Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried listening to that for a bit of schadefreude but crow supporters are so ******* boring. I barely lasted five minutes. They sounded like they were supremely confident of winning the upcoming funeral

Rance is no good one on one, our small forwards are shit, we have no one in the midfield to stop their midfield and Martin is easily stopped. Nankervis is a shit ruck, Astbury isn't even a defender who will be exposed chasing One of the rangas up a wing. We have no skill and will be exposed easily by their super dooper forward line. Tahlia is also better than Rance.
There is no way we can beat them.
That's pretty much it for the hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried listening to that for a bit of schadefreude but crow supporters are so ******* boring. I barely lasted five minutes. They sounded like they were supremely confident of winning the upcoming funeral

I survived the Jimi Hendrix Star-Spangled Banner-style rendition of their song, only to hear one guy whose voice sounded exactly like Rucci's and the other one who in a single sentence qualified for a Most South Aussie Accent Ever home Prelim.

*close window*

I listened for 15mins as I had ironing to do. Every bit of the analysis was completely wrong.

Rance is no good one on one, our small forwards are shit, we have no one in the midfield to stop their midfield and Martin is easily stopped. Nankervis is a shit ruck, Astbury isn't even a defender who will be exposed chasing One of the rangas up a wing. We have no skill and will be exposed easily by their super dooper forward line. Tahlia is also better than Rance.

I listened to it and, with the benefit of hindsight, it's hilarious, and arrogant is an understatement. From the resulting game it looks like the crows players listened to it too. ;)

I survived the Jimi Hendrix Star-Spangled Banner-style rendition of their song, only to hear one guy whose voice sounded exactly like Rucci's and the other one who in a single sentence qualified for a Most South Aussie Accent Ever home Prelim.

*close window*

Purely on the strength of this post I've gone back and clicked on the link. Listening now. I have tears.

View attachment 462434

An All-Australian/B&F spearhead, an All-Australian/B&F ruckman, an All-Australian/B&F key defender and Taylor Walker.

The full list of players in the article:
Buddy Franklin
Tom Boyd
Scott Pendlebury
Nat Fyfe
Gary Ablett
Tom Lynch
Dayne Beams
Michael Hurley
Trent Cotchin
Dion Prestia
Dustin Martin

On top of the players you mentioned
Jeremy Cameron
Cale Hooker
Todd Goldstein
Taylor Walker
Nic Natanui

That's 16 players mentioned with not a single player from Port yet we over pay players to stay?

The 'After' version was actually pretty entertaining.

Jimi Hendrix Star-Spangled Banner-style rendition of their song

Hendrix fading into Green Day. Wot.

Also, 'red hot favourites' within the first 60secs.
I know I'm probably tainted with bias but were they ever really red hot faves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hendrix fading into Green Day. Wot.

Also, 'red hot favourites' within the first 60secs.
I know I'm probably tainted with bias but were they ever really red hot faves?

They were certainly favourites, probably not red hot but Richmond were more of a silly chance than a legitimate one.

They were certainly favourites, probably not red hot but Richmond were more of a silly chance than a legitimate one.

I tipped Tigers. You could just feel that pressure from Punt Road was about to burst.

Listened a few times I take it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh, i burst alright......

Here's my post from the day before the GF. I'm sure you'll agree that I pretty much nailed it. Especially with the 'bukakke' bit.

Don't underestimate the emotional tsunami of Richmond being in their first Grand Final in over 30 years. The fans will be out in force, the AFL will be keen for a Tigers win, the entirety of Melbourne will be behind them and I think they will respond.

There is a lot of pent up energy in Tigerland and it's about to bukakke all over a confident Crows outfit.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...t-game-reactions.1178073/page-7#post-52734690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back