PSD I imagine.

Would be funny (on a purely shits and giggles basis) if we did pick him up and then delisted Ed next year

Euge: "Sorry Ed, you've gotta go. You told us you'd play better with you're brother and it just didn't happen"

Very disappointing thread title. Should read:

Port delist Lower....worth a look? :rolleyes:

Try harder next time, MaccaRoo. :)

I agree.

Furthermore i believe we may need to standardise these threasd titles accordingly

e.g. "Player X, delisted. The official Worth a Look? Thread"

FWIW Ed needs to stay on the books in case he gets himself into position again, to kick the sealer against Collingwood. Just like he didn't a couple of years ago

Then we can scream "Lock it in Eddie"

Otherwise we need to re-draft Sansbury as some have suggested

I rate Ed a fringe dweller. He's probably not currently in our best 22, but he is in our best 30. I would keep him on the list.

Nick wouldn't be far behind. He blitzes in the SANFL and would be just as worthy of a spot as a Barlow or Sewell.

Nick has a really damaging kick - to be honest, he'd probably make a better half forward.

I know no-one here seriously wants North to pick up Nick Lower, and for interests sake, in today's Advertiser, the Port footy operations manager, Peter Rhode said of Nick L the following:

"We think Nick has got everything out of himself - he's probably one of the most admired players at the club with his toughness and the way he goes about things - but he's not fast, he probably hasn't got a great running ability and he's not tall".

After that sales pitch, I think lets go for him with a late 3rd rounder?

Haven't got a link, typed it up out of the paper, twas on p124 of todays Slopvertister.

I agree with most of that but I don't think Nick blitzes like Sewell has.

Sewell has all the signs of being a sure bet that people in three years say "what the **** was every club thinking not grabbing him, look at what he did at VFL level, he was a sure bet."

It appears that I am on my Pat Malone here, but I am a big wrap for Ed Lower and would love to get Nick - as long as it is either with our last pick in the ND or in the PSD. Ed has good skills, can get a hard ball and has played 2 cracking finals. And although I haven't seen a great deal of Nick, what I have seen has been reasonable.

Funnily enough, if ever there was a person who knew that the output of putting identical twins together is 1 + 1 = 3, then that person is Brad Scott. Lets see what happens...

Remove this Banner Ad

Port delist Lower....here's our chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back