Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 'Majak Daw in defence' experiment of Norf's has gone on for a quarter and a half of JLT footy and that's a quarter and a half too long. He is atrocious.

I'm quite enjoying it.

So, I’m watching a bit of the Melbourne vs Norths JLT game.... I’m wondering how many ‘new’ rule interpretations will be dropped, ignored, changed or forgotten about by the time the round 1 roles around.... (or in the first game that features a Buddy Franklin, Dustin Martin or Patrick Dangerfield)

A lot of ‘softer’ free being paid.

So, I’m watching a bit of the Melbourne vs Norths JLT game.... I’m wondering how many ‘new’ rule interpretations will be dropped, ignored, changed or forgotten about by the time the round 1 roles around.... (or in the first game that features a Buddy Franklin, Dustin Martin or Patrick Dangerfield)

A lot of ‘softer’ free being paid.
There aren’t any this year.

Na full credit to him before his year was ruined with injury he had developed into a gun tagger.
Funny thing .. I remember Ben Jacobs setting up our come from behind win at footy park against North. Had the ball at half back, moved it on and it finally ended up with Paul Stewart, on attacking 50, who went in a kicked the winning goal.:D. So Ben did good that day :p

He is going to be a member of the new On the Couch panel as well.

Gary Lyon should have been left on the post-footballer afl media scrapheap after his indiscretions a couple years ago, but no, now he is probably in a better position than before

Also known as the 'Wayne Carey Effect'.

Our composure against the Eagles was awful both late in regular time, and in the whole of extra time. When we had a few goal break on the Eagles, we needed to slow things down - ice the clock, etc. If we weren't prepared to do that, we had to instead land a killer blow similar to how we did against Collingwood and Freo in the 2013 and 2014 finals. We didn't do that either, because our accuracy was shite. So to me, the problem was mainly two things: composure and accuracy.

I would've also had Trengove in (as a defender) and Impey out, as it may have negated the influence of their talls to a certain extent.
It was a crushing loss, but exactly a month from now, I'll be at Adelaide Oval, and the start of our retribution will be just minutes away. There's no doubt that loss in September has burned in the guts of our players since that night, and I wouldn't want to be wearing a Fremantle jumper on March 24!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne looking good with their transition from half back but that's no big surprise since they were always good with that. Playing North isn't going to help them with their defensive issues that kept them out of the eight last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. So they've got one hit out where they might be tested against St Kilda - another side that missed finals.

If they smash St Kilda when they play them - get on them to lose huge to Geelong in R1.

He is going to be a member of the new On the Couch panel as well.

Gary Lyon should have been left on the post-footballer afl media scrapheap after his indiscretions a couple years ago, but no, now he is probably in a better position than before
He should be sacked for being a shit commentator, he should not be sacked because of which consenting adult he has chosen to have sex with.

He should be sacked for being a shit commentator, he should not be sacked because of which consenting adult he has chosen to have sex with.

Either's fine.

Lets talk footy I don't wanna talk about old people having sex with Garry Lyin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back