Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SYDNEY key defender Tom McCartin will miss his side's elimination final through suspension unless the Swans successfully challenge his ban at the Tribunal.

McCartin's season might be over after his high bump on Adelaide's Shane McAdam earned him a two-game ban for rough conduct.

SYDNEY key defender Tom McCartin will miss his side's elimination final through suspension unless the Swans successfully challenge his ban at the Tribunal.

McCartin's season might be over after his high bump on Adelaide's Shane McAdam earned him a two-game ban for rough conduct.

I’m genuinely flummoxed as to what a tall defender is supposed to do against a smaller, quicker opponent in such a contest.

0D89BBEC-5726-4160-BAF3-B37066F99B8A.png

It’s not like he lined him up, the ball was right there in dispute, he was quite low, and he turned to protect himself (note the angle of McCartin’s legs) at the last second as McAdam was pitching forward.

2EDEF1D8-152A-4C0C-A72B-FC6DE28986A5.png

The Swans will appeal. They won’t win for obvious reasons. But they just have to.

Any word on what the fine for Adelaide for not giving McAdam a concussion test will be?

I’m genuinely flummoxed as to what a tall defender is supposed to do against a smaller, quicker opponent in such a contest.

View attachment 1780568

It’s not like he lined him up, the ball was right there in dispute, he was quite low, and he turned to protect himself (note the angle of McCartin’s legs) at the last second as McAdam was pitching forward.

View attachment 1780569

The Swans will appeal. They won’t win for obvious reasons. But they just have to.
I always think incidents like this need to be view from the behind the goal angle as well. It’s a 360 degree contact sport.

The way the camera tracks McAdam makes it look like McCartin comes in just to bump which isn’t reality.

I always think incidents like this need to be view from the behind the goal angle as well. It’s a 360 degree contact sport.

The way the camera tracks McAdam makes it look like McCartin comes in just to bump which isn’t reality.

100%

Its hilarious that after all the drama of the Crows loss, the same sort of shit we've copped with zero sympathy, that the Dogs lost the unloseable which basically would've guaranteed their spot.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving club and a more deserving player than old s**tstain.

Its hilarious that after all the drama of the Crows loss, the same sort of s**t we've copped with zero sympathy, that the Dogs lost the unloseable which basically would've guaranteed their spot.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving club and a more deserving player than old sh*tstain.
I guess Paul Starick will provide a similarly unbiased diatribe of Ports unfortunate experiences with umpires, as we get a worse deal than the Camries week after week............

oh wait! He's a Crowd foundation member.

Ok. Scotch that plan 😟

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The air time this Keays goal/point has got is outrageous.

Yeah it was wrong but so were plenty of others. I thought for most of the last quarter the crows got a nice ride from the umps and were lucky to be that close because of it.

Still plenty of time left on the clock too for Sydney to score again.

Couple frees missed to Sydney in last 30’s seconds that should’ve been shots on goal.

Not nice being on the receiving end is it though? Suffer in your jocks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So, how are we all feeling this morning, the day after the day after?
Might tune in to AA on the drive in, see what's happened in the world this weekend.

The air time this Keays goal/point has got is outrageous.

Yeah it was wrong but so were plenty of others. I thought for most of the last quarter the crows got a nice ride from the umps and were lucky to be that close because of it.

Still plenty of time left on the clock too for Sydney to score again.

Couple frees missed to Sydney in last 30’s seconds that should’ve been shots on goal.

Not nice being on the receiving end is it though? Suffer in your jocks.

Lol apart from siren gate it's probably the worst call I've ever seen, in terms of both getting it wrong and the implications.

Of course it's gonna get massive airtime.

Lol apart from siren gate it's probably the worst call I've ever seen, in terms of both getting it wrong and the implications.

Of course it's gonna get massive airtime.

Yeah I get it but multiple mistakes are made every single game.

The Jenkins poster had the exact same ramifications but was swept under the carpet and we were told to suck it up.

Anyone catch triple m this morning. Driving down the highway listening to rushitto whinge about how unlucky the club has been since 2017, afl costing them games etc etc. gee it’s made my week. Might even listen to 5AA this afternoon just for more melts. Those delicious tears…

Anyone catch triple m this morning. Driving down the highway listening to rushitto whinge about how unlucky the club has been since 2017, afl costing them games etc etc. gee it’s made my week. Might even listen to 5AA this afternoon just for more melts. Those delicious tears…
Turned the car onto 5AA (after listening to our game with Ginever and Tredders) this morning and the hosts have the Crow CEO on the line, having a universal sook. After the week we've had here, it is glorious to listen to.

Turned the car onto 5AA (after listening to our game with Ginever and Tredders) this morning and the hosts have the Crow CEO on the line, having a universal sook. After the week we've had here, it is glorious to listen to.

Was he angry that with 1.11 still on the clock the Camries couldn't manage to score again to win the game fair and square?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back