Game Day Port v North at Blundstone

Remove this Banner Ad

We've started slowly four times this year and some teams will put us away if we give them the chance, if West Coast had kicked straight early last week we could have been out of it at half time. Let's hope they are pumped for a big first half I think if we are close at half time we can run the game out and get the win.

Strange feeling typing that last bit, only last year I would have been typing pretty much the opposite.

We've started slowly four times this year and some teams will put us away if we give them the chance, if West Coast had kicked straight early last week we could have been out of it at half time. Let's hope they are pumped for a big first half I think if we are close at half time we can run the game out and get the win.

Strange feeling typing that last bit, only last year I would have been typing pretty much the opposite.

I've never subscribed to the theory that 'Oh, if we had kicked straight, we would have won'. The fact is, you don't know what would have happened. A goal is scored, the ball gets brought back to the middle, which means the Eagles can't setup a forward press, which is where most of their goals were scored from (on turnovers). There is no guarantee that they would have had as many scoring shots as they did if that was the case.

Lamb Shanks for dinner in, house cleaned, ready for the footy! Bring home the win Port!

Just went and got charcoal, throwing some lamb in the webber. House clean enough... lawns need mowing... eff it I'm on holidays.

Come on Port!

I've never subscribed to the theory that 'Oh, if we had kicked straight, we would have won'. The fact is, you don't know what would have happened. A goal is scored, the ball gets brought back to the middle, which means the Eagles can't setup a forward press, which is where most of their goals were scored from (on turnovers). There is no guarantee that they would have had as many scoring shots as they did if that was the case.
I agree with this 100%.

Many things could happen, and it is way harder (most of the time) to get the ball from a kickout to your goal, than from the centre to your goal.

Get to watch a game live again. Been working last 2 games which is annoying and working again straight after the game so I'll just be watching it at the pub. I'm not confident at all, but I don't think I have been all year and they continue to prove me wrong. Carn the peeaarr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we win this I'm almost certainly going on the North board and booking myself a holiday. I don't remember a more unbearable 1-4 side. I hope their players are that arrogant.
if we i am tagging that pillow biter flog ...till my thumbs are saw....on snake biter whatever his name is

Decided to watch the 2007 prelim as a warmup match...I am so glad that most of these players are gone now. When the rest are gone eg. Ebert it will be a good day

I probably would have had Mitchell as the sub but Paul probably the next best option.
Good to see Schulz playing, he straightens us up and brings the smaller forwards into the game. On paper we look strong but that means 5/8th's of FA. I've honestly go no idea who will win this. Good luck to the boys.

Good to see Mitchell starting today, what a week it's been for him. Hopefully he can finish it off by putting in a top performance today.

Massive game, with most of the so called experts tipping North. Lets prove them wrong and go 6 - 0.

Come on Port!!!

Good luck for today, here's hoping it's a cracking game. I reckon it just might be.

Oh and as a bit of a counterpoint to some of the sparring on here... and as much as I hate to say it... there are plenty of North people who respect what Port have done this year. Five-zip is five-zip.

I really really want to win today. The total disrespect for Port Adelaide is back with many saying how great Norfs are for losing to some top teams and seriously this "Port are still Port" was some ex-footy player's reasoning for picking Norf.

I want this win more than any other so far this season.
If you're referring to the sole North dickhead on our forum, he doesn't speak for all of us. In fact the fact that Port came back and beat us last year makes him even more of a dickhead. We desperately need the win, and we've been playing reasonably well, but it's not a slight on Port Adelaide (apart from one moron), who I think have been fantastic to date this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Port v North at Blundstone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back