Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just what Hawthorn needed - a former number two pick to add to their back-to-back Premiership midfield.

the only thing i have to say about that is hopefully that's us for the next 10 years. 2 years down with Polec last year for pick 21 and we pulled an absolutely smoky this year in Ryder. while i hate the fact Hawthorn probably get O'Rourke that's just the result of a well run club.

Just what Hawthorn needed - a former number two pick to add to their back-to-back Premiership midfield.

That's bullcrap just when I thought we'll more than bridge the gap between us & them by getting Ryder into the club they've got the opportunity to pick up a long term replacement for Mitchell & a fullback for peanuts, what are the odds GWS will bend over & give them O'Rourke for little in return?

Ultimately. .. the jump from assistant to senior coach involves a whole new skillset.... in part in the people management domain - but much more.
Based on everything we hear he will handle the on field and tactical stuff without a problem. .. but the great unknown to me is how he deals with a whole coaching team. Wasn't there a quote about him not liking a lot of interaction.

Ken is probably succeeding atm not just tactically but because he csn motivate.
Reading between thr lines of some stuff tredders and kane have said in the last few days this may be an area he has to work on.
Listening to some captures from his presser he comes across as intense and gruff.... id say he will put the odd nose out of joint... and is probably a coach with a limited lifespan (a bit like neil craig)... but thats ok as hes probably only a one or two term coach given his age anyway.

So Walsh is the lemon tree in this joke?

And with that, a mighty cheer went up from the heroes of Port Adelaide. They had banished the awful coach forever, because he was haunted. Now let's all celebrate with a cool glass of Kernip juice.

Walsh could be a good fit for the crows. Tactically, he is certainly up there. Just will depend how he takes to the people management and media spotlight side of things. Seems like a bit more of a gamble for them, but could pay off.

Certainly a big loss for us, but quite a bit of coaching talent looking for work, and at least not at the last minute like the saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I miss something? When was Walsh ever Hinkley's right hand man? He was listed as a midfield manager on the website. It seems Crow fans think he was Richardson's replacement when that was Hart's role.
I was under the impression that he and Hart replaced Richo conjunctively.

As much as it now hurts me to say this, I was pretty impressed with Walsh's interview on 5CC. They have got themselves a hard-edged competitor and I expect with the support network that they will put around him, and with the ip that he will take from us, he will make them a much less brittle football team next year and beyond.

Re us. Gotta love the attitude that Koch and KT have shown publically in the last 24-48h. I don't think this will set us back, even if it does make a rival stronger. We have bigger fish to fry though on a national stage.

We must get our recuiting right now and make sure that we bring another quality person into the group for the vacant off-field role.

Last edited:
As much as it now hurts me to say this, I was pretty impressed with Walsh's interview on 5CC. They have got themselves a hard-edged competitor and I expect with the support network that will put around him, and with the ip that he will take from us, he will make them a much less brittle football team next year and beyond.

yeah he's hard to dislike but as he said the 17 other teams are now the enemy so that's how I treat him, he walked out of our club, if your not with us you're against us, it's war now;)

He speaks very well, who was saying he hated the media?

Looks like a massive find for the crows, I mean this guy has hid away for years but everyone you hear rates him as a great bloke and a great footy mind. He has been sitting under everyone's noses!

I guess we can be happy that we had a few sandough years but can't help but think it is onwards and upwards for the Camry crows.

He'll piss off someone on the board soon enough

He'll piss off someone on the board soon enough
Wait until he tells the marketing department that the 19th man is a stupid idea & the higher ups will throw him out the office window like in that comic.

I'm surprised they could convince him to use that term in the press conference, looked like he was about to crack up laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back