Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Change your Av logo champ.

Pantone and Hex makes me heave.
Would prefer change the name of the club I support until when/if Port returns to something I recognise and my values align with.

Champ.

And an actual professional leader

Ivan is one of the great coaches.

4 premierships in a row (and within moments of 5 in a row)

We should be forensically delving into reasons for their success.

Granted, their coach uses a successful, non-flawed, sustainable game plan. But he also has a sharp tactical nouse, and tweaks game plans to suit opponents and that maximise the limitations of the oppo.
In both instances, he's leagues ahead of Hinkley.

But he also seems to have the ability to keep the drive, passion and hunger in his playing group. Again, the opposite to us.

Does growing up with steroid abuse give you a Nathan Cleary moon face chin or is it just generic?
Steroids dont do anything for your chin. Makes your muscles big and balls shrink.

HGH abuse / high use cause a jaw to elongate and therefore chin protrudes.

Best sign of HGH is braces. As the jaw elongates, teeth get out of alignment as well as loose. 10-15 years ago I noticed a significant number of track and field athletes on the world scene, maybe 10% and a number of swimmers had adult braces.

Dont think Cleary has worn braces - not in the last 5 GFs I have watched.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in the Lets Talk Port's thread last Saturday night after Penrith won their PF and into their 5th consecutive GF and asked why did we cancel the agreement after 2 years?

Ivan Cleary was coach of Penrith in early 2015 when this was announced, but at end of year he retired and then went to coach Wests Tigers for 2 seasons in 2017-18.

He wanted to avoid conflicts of interest about coaching Nathan, who proceeded to made a name for himself in those 3 seasons, then Ivan said bugger it Im going back to Penrith, coach my kid and all the kids coming thru their development squads, and no one can accuse me of favouring Nathan at the selection table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradthebrain loves this!

Bradthebrain: "We need a teal guernsey"

d020a6503acf5239d6a270af4a211efc

f70ssj.gif

skeletor-until-we-meet-again.gif

Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 11.42.16 PM.png

Likewise with Houston..
Freo giving us the deal for you, well off to Freo Dan.

Might be time to update your signature, scotty13...

POWERFUL MIDFIELD
Cornes - 31yrs, 276gms.....................Monfries - 27yrs, 179gms.....................Westhoff - 27yrs, 142gms
White - 27yrs, 113gms.....................Gray - 26yrs, 98gms.....................
Boak - 25yrs, 139gms
Ebert - 24yrs, 130gms.....................Broadbent - 23yrs, 87gms.....................Hartlett - 23yrs, 75gms
Polec - 21yrs, 24gms.....................Wingard - 20yrs 50gms.....................Wines - 19yrs, 32gms
DOMINATION IS ON ITS WAY!

At least you can admit you’re a bandwagon supporter champ
I preferred Port under Primus. Bandwagon the wrong word. Strongly principled. Cannot stand Koch or
Hinkley and neither do you but you keep bitching about it instead of actually doing something about it. You are what I would describe as loyal yet weak. A lemming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back