• Port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

• Draw

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn Ford, just a wealth of investigative news :).

That's a huge out for them. I have no idea who Trent West is. Does anyone know much about the guy?

Ahh well, just saw it on the main board :eek:. Know nothing about West.

Pretty big out tho (no pun intended) - Ottens usually does some damage against us.

He sure does. Great ruckman now, IMO.

Just so big, and so damn hard to get around. Very good up forward when he has a rest too.

And I tend to think he really does give them extra punch in their physical front too, not that they won't still be very strong on that level.

My ignorance will show here, as I really don't know too much about their other ruck stocks, but surely If Brogan plays we should have a decisive edge on that level atleast.

Still, it's Geelong. And they are such a damn strong side all over the ground. Just hope we can, at the very least, have a true Port Adelaide effort to match the side I regard as being able to play the most Port like (the old style Port footy - not flashy, just hard, team orientated, good footy) I have seen for sometime.

Know nothing about West.

FYI

He was picked up back in the 2005 draft, a second round pick, obviously rated him as a junior, was selected as a project player and I expect him to still be very green! At 198cm’s and 102kg’s isn’t’ under size but at the age of 20 should be under strength! Will be quite a player in a few years but at this point in time has not got a mature enough body to excel at the highest level, Plays like a Hamish McIntosh with a bit of Stephen King!

many geelong supporters believe that west will overtake blake this year and become our 2nd ruckman.West improved a lot last year in the 2nds and IMO is a player with a good future.However he is coming up against the best ruck duo in the afl in his debut so he will struggle big time.You guys will thump us in the ruck no doubts about it.

I was very confident we would win the game know I am expecting it to be a close game ,but i still think we will win.I would be very surprised if our mids don't just ruck to your ruckman

many geelong supporters believe that west will overtake blake this year and become our 2nd ruckman.West improved a lot last year in the 2nds and IMO is a player with a good future.However he is coming up against the best ruck duo in the afl in his debut so he will struggle big time.You guys will thump us in the ruck no doubts about it.

I was very confident we would win the game know I am expecting it to be a close game ,but i still think we will win.I would be very surprised if our mids don't just ruck to your ruckman

And you have that monster Dawson Simpson waiting in the wings.

Hey people, hope you dont mind me dropping in.

I actually think you will beat us with no Ottens, Wojac or Rooke. I have pretty much conceeded the ruck to you, and with players such as Tenace and Byrnes in the team...

Port by 20 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you have that monster Dawson Simpson waiting in the wings.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his stats, massive!

19 years old, 206cm 105kg :eek:

But anyway, as GC26 stated :)eek:) alot of people rate West highly. He is better around the ground than Blake is at the moment, but very unproven.

I concede the ruck contests to your blokes already. But I have faith in our mids and backmen to win the game for us.

Cats by 3 goals at most for me.

PS: I think this is the most smilies I have ever used in a single post :)

I've gone from cats by 70 points to now cats by 25. Rooke, Wojak & Otto are massive losses for us.

Rooke would have tagged one of the Burgouyne or Chad.
Wojak gives crucial run out of the backline
Ottens gives us a look in at center bounces and make Lade & Brogan accountable.

Looks like we will loose center clearances by some margin but we should be able to hit Port on the counter attack. Your forwardline doesn't exactly inspire fear and certainly isn't known for its pressure.

Good luck Port, my confidence on this one is not sky high.

You beat us when we had some very important players out in rd 21 and it might happen again.

You should dominate the ruck, and losing Rooke hurts because he usually plays well against you. Tip as a footy supporter, Port by 3.

As a Cats supporter, draw.

If we can't beat them tonight, we never will.

For our own good and that of the competition, we really have to knock the stuffings out of this invincibility tag that Geelong now seem to have - one which we helped to create by our dismal performance in the GF last year. They are a very good side, but they are beatable. They have a lot of superstars but they also have some duds that played well above themselves last year. These guys need to be exploited, because at the moment for whatever reason (mainly confidence) they have an air of infalibility which must be kicked out of them.

Nothing will change the horror that was last years GF, but tonight the PAFC must take a stand.

I've gone from cats by 70 points to now cats by 25. Rooke, Wojak & Otto are massive losses for us.

Rooke would have tagged one of the Burgouyne or Chad.
Wojak gives crucial run out of the backline
Ottens gives us a look in at center bounces and make Lade & Brogan accountable.

Looks like we will loose center clearances by some margin but we should be able to hit Port on the counter attack. Your forwardline doesn't exactly inspire fear and certainly isn't known for its pressure.

I don't know where this forward line opinion has come from other than a dirty GF day. Ebert and Motlop were fantastic last year for their forward defensiveness, especially Motlop. Adding to that they are both 2 or 3 goal a game players, Motlop is a freak. Under estimate Tredrea at your peril IMo, he was a gun and still is, injured last year his defensive pressure and 1%ers were also all class.

Westhoof and Rodan were also very good and throw into the forward mix rotations or B Lade, S Burgoyne, possibly C Cornes I think it's a very threatening offensive unit.

Defensively for us is where the questions lie and I honestly think we will need Chad down there with Brogan for support to give us a life line. So to conflict my above statement I would be suprised if Chad doesn't play as a defensive onballer moreso than an offensive onballer.

Just my opinion.

Either way, it should be an exciting and attacking game.

Another question I'll raise here.

Port has been mocked for losing by 119 points, but as supporters what would we have preferred our side to do in the GF, admit at half time we had no chance of winning flood and lose by 60 or 70 or continue to TRY atatcking and take the game on? I would prefer the later and even though it ended up being an absolute thrashing by a team much more mature than ours I was still proud of the boys effort over the year. The produce alot of hihglights for me eg Hawks in Tassie, Geelong in Geelong and that final against West Coast and North.

I am sure all the negative comments will only galvanise the team and our supporters.

Im getting pretty pumped up now. Cant wait till tonight!

Same, I wish I was going but can't but this is the most excited I have been for rnd 1 since 02 I reckon....

Nothing will change the horror that was last years GF, but tonight the PAFC must take a stand.

That's it for me too.

Win, lose or draw, all I want to see is a Port side prepared to do the hard things, and no matter what the result, being able to walk off the field with their heads held high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port vs. Geelong @ AAMI Stadium Game Thread

Back