Game Day Port vs Hawks semi Final. .. I did it my way ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some bets earlier in the week, based on the Qual loser being under-rated relative to Elim winner.

But you lot have completely dented my confidence. Seems like the best chance you believe you have of winning is if Hinkley is sacked pre-match?

The guy who got you to finish second on the ladder. Lord what I wouldn't give to finish 2nd on the ladder and go out in straight sets.
Your club was supposed to have him at this point and our inept board blocked it. Would've solved both of our issues.

Paul Roos - "Port have got way more talent than Hawthorn, but Hawthorns system is way better than Ports. So this is a talent game versus a system game".

Fair to say Roosey is not a fan of Kens coaching.
Apparently unlike Ken, Sam Mitchell can kick it for them

Paul Roos - "Port have got way more talent than Hawthorn, but Hawthorns system is way better than Ports. So this is a talent game versus a system game".

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Port supporters actively cheering and hoping for port to lose should be ashamed of themselves.
at no point should you hate the coach more than you love the team.

port have now entered underdog status. everyone is expecting them to lose. they will win and go on to the GF after beating sydney next week.
FB_IMG_1726107903095.jpg

Port supporters actively cheering and hoping for port to lose should be ashamed of themselves.

port have now entered underdog status. everyone is expecting them to lose. they will win and go on to the GF after beating sydney next week.
What about those that want Port to win above all else, and doing so means wanting to get rid of the constants in the many years of failure?

who are you to tell people how they should support

BLOODY RIGHT!!

Port will win tonight mark my words. Absolutely set up for a Hinkley special. Whenever the pressure is highest on his job he somehow wiggles free like Peter Burgoyne used to do from a would be tackler.

who are you to tell people how they should support
I'm with Zorbasban. Fact of the matter is if you wish for Port to lose under any circumstances- you are not a Port supporter.

That is not an opinion of mine, it is a simple definition. If you disagree, you don't need a new coach, you need a dictionary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pal we have had the chokers tag before we won the 04 flag.
We only lost it for 3 years and regained it in 07.
17 years and still going strong.
What you think, you become.
What you feel, you attract.
What you imagine, you create.

I played enough sport to know I wasn’t always going to win. But win, lose or draw I could walk off the field and hold my head high if I performed to the best of my ability

Goodluck Port, best of luck, go and get these overconfident cocky Hawks, and that little arrogant turd Ginnivan Hope he has as bad a game for Dawks, as he had for my mob in the Grand Final. Karma can be a right bitch at times, Ginni. !
Can we wear our bars?

I am starting to look forward to watching the match, something I was dreading a week ago. I think it is because I live in Melbourne and every news report features sickly footage of cocky Hawk supporters, and commentators blowing wind up their collective clackers! I am ready to punch the TV!

So I have swung a full 180deg ... I want Port to smash this lot!

Win, lose, or draw, the curtain is falling on the Hinkley show, and we will soon see the back of him. So, I dont give a stuff if winning gets him another game as coach .... Just beat those w***ers!

Last edited:
I'm with Zorbasban. Fact of the matter is if you wish for Port to lose under any circumstances- you are not a Port supporter.

That is not an opinion of mine, it is a simple definition. If you disagree, you don't need a new coach, you need a dictionary.
Blind faith works well in cult religions too. Challenging the herd mentality has merit if the subject has desire to positively evolve. It's the difference between progression and regression. Port Adelaide has always stood for progression. I can guarantee you the Port fans over the past 100 years have pined for change with loud voices and shook fists, which would've at times diverted from the club's narrative. This is no different except for our doors being slightly more open to the world these days for external criticism to seep in. Port supporters aren't this way by coincidence.

I am starting to look forward to watching the match, something I was dreading a week ago. I think it is because I live in Melbourne and every news report features sickly footage of cocky Hawk supporters, and commentators blowing wind up their collective clackers! I am ready to punch the TV!

So I have swung a full 180deg ... I want Port to smash this lot!

Win, lose, or draw, the curtain is falling the Hinkley show, and we will soon see the back of him. So, I dont give a stuff if winning gets him another game as coach .... Just beat those w***ers!
agreed, said it all along, we'll win tonight and shut those f*ckers up

Fact of the matter is if you wish for Port to lose under any circumstances- you are not a Port supporter.

life is much more complicated than you're pretending. the current situation of the PAFC is much more complicated than you're pretending. support isn't as black and white as you're pretending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back