Game Day Port vs Hawks semi Final. .. I did it my way ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blind faith works well in cult religions too. Challenging the herd mentality has merit if the subject has desire to positively evolve. It's the difference between progression and regression. Port Adelaide has always stood for progression. I can guarantee you the Port fans over the past 100 years have pined for change with loud voices and shook fists, which would've at times diverted from the club's narrative. This is no different except for our doors being slightly more open to the world these days for external criticism to seep in. Port supporters aren't this way by coincidence.
it is possible to want both Port to win and Hinkley to go. It is not part of to be happy if Port is to lose this match.

Port will win tonight mark my words. Absolutely set up for a Hinkley special. Whenever the pressure is highest on his job he somehow wiggles free like Peter Burgoyne used to do from a would be tackler.

I love that you chose a player who famously got caught by a tackler playing on in the goal square of an important final.

Port will win tonight mark my words. Absolutely set up for a Hinkley special. Whenever the pressure is highest on his job he somehow wiggles free like Peter Burgoyne used to do from a would be tackler.
Better hope no way does a Peter and immediately play on after taking a mark in the goal square only to get tackled.

Still not all sold on the Hawthorn Hysteria.
Played a couple of sanfl sides to finish off the season and got over the one way Dogs last week.
If we lead at qtr time I reckon we win.

Hawks don't often win off the back of first quarter leads (Richmond being an odd exception). It's usually the third where the most damage is done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foo Fighters Reaction GIF

I am the least confident I've ever been before a game. Hawks are full of confidence, nothing to lose, young and excited and it seems they have nearly everyone getting behind them, even our own 300 gamers.

We have everything to lose, set up for another total embarrassment, missing some of our best players and it looks like we're bringing in a rookie with half a game experience to cover nearly our best player.

We are not winning this one.

On the plus side, this time it is surely Ken's last game.

The “go tall” tactic is very interesting. I expect Rat goes back and Marshall, Georgiades and Dixon (2nd ruck) play forward. So it’s 3 tall backs on Chol, Dear and Gunston releasing Bergman to play on a small.

However, playing Dixon at all after his poor showing last week, is an attempt to stretch their defence- Serong 193,Sicily 188, Weddle 191 and Schrimshaw 194 will struggle- Weddle and Schrimshaw (despite his height) are not key position players.

Trying to exploit an opposition’s lack of true key position backs is the same tactic opposition teams used on us unsuccessfully 13 games in a row last year. Aliir and McKenzie were often outsized but came out on top- until late season and finals.

Moments after 2023 ended, we recruited two B-Grade key backs to cover this deficiency. Tonight we try and exploit that same deficiency in Hawthorn. It will be great to watch what happens.

Even though I expect the hawks to win, it still rubs me off the wrong way to see and hear the media easily dismissing Port and all of them joining on the hawks bandwagon.
Yeah the media, Ken's a genius, a mastermind, the best coach in the last decade, 7th placed Hawks to beat 2nd placed Port at home lol.
Do they even know what they are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back