Game Day Port vs Hawks semi Final. .. I did it my way ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any game scarier than a home final played at night?

If the players believe that their Daddy Donuts' job is on the line then they might actually show up. Unfortunately for Hinkley he has made a big point of him being contracted for next season.

Hawthorn by 27.

I am the least confident I've ever been before a game. Hawks are full of confidence, nothing to lose, young and excited and it seems they have nearly everyone getting behind them, even our own 300 gamers.

We have everything to lose, set up for another total embarrassment, missing some of our best players and it looks like we're bringing in a rookie with half a game experience to cover nearly our best player.

We are not winning this one.

On the plus side, this time it is surely Ken's last game.
This is exactly why it wouldn’t surprise me if we win
I am a bit of a contrarian & ports are bipolar
Either way we should know in the first minutes if ports have turned up to play or if they will shite the bed again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hawthorn could be quite easily derailed by a disciplined, hard-working side with an effective game plan, but that's not us so I can't see us winning. Losing Houston is a huge blow, Farrell to a lesser extent - we now don't have one defender I'd trust with ball in hand. We need to use it well, continually giving it back to them will be disastrous with their spread and speed.

Picking an extra tall seems to indicate Ken will be doubling down on his ultra-successful bomb it long and hope game plan. It'll be such a treat seeing the master tactician at work again.

Port supporters actively cheering and hoping for port to lose should be ashamed of themselves.
at no point should you hate the coach more than you love the team.

port have now entered underdog status. everyone is expecting them to lose. they will win and go on to the GF after beating sydney next week.
I've got four figures on the Hawks and I don't feel ashamed. Already made four figures last week, might as well cash in one last time.

I just hope a competitive outfit turns up tonight. Another insipid performance like last last week would be absolutely unbearable.

Ken believes he is going nowhere regardless of tonight's result and knowing Koch he may be right. If we loose tonight the only way to get rid of Hinkley may be so sort of fan based demonstration.

As hard as it is we have to believe we can win. If we don't we won't.

I think Hawthorn could be quite easily derailed by a disciplined, hard-working side with an effective game plan, but that's not us so I can't see us winning. Losing Houston is a huge blow, Farrell to a lesser extent - we now don't have one defender I'd trust with ball in hand. We need to use it well, continually giving it back to them will be disastrous with their spread and speed.

Picking an extra tall seems to indicate Ken will be doubling down on his ultra-successful bomb it long and hope game plan. It'll be such a treat seeing the master tactician at work again.

Yeah poor Kenny just doesn't have the players, give him 5 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back