Positives and Negatives vs Adelaide Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Positives:
Tyrone Vickery kicked a bag, despite a dislocated shoulder in the third term.
Kingy and Nahas both had a huge impact.
Tackles. Everybody apart from O'Reilly laid one and Dustin with a huge 9.
Forward Pressure: In the first 10 minutes of the last quarter they could barely get it out of our forward half.
Cotchin stepping up again as leader.
Negatives:
O'Reilly: He didn't have much impact on the game, having Dea in would have made a much larger difference.
Kicking efficiency: In that first half our efficiency by foot was below 50%, poor effort.
Post: His man kicked 5, did a few good things but it does not look good for him. Also had some poor kicking.
Umpiring: Again, the umpires tried to screw us over again, I went ******* when they didn't pay the mark to Cotchin in our defensive 50.

Positives:
-Second Half, Turning it around with the likes of Miller and Riewoldt making up for there poor first halfs.
-Cotchin's leadership and setting the standard for the rest of the team.
- Vickery's game having a real break through season kicked well, marking was great, fighting through the pain and not letting his shoulder get the better of him was first class.
- The two partners in crime Robbie Nahas and Jakey King run all day put so much presure on the Crows defence and kicked goals.
- Dustin Martin, I love the guy nothing else needed to say.
-Webberly coming on and making a inpact agian

Negatives:
-First half, espicaly our kicking just was not good enough.
- Not making the most of our shots on goal proberly should have kicked another two or three.
-Im not sure what it is to blame either our zones to high or just not running hard enough but we had the same issue as last week we conceded to many goals on the counter attack. It must be stoped.
- I dont like singling out players for starters if Post wants to keep his spot in the team his kicking must improve and he shouldnt alow someone in there 14th game to kick 5 goals on him.

Changes:
Out: O'Reilly - Sadly i just dont think he will make it
In: Dea - If fit if not no changes.

Positives:
-Second Half, Turning it around with the likes of Miller and Riewoldt making up for there poor first halfs.
-Cotchin's leadership and setting the standard for the rest of the team.
- Vickery's game having a real break through season kicked well, marking was great, fighting through the pain and not letting his shoulder get the better of him was first class.
- The two partners in crime Robbie Nahas and Jakey King run all day put so much presure on the Crows defence and kicked goals.
- Dustin Martin, I love the guy nothing else needed to say.
-Webberly coming on and making a inpact agian

Negatives:
-First half, espicaly our kicking just was not good enough.
- Not making the most of our shots on goal proberly should have kicked another two or three.
-Im not sure what it is to blame either our zones to high or just not running hard enough but we had the same issue as last week we conceded to many goals on the counter attack. It must be stoped.
- I dont like singling out players for starters if Post wants to keep his spot in the team his kicking must improve and he shouldnt alow someone in there 14th game to kick 5 goals on him.

Changes:
Out: O'Reilly - Sadly i just dont think he will make it
In: Dea - If fit if not no changes.

I am a supporter of young Post...but his game today is a damming indictment...very disappointing...

O'reilly as well...shame...maybe he needs a couple of games to get up to AFL standard...perhaps...

Webberley...am pleased...

I'm prepared to be patient with Post. I think with a big preseason, a string of games under the belt and some more self-confidence (which will come) he could make CHB his own.

To be honest some of Gunstons goals on Post were what I would call softies. For example Rances rushed behind and there was another couple of instances where we turned it over and it went straight back to Gunston. Didn't think his game was as bad as it looked.

Positives:

-Cotchin massive in the 2nd half. Is kicking clutch/captains goals lately.
-Rance had a pretty good game. Coughed up goal from the intentional rushed behind and slipped over a bit but did a good job on Walker.
-Vickery's 4. Has insane agility for a 2m tall bloke.
-King and Nahas both good, pressured well.
-Fighting back from 4 goals down to dominate away from home.
-Deledio is very hard to tackle. So fast and is starting to get very strong through the hips. Just seems to get it off even once they've layed the tackle.

Negatives:

-Farmer gave up at least 2 goals in the 2nd quarter simply from being to slow to keep up with his opponent.
-Post was pretty bad.
-O'Reilly didn't really have an impact.

-The fight behind the cheer squad. Did anyone closer hear what was said to start it?

Positives:

Cotchin: Absolutely phenomenal when the game was in the balance.

Dusty: Simply mindblowing. The one weakness in his game, his defensive pressure, was absolutely superb today. 9 Tackles! WOW!

The Dynamic Duo of King and Nahas: Again, their defensive pressure, score involvement and inside 50's were crucial.

Alby Rance: absolutely towelled Walker. Watched the game at a Crow supporting mates place, and he was going ballistic saying Walker has done Sweet **** all, and would the Tigers swap Walker for Rance. XD

Webbers: Impact again as the sub. Think the role really suits him.

JR8: Although he didn't have scoreboard pressure, with only the one major, his footskills are easily the best in the team, bar none. Especially when kicking into the forward fifty to a teammates advantage. Every time he got it about 60-80m out, I knew we would score.

TYriffic Tyrone: Probably his best game this year, and with an injured shoulder no less. Should have had 5-6 goals, but he was simply breathtaking to watch. Never looked like dropping anything that came his way.

Negatives:

Deledio: Made quite a few uncharacteristic errors in the first 3 quarters. Wrong options with his footskills, a couple of his kicks intercepted, selling teammates under pressure. All in all, his worst game of 2011 for mine.

Post: Absolutely taken to the cleaners by Gunston. Needs to work on his positioning in relation to his opponent, and to spoil when the need arises, rather than trying to mark everything.

Our First Half: Absolutely deplorable. Our first half of the first quarter was tremendous, then for 45 minutes after that we couldn't hit the side of a barn with a bazooka. Our footskills were terrible.

The umpiring: Seriously, Gieschen must be removed from this job. This is a national sport and the umpires are sub par to officiate such a high level of the game. Here's an Idea. Use some of the TV rights deal to actually develop umpiring. If this level of umpiring was used in the Grand Final imagine the backlash that the AFL would face from both teams. And fair dinkum penalising Rance for deliberately rushing the behind. He was under pressure, and had no other option.

The shiner on Thursfield: That was one mean black eye.

I will not put Irish down as a negative. It was his first run for the year, coming off a few weeks in the VFL. Showed more than what Griffiths did in his first couple of matches back at AFL Level, and people were more than happy to label that a positive. Seriously, he did a few nice things, his field kicking is pretty accurate for a foreigner.

Positives:
- Our play in the last quarter and a half, totally steam rolled the Crows. That is how we need to play for more than 1-2 quarters if we want to challenge for finals next year.
- Our pressure during that same period. Again we need to play for more than 1-2 quarters like that if we want to take the next step.
- Vickery kicking another 4 to make it 35 for the season. Martin also kicking 30+ for the season as well. By seasons end we should have 5 players with 25+ goals each.

Negatives:
- Our defensive efforts in the first half were shocking to say the least.
- Our second quarter with the breeze nearly cost us the match, against a better side it would have.
- According to some posters us winning. To me posters who put draft picks ahead of winning when playing with such a young side should be ashamed.

Positives
-Vickery kicking 4 and being the target we needed even though he hurt his shoulder
-Cotchin, Martin were just once again brilliant
-Rance on Walker, took him to the cleaners
-Edwards was arguably the most consistent of the Tigers out there, he was fantastic today i thought

Negatives
-Goal Kicking
-Umpiring
-Again there were many costly turnovers

I thought Post did alright, Gunston got some soft ones when the ball got turned over late in the last quarter and he also got one from the incorrect decison against Rance for delibarete. Post gives us a target from the kickouts and he clunked a couple of rippers today especially early

People who criticize Post's game severely know SFA about football. He was not that bad. He provides a mobile tall down back which we need desperately and he is beginning to form a chemistry with Rance. Gunston's goals were often on the rebound and the defense was then caught off their man as they were initially making attacking positions. As was mentioned, one goal was from a howling umpiring mistake too. He also kicked a few when the game was dead at the end.
Ok he did shank a left footer out of bounds but he didn't make too many other mistakes and provided a target for kick outs.
Another preseason and development with Leppa and we will possibly have our CHB for the next 10 years. We just need to give him time and confidence, not hammer him on these boards!

Positives:
* Great second half, especially over there and against the crowd.

Negatives:
* Post and Farmer, but nothing we're not use to.

Positives:
• Cotchin - 3 wins!!!!
• Martin - Jesus Christ when will this guy stop???
• Vickery - 4 goals, could've had 6

Negatives:
• Pick 14
• Disposal efficiency in first half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 of Gunstons goals was when Rance was paid deliberate rushed behind. I think he kicked 3 on Post and 1 on Thursty though

The way Post is starting to fly for grabs...and clunking them, is one of the highlights of today's game. Rapt in his attack on it the last couple of weeks.

Couldn't give a rats if someone kicks a few on him, he's still green as grass. Big improver and keeper.

Really surprised on the paying out on O'Reilly - Playing his first game of the year and what maybe his 3rd or 4th overall.

Thought he looked very composed and he has the thing that for so many years we struggled with - brains. Not a dumb footballer!

Biggest positive for mine is how well Thursty and Rance are working together.... Did Walker and Tippett actually play today?

People are talking up Rances game but Thursty was just as good on Kurt.

How much better and clean do we look in the back half with Rance and Thursty taking possession rather than old fumbles McGuane with his handballs under pressure and long bombs to no one

Post was poor by foot today which let him down, but he's only keeping that spot warm for Grimes.

Most guys played well today and if we kicked straight it was a ten goal win.

No Change next week unless Dea is right to go which he comes back for Irish

The way Post is starting to fly for grabs...and clunking them, is one of the highlights of today's game. Rapt in his attack on it the last couple of weeks.

Couldn't give a rats if someone kicks a few on him, he's still green as grass. Big improver and keeper.

Yeah he spayed a left foot today, but we know how good he is on his left so there's nothing to worry about there. He has a great mark. He just needs to keep working on his pace off the mark and his positioning. Can't wait until Grimes is back teaming with Rance and Post next year :thumbsu:

Post has only played 22 games. He needs a big pre-season and a decent run at it in the ones. O'Reilly hasn't played 5 yet. Think they both deserve a chance.
POSITIVES: Biggest positive is the same as last week. When things seemed to be running against us, we managed to turn it around. Winning interstate is always a positive too. Prime Time TV releasing Jack up the ground is a positive too. He's quite creative and uses the ball pretty well. Like that set-up. Loved our tackling. Spread of goalkickers. Defence.

NEGATIVES: Ball use/decision making in first half. Goal kicking. Got caught out on rebound. I get the feeling Hardwick is trying to teach them a forward press and we are still learning. Once they spring our trap we're wide open.

I cannot believe the garbage being typed about Post on here..... He was absolutely nowhere near as bad as alot on here are making out.... The guy is learning his craft and showing some great signs, HOW CAN THAT SERIOUSLY BE CONSIDERED A 'NEGATIVE'???? We're not talking about a back flanker here, this is a key position developing big pack marking kid.....

Anyway rant over but to add to the positives and negatives, my major negative is one S Grigg.. Perhaps it's because Im not at the ground but to me it looks like he refuses to get out of second gear, its nothing more than a constant lazy jog! In the 1st term Rance got caught out and his man ran on into the goal square and Grigg was the closest to him and seriously he looked like he couldn't give a stuff about helping and sure enough point blank goal to the crows.... Very ordinary effort......

Main positive - looks like we are starting to learn how to win and how valuable is that?

Toothpick_Vic - i agree the biggest postive of all is that we are learning to how to win and play a decent game. Plus, looks like our confidence is back. Now we just need a good pre-season and some good recruits.

One negative is the fact we still don't sheppard or block for teammates , I think I saw one proper sheppard today and it was axel foley

To be honest some of Gunstons goals on Post were what I would call softies. For example Rances rushed behind and there was another couple of instances where we turned it over and it went straight back to Gunston. Didn't think his game was as bad as it looked.

Good call amcre. I don't recall Post being beaten one on one too often today, if at all. Took some good marks, and generally makes good decisions when he has the ball.

Most of Gunston's goals were when the ball was being brought in to the defensive 50 at 100 km/h due to a bad turnover up the ground. Gunston was always going to be able to beat Post on the burst, with someone delivering the ball with absolutely no pressure on them.

Positives

An interstate win.

Another 100+ point score, with Riewoldt only kicking one.

The continued improvement of the core group of players (Rance, Cotchin, Martin etc etc) and the fact that these are guys under 25 y.o. We used to win games like this off a bag from Richo or Bowden getting 38 possessions across the back half.

The ability to come back from behind. In years gone by the team would have just folded.

Really liked Edward's game today. A lot of score involvements. He is really creative in getting clearances.

The backline is becoming quite settled. Did Walker and Tippett play today?

Negatives

Grigg has lost all confidence kicking for goal.

Jackson's decision making at times.

Sloppy skills at times, against the better teams we just get opened up.

King's second quarter, redeemed himself with a great second half.

The quarter and a bit where everyone just goes missing. Hopefully in time this will "be ironed out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives and Negatives vs Adelaide Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back