Port Power just pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

Crow-mosone said:
clearly we are going to enjoy this weekend, just deal with it, and wait for next week.
Fair enough, we all knew the time had to come and it's not like we don't have enough to come back at you with. ;)

jmorg1 said:
I think 'Soft' is a more appropriate description.

So much for the team that 'exists to win premierships'.

I wouldn't say soft, i'd say unfit. When Drew Banfield burns off Byron Pickett you know your team is in trouble.

Infamy said:
Port now have the worst percentage in the competition and need to win at least 7 more games (probably 8) out of 12 remaining, just to make the finals.
They only have 6 more games at AAMI Stadium, one of them is against Adelaide and the rest are interstate
3 of those games are definitely winnable against Collingwood, Carlton & Brisbane, but they would definitely want to start a winning streak no later than after StKilda next weekend

St Kilda vs Port Adelaide Aurora Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs AAMI Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn AAMI Stadium
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Telstra Dome
Port Adelaide vs Melbourne AAMI Stadium
Geelong vs Port Adelaide Skilled Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Richmond AAMI Stadium
Kangaroos vs Port Adelaide Manuka Oval
Carlton vs Port Adelaide M.C.G.
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide AAMI Stadium
Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide Gabba
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle AAMI Stadium

11 and a half wins (they need 8 more) should see them into 8th position, but after today's performance, they don't look like winning another game.

Infamy said:
Port now have the worst percentage in the competition and need to win at least 7 more games (probably 8) out of 12 remaining, just to make the finals.
They only have 6 more games at AAMI Stadium, one of them is against Adelaide and the rest are interstate
3 of those games are definitely winnable against Collingwood, Carlton & Brisbane, but they would definitely want to start a winning streak no later than after StKilda next weekend

St Kilda vs Port Adelaide Aurora Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs AAMI Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn AAMI Stadium
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Telstra Dome
Port Adelaide vs Melbourne AAMI Stadium
Geelong vs Port Adelaide Skilled Stadium
Port Adelaide vs Richmond AAMI Stadium
Kangaroos vs Port Adelaide Manuka Oval
Carlton vs Port Adelaide M.C.G.
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide AAMI Stadium
Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide Gabba
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle AAMI Stadium
Percentage does not mean much as we have 1/2 a game.
Nothing has changed from last week wrt making finals. We basically had to win one of WCE or St Kilda games, and that is still the case.
Today's insipid performance hopefully was the loss we had to have in order to shake up a few people at the Club that seem to be giving a message (rightly or wrongly) that we have started accepting mediocrity.

Ljp86 said:
I wouldn't say soft, i'd say unfit. When Drew Banfield burns off Byron Pickett you know your team is in trouble.

Im sure Byron will get a few more beers into him this week and he will come out firing next week. ;)

Infamy said:

Because of the draw percentage is irrelevant to us, but as far as I can tell, so is any thought of making the finals.

Ford Fairlane said:
Because of the draw percentage is irrelevant to us, but as far as I can tell, so is any thought of making the finals.

Yep, not much point even discussing it. I'd be happy with a hard-fought win right now let alone 8 out of 12.

Port01 said:
Yep, not much point even discussing it. I'd be happy with a hard-fought win right now let alone 8 out of 12.

I'd be happy with a hard fought loss ... :(

What_the said:
Perhaps you should try being an expert on your own team before you try to be one on ours.
Probably the sort of stat you should check before you use it as an example of being pathetic.

Hey, I'm not the one in denial. You lot have been making excuses all year and yet you still don't know what the cause of your problems are. Let me reinforce them for you - lack of midfield rotations (ie insufficient midfielders), an ageing side (8 over 30 this year) and finally no intimidators (only Pickett and he is not the same player as previous years).

By the way, why does your side keep get belted rather than lose a close one . Answer: Your lot throw in the towel and when the tough get going it ain't you lot.

*PAF said:
Percentage does not mean much as we have 1/2 a game.

Yeah it does, if 12 wins is needed to make the top 8, and Port only has 11 and a half, then you will be rueing that drawn game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jod23 said:
Well they are a bottom 4 side playing the best team in the comp at Subi...so a smashing was always on the cards. Just a bit disappointing for Port supporters that it got so bad in the second half.

Calling it just a bit disappointing is like JFK telling Jackie Onassis he felt a bump on the head in Dallas ...

Forget talkin about finals

Our club is bleeding. A pathetic display today has finnaly shown Chocco our real defincies. They have all been said but today rammed home to me that we are finished as a force with this current list. Maybe I was hoping for a turn around but theres just no energy, drive or committment..

Fresh blood - its time for that REBUILDING PHASE

kirky said:
Hey, I'm not the one in denial. You lot have been making excuses all year and yet you still don't know what the cause of your problems are. Let me reinforce them for you - lack of midfield rotations (ie insufficient midfielders), an ageing side (8 over 30 this year) and finally no intimidators (only Pickett and he is not the same player as previous years).
By the way, why does your side keep get belted rather than lose a close one . Answer: Your lot throw in the towel and when the tough get going it ain't you lot.
Blah, Blah and Blah.
You are not telling me anything that I don't already know. Unlike yourself I actually know my own team. Believe me there is no denial, I am well and truely aware of the situation and I don't believe that I have ever said that I'm not or sugar coated it.
I just like pointing out that you know nothing about yours and pretend to know something about ours.
You continually regurgitating what the commentators say is the problem, does not mean that you know what you are talking about but points for trying.

Ljp86 said:
Yeah it does, if 12 wins is needed to make the top 8, and Port only has 11 and a half, then you will be rueing that drawn game.
That is not percentage. :rolleyes:

Looking at the remaining games I still think you guys have the squad that is capable of qualifying for the finals.

May seem like a silly comment at this very moment but we're talking of a side that lost how many games last year?? and I wouldn't call the changes to their list as substantial. They are still capable. And for my second silly comment, could this be the turning point?

Mind you, you won't be shocked to know that I'm not going to be shedding any tears if they miss out. :D

Sydney Crow said:
Looking at the remaining games I still think you guys have the squad that is capable of qualifying for the finals.

May seem like a silly comment at this very moment but we're talking of a side that lost how many games last year?? and I wouldn't call the changes to their list as substantial. They are still capable. And for my second silly comment, could this be the turning point?

Mind you, you won't be shocked to know that I'm not going to be shedding any tears if they miss out. :D
Considering Port Adelaide's starting 22 was 77 years older than the Eagles' 22 today, it doesn't look like it will be getting much better in the short term.

PS: C'mon Power.. beat those Saints next week!

ok.crows said:
Hopefully it won't be too bad - the Crows got within 11 points of Eagles in round 1.

But I have to say - what is with this "Crows must play round 22 in Perth" thing? It happens waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too often - four times out of the last six years or something like that.

No worse than the Eagles and Dockers having to travel to that shiithole in Tasmania each and every year - the longest road trip in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Power just pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back