Blitzkrieg Boy

Debutant
Nov 4, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I would be quite surprised if we beat the Swans.
I think the Swans are the toughest team for us to play against at the moment. The Swans' tackles are the perfect counter to our running midfield, the smaller ground also help them qite a bit.
Their rucks isn't bad either, Spida + Jolly
From the game I've seen, I thought the way we win always seem to be ruck and midfield domination generating entries for forwards. If we can overrun Sydney rather than die a slow boring death, then I would think we will make the 8 if not the four for sure.

Opinions?

With the pace the guys have this season, Im sure that we can out run the Swans who are renowned for their slow game.

I have seen all of our NAB Cup games this season and watched 2 Swan games and Im sure that we can beat them Friday night and in the regular season.

We have young guys that are more than capable of getting the hard ball and running down the field..

Look out Sydney.. we are coming to get you

It's a trial game, so anything's possible. Sydney aren't renowned for pre-season form, so even if we do win there's not a lot to be read into it. The important thing is that our players show more progress in working together under the game plan, and the younger players show more form. And that we look like settling our forward structure for Rd 1.

But whatever you do, don't mention the smaller ground. It seems to upset our Sydney based supporters. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it ... ;)

[YOUTUBE]5MbeT7_ARm8[/YOUTUBE]

Sydney will obviously be a better side than us this year. But as we learnt playing in successive finals campaigns can take it out of you. We have had an extra month or two to rest and prepare which should give us the edge early on in the season.

Plus we have a lot of players who still need to prove themselves and play for a round 1 spot. Sydney would probably already know who will be in their side baring injuries round 1.

Hi Ford, dont know what you where going on about small ground. Telstra is 5 meters smaller then footy park? Yep you are right sydney are a very slow starters we have this year won our 1st trial game in three years. Its the same story who really thinks carlton or brisbane will be in the 8 this year. Trial games are just that.

Hi Ford, dont know what you where going on about small ground. Telstra is 5 meters smaller then footy park? Yep you are right sydney are a very slow starters we have this year won our 1st trial game in three years. Its the same story who really thinks carlton or brisbane will be in the 8 this year. Trial games are just that.

I think they're getting it confused with the SCG. Quite ammusing:D

Only my opinion but i think it's really like a litmus test particularly for our younger players to see who can stand the pressure of playing a quality opponent (a top 4 side) who play extremely consistent football & are one of the best drilled sides in the AFL. I know that if i was Chocco i would rather be playing a tougher opponent a couple of weeks before the opening bounce. It's almost like a few years ago when we had a great rivalry playing against Brisbane, it's a good test to see where we need to improve not only individually but as a team, as the Swans are known for working extremely hard for each other out on the field. I would be happy if we get within 3 goals of them tonight, but the most important thing is that we don't cop any injuries/reports. Should be a good contest & it'll be interesting to see how well our forward line functions.

Hi Ford, dont know what you where going on about small ground. Telstra is 5 meters smaller then footy park?

I think they're getting it confused with the SCG. Quite ammusing:D

Is everyone touchy about this subject? It's 5m shorter and 15m narrower than Footy Park. I think that qualifies as smaller ... oops I might've mentioned it then, but I think I got away with it ;)

not touchy, just thought you where thinking game was at scg. which is to short for afl footy but thats another story. Its interesting as last two years we have played our best footy at Telstra which is a good size footy oval and would be good to play more games there in years to come. The theory that sydney play best footy on smaller ovals i think has stopped.

Gossip, Ford was just playing on a comment made my Rucci in the paper early in the week about the confied spaces of TS compared to Footy Park. It's all crap. It's wider than Kardina Park. CHF's enjoy it more than SCG, especially Barry.

Ford is Krakouer your buddy player? What nickname are you going with, Krak, Krakinator or Krakatoua? I told Mark at TPFP that I would write a review Roy and HG style so I gotta give all the boys decent nicknames. I'll put the review on here later tonight/early tomorrow.

Gossip, Ford was just playing on a comment made my Rucci in the paper early in the week about the confied spaces of TS compared to Footy Park. It's all crap. It's wider than Kardina Park. CHF's enjoy it more than SCG, especially Barry.

If I was going to pick on a ground for being cramped, confined etc, it would be the Unley Playground. But my perception might be coloured by some horrible memories of trips there.

Ford is Krakouer your buddy player? What nickname are you going with, Krak, Krakinator or Krakatoua? I told Mark at TPFP that I would write a review Roy and HG style so I gotta give all the boys decent nicknames. I'll put the review on here later tonight/early tomorrow.

Special K (just to mix it up a little more) is indeed my buddy. Feel free to go with whatever fits best with your literary style. Krak will at least save you a few keystrokes. In Roy & HG style will you call Rodan 'the brick with eyes'? (Glen Lazarus's moniker from the boys).

In Roy & HG style will you call Rodan 'the brick with eyes'? (Glen Lazarus's moniker from the boys).

The Brick with Eyes stays with Lazarus. It was one of the boys classic best. I haven't really noticed that Rhodan is in the same league as the Brick. I will consult with my colleague who will take the Rampaging Roy Slaven role. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Port vs. Swans opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back