Game Day Port v North at Blundstone

Remove this Banner Ad

Westy deserved a lot more support from the umpires today. Everywhere he went Grima had his jumper, had hands in his back/head/arms/arse.

It's been going on since the Gold Coast game. He gets mauled worse than the camper who thought it was a good idea to play with that cute little bear cub and the umps turn a blind eye. But heaven help him if he gives a defender a nudge back.

Anybody else notice the nice tap on the bum on wells after a rubbish goal

Yeah thought I must have imagined it.Guess not.

When one of their players was taken high (can't remember if it was Swallow or Cunnington at the end) I thought the officiating umpire was going to cry.

nothing has been said about Wingard getting reported (if there has been I missed it) anything to worry about there?
Nothing to worry about, he pulled out of the contest and the bloke went down like he was shot. There was hardly any contact.

"It was an opportunity for me to ask that question (of why Port was hit with 38 free kicks)," said Hinkley.
"I asked that question once Jeff rang me ... he was going to give me some feedback which he still hasn't.

38 free kicks is 25% of North's contested possession count (163)... so what this means is that for every four contests a North player was involved they received a free kick in one of them. Even the most undisciplined team in the history of the game could not muster a ratio like that to go against them without some abnormal intervention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Port v North at Blundstone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back