Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Flat. There's like 3 pages to this thread and no changes thread. Nobody cares anymore.

I think Lord comes out for Marshall. We need marks up the ground, our transitional ball movement is absolutely laughable.

Georgiades and Dixon playing closer to goal and Marshall as the lead up CHF is our best setup.

Yes he’s developing but the goals in that final were partly opportunistic, go back and take a look.
Kicking opportunistic goals are part of being a forward and a handy trait he has, Dixon got away with two in the back frees tonight that were blatant he's cooked and I can't wait until he's pissed off & forgotten.

Crappy weather for past two days didint help with crowd size... Nether did playing Richmond
Meh, I would have gone if Hinkley wasn't still coach. Current state of our club was why I didn't, and I'm sure many, many more would think the same. Weather didn't look too bad as the day was unfolding today.

The impatience with Lord is ridiculous he's a developing KPF, need I remind he kicked 4 in a final last year not 4 against the cellar dweller like 'King Charles' tonight eh.
'King Charles' kicked more goals than Mitch tonight against those same cellar dwellers...

The forward line was top heavy and Richmond cleared it out too easily and burned us on transition.

Last quarter when we took Lord off and swapped in Narkle we stopped that easy movement out of our defence and their scoring dried up. Narkle should have kicked at least 3 goals, of our 4.8 he kicked 4 points.

I know people here are largely not fans of Dixon but he was huge tonight. Managed to get away with a couple of sneaky pushes but clunked some strong one grab marks and converted well. Did some reasonable ruck minutes too. Credit where it's due tonight.

Georgie was handy, some deadly set shots from pockets split the middle.

Ollie went back to Quadzilla days tonight. Spoke to RussellEbertHandball at half time who said he was watching Ollie park himself over the ball and feed it out.

If Esava is mentoring Jacob Moss someone tell Moss that those kicks across the ground at full back to opposition players in front of goal are not what we are looking for.

A lot of people who I have seen at the footy every week since day one at Adelaide Oval didn't turn up tonight.

Dixon was excellent and has been excellent for us for years as a true number one forward. I'm happy to see him get some form. Sure it's just Richmond, but Balta is no slouch.

He has been out of form and/or playing injured for a coupla years now and the disrespect people now show him is outlandish, although I feel it may be due to his less than thoughtful comments towards supporters in the past.

In the end, he's still our best key forward when he's in form, which he was tonight. Whether he backs it up is another story, but it's obvious Mitch can play well with him. Just need another key forward to step up and not be invisible, play from behind and be second to the ball constantly.

People may not want Dixon to play well, but he did. There's plenty of hate boners to go around for many other people involved in the football club, so maybe it's okay to give him some kudos this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logan Evans has been one of the big positives of the year, and hopefully he gets rewarded with a rising star nomination. He reads the play well, really solid marking and confident ball use. I hope his success also serves as a big advertisement for our SANFL list spots being a legitimate development pathway for players overlooked in the main draft.

I’ve also enjoyed seeing the continued development of Burgoyne on the wing, and Bergman regain his form after moving down back again.

It’s also been nice to see Sweet to really take his opportunity in the ruck. Nankervis is a solid opponent and Sweet managed to get the better of him for most of their match up. He seems to be developing better chemistry in the middle, and has been getting some nice taps to advantage over the past few weeks.

Yes we played the bottom team but they still had balta on dixon whos no slouch of a defender 1v1 and on rebound. Pregame i thought hobbling dixon would get torched so for the return we got he did quite well.

Ratagoulea is Pittard dumb. Yeah its funny the first few times but when you continually bombscare every single time you dispose of the ball or even get near it but on the odd occasion do something cool defensively your place in the team and even in the afl isnt worth it. I really cant think of any player off the top of my head as bomb scary as pittard who eventually got the boot from north of all places, that in turn actually had a successful career. Esava isnt even nearing that territory he is in it.

I think Scully is the successor to Dixon not Lord. Lord is getting games because we legitimately have no other options and he has the fitness to chase and run out games. Scully isnt near that right now. Lord runs under balls and continually competes with one arm whacky wavy inflatable man trying to mark the ball. The dude is 195cms tall and is not the slowest youd think he would use these assets to his advantage but he cant read the ball or create separation right now.

This win doesn’t feel like a win. It just feels like eating a cold bowl of soup. It gets the gut full and just does that. I’m so sick of these up-and-down performances, and yes, we are at the point of the season where we just have to get wins on the board, but we are going backwards. Richmond tonight carved us up like ham at Christmas lunch. Their ability to score coast to coast from D50 to F50 and waltz through the damn ****ing corridor makes me sick. If Richmond had had enough in the tank, they would have won, imo, and created the biggest boilover in a long time. Carlton up next, and there isn’t enough holy water in the state to protect as the beatdown will get on Friday. I feel flat, like, when is this going to end? Surely a 90-point beatdown would fix that, but who knows? It feels like the end isn’t coming with Ken and the boys club. Speaking of the boys, What’s up with Chris Davies and his application for the Richmond CEO job that convinced no one in the mainstream media to speak about it? I find that very odd, but anyway, another Fr. Ken Hinkley at the helm of our football club. God help us all.

Thought the first half of the game was hard to watch. Highlights in the second half were Bergman, George, Logan Evans, Sweet, Dixon and Ollie. Good to see some strong overhead marks in wet conditions.

Williams too slow, Esava giving Pittard energy, wasn't one of JHF's best but at his age he's not going to be in the best every week.

Carlton will kill us next week if we start how we began tonight but this season isn't making a lot of sense - Geelong lose at home against the Doggies who we thrashed.

I don't think it's unfair to say that the majority of people left on this forum don't enjoy a win - they prefer to stick to the negative. Misery loves company.
I think it's fair to say that you should keep a lid on it after beating the 18th side when they have half of their first 22 out.

A win against Carlton would be a different story though.

I don't think it's unfair to say that the majority of people left on this forum don't enjoy a win - they prefer to stick to the negative. Misery loves company.
So you think up until 2019 or so the threads were longer for losses than wins? I doubt it. This forum used to celebrate wins like any other.

Literally everyone enjoys and prefers winning. We all want H&A wins to finish higher and get home finals to take us to a flag.

This administration and its endless doubling down on the muppet have killed this dream because we know wins won't lead us anywhere. We've lost our last 3 home finals and still no change comes. We're just over it.

Get a new coach in and see who "doesn't enjoy winning".

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back