Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

One person or a small number of persons were offended by what happened at a private function so they snitch and now the details of what happened are available to literally anyone in the world to be offended by.

It's all part of the AFL dog and pony show where they're the self annointed morally superior arbiters of all that is right and wrong in the world.

Just for the record, right in their view includes excessive promotion of gambling to children, the use of illegal drugs by their players and a player sitting out of Pride Round every year because she doesn't accept homosexuality.
The same admin who probably shagged pigs heads at their private schools and society balls.

Really that bad, I don't know too much about the guy. I was thinking with not knowing what will become of Marshall with his concussions, he may have been handy.

A bit like Josh Schache, just never put it all together

76 games for 77 goals over 8 years.

Last year he famously had an 8 game stint where he didn't kick a goal and Essendon refused to drop him

The craziest part of the GWS party is that Connor Idun (A black guy) was fined for dressing up as Jamie Foxx (A black guy) who was in a movie pretending to be another fictional black guy.. because he was a slave? A slave who was freed and killed about 20 slavers at the end of that movie mind you

We're almost at the ironic point of the AFL being reverse racists for having a problem with that, and therefore, would have to fine themselves.

The craziest part of the GWS party is that Connor Idun (A black guy) was fined for dressing up as Jamie Foxx (A black guy) who was in a movie pretending to be another fictional black guy.. because he was a slave? A slave who was freed and killed about 20 slavers at the end of that movie mind you

We're almost at the ironic point of the AFL being reverse racists for having a problem with that, and therefore, would have to fine themselves.

Considering Connor Idun is half black they (AFL) were possibly fining him on his other half which is white portraying a Black man with no European heritage :tearsofjoy:

Yeah, I must admit to qualified bafflement at some of the revelations.

“A player dressed as one of the Towers!”

Okay?

Beyond the accusations of ‘misogyny’ and ‘making light of SA allegations’ or whatnot, between the 9/11 and Django Unchained stuff, is it now out of bounds to do bits based on edgy or dark humour amongst friends?

There wouldn’t be a group chat in Australia that would clear that bar.

Oh for the days of the Naked Vicar Show, The Comedy Company and Australia: You're Standing In It, not to mention The Chaser's War on Just About Everything. Con The Fruiterer simply would not survive in this age of cancel culture.

As I posted over on the GWS board the boys should take their show on the road as I would pay good money just to watch it and stick it up the AFL.

Oh for the days of the Naked Vicar Show, The Comedy Company and Australia: You're Standing In It, not to mention The Chaser's War on Just About Everything. Con The Fruiterer simply would not survive in this age of cancel culture.

As I posted over on the GWS board the boys should take their show on the road as I would pay good money just to watch it and stick it up the AFL.

I watching Trading Places again the other day. This scene had me in stitches as much for the hilarity as the fact it could never be made in this day and age.

Are Collingwood now the most complete team in the league aside from Brisbane?
Losing Daniher weakens Brisbane's forward line massively and creates a pretty big hole in their team. As unconventional as he was he'd kick over 100 goals for them in 2 seasons, and his finals records was good.

Most of that is a bit shit, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see Cooper Hamilton dressed as a plane crashing into someone dressed as a tower.
Shit and distasteful, sure, worth a suspension or fine? Not that I can see. If they were actually harassing people, like a certain Collingwood player has done more than once, through the book at them. Oh wait, one rule for big Vic clubs again doing real shit that should cop a lengthy suspension, another for the peasants over the border of The Holy Land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what did these guys do that was so reprehensible? They were at a private function in a private room and wore fancy dress. One player came as Jarryd Hayne complete with an inflatable doll while a couple of others came as the Twin Towers. One of the players fined is of Ghanian heritage and he committed the offence of dressing up as a black man and acting out a scene from a Quentin Tarantino Movie.

Apparently someone who didn't like what he or she saw made an anonymous complaint on which the AFL acted. I hate anonymous complainers- if you have a complaint at least have the guts to put your name to it.

We live in an age where the thought police are everywhere you don't actually have to offend anyone but simply act in a manner that might offend someone. Of course if the AFL had not made such a big issue of this the entire episode would probably have gone unnoticed.

Once again the AFL strives to protect it's corporate image.

I hope the AFLPA take this issue up.

I don't even think most would mind the over the top penalties, if we had any confidence a similar penalty would have been enforced if it was Collingwood, Carlton or Richmond players. None of us are naïve enough to believe that'd have happened though, even if it'd have happened at the same time.

Lyon, Fagan, Clahko, Carey = Nothing to see here.

Toby Greene exists in a room where someone is telling a joke = OH MY GOD

Last edited:
One person or a small number of persons were offended by what happened at a private function so they snitch and now the details of what happened are available to literally anyone in the world to be offended by.

It's all part of the AFL dog and pony show where they're the self annointed morally superior arbiters of all that is right and wrong in the world.

Just for the record, right in their view includes excessive promotion of gambling to children, the use of illegal drugs by their players and a player sitting out of Pride Round every year because she doesn't accept homosexuality.
The complaint doesn't even come from a member of the bar's staff that was working at the function.

Its from a staff member that saw the incidents while reviewing CCTV footage from the private function.

The complaint doesn't even come from a member of the bar's staff that was working at the function.

Its from a staff member that saw the incidents while reviewing CCTV footage from the private function.

This is not a comment on whether the behaviour of the GWS players was right or wrong or in between but snitches like this do what they do purely for their own ego and sense of self importance, the motivation is the opposite of pure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back