Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the hatred he would receive in Geelong if he changed his mind.

He's going home for 'family' not to Geelong the team apparently. He could still live in Moggs and do the trip to Melbourne for training if he really wanted, or have a Melbourne house and his Moggs Creek one ;)

They have some potential b graders.( gregson, kolo, murdoch) all later picks. cockatoo is the only young potential a grader they have drafted recently. We should push hard for him to be involved in the pd deal. It hurts them and we know what were getting.

They have a lot of good, honest players in that group but he's (Cockatoo) the only one I look at and think, I can see potential future match winner/All Australian quality there. Gregson, Murdoch, Gore, Thurlow, Lang, Horlin-Smith or any of these other guys being mentioned look like they are going to be handy contributors, but in terms of their value in a Dangerfield trade..

Put it this way, I'd still be expecting 2 first round picks to be coming our way (with maybe our 3rd rounder going to the Cats or a pick downgrade to balance it up) because I don't view any of those players as being anywhere close to the sort of quality Noble and Ogilvie could pick up in the first round themselves or trade in from elsewhere (based on their record in recent years compared to that of Stephen Wells and his team).

The core of the deal must be Geelong's 2015 and 2016 first round picks or equivalent, and Cockatoo is the only one I'd happily look at and say yeah I'd accept him in lieu of either their 2015 or 2016 first round pick.

Short stint in the SANFL means he got dropped
So how is he clear best 22?

His past 3 games should've shown you all you need to see. He is not up to the standard nor the pace any longer...

Same goes for Mackay. Looks like a 50 year old out there, cant lay a tackle and gets caught with the ball every time.
VB got Club Champion votes in 2 of his last 3 games - 4 votes in R23 vs Geelong, 9 votes in the EF vs Bulldogs. Check for yourself if you don't believe me (the link is just below). If you think that means he's not best 22 and not up to the pace any longer, then that speaks volumes about you. It says nothing about VB.
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-09-27/2015-club-champion-every-vote

The fact that you, and many others on BF, quote his last 3 games as making a case against him says that BF is completely incapable of making objective assessments when it comes to the whipping boys.

I'm not defending Mackay. His performances in the finals were putrid. From R9 onwards his performance was completely unacceptable - I'm surprised it took them so long to drop him and even more surprised that he was the player they chose to bring back for the finals.

VB got Club Champion votes in 2 of his last 3 games - 4 votes in R23 vs Geelong, 9 votes in the EF vs Bulldogs. Check for yourself if you don't believe me (the link is just below). If you think that means he's not best 22 and not up to the pace any longer, then that speaks volumes about you. It says nothing about VB.
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-09-27/2015-club-champion-every-vote

The fact that you, and many others on BF, quote his last 3 games as making a case against him says that BF is completely incapable of making objective assessments when it comes to the whipping boys.

I'm not defending Mackay. His performances in the finals were putrid. From R9 onwards his performance was completely unacceptable - I'm surprised it took them so long to drop him and even more surprised that he was the player they chose to bring back for the finals.

He just makes too many simple mistakes.
For every one good thing he does, he stuffs up 3 more.

His turnovers have been costly. I'd like to see the statistics on clangers leading to a score per possession.

Where did VB finish in voting Vader? Is this good enough from a 200 game leader of the club?

ALSO HOLD THE FARKIN PHONE! Getting 'votes' in the b&f is a misnoma. When VB got votes in round 22 he was SIXTEENTH best player on the ground FOR OUR TEAM. 20 players got votes out of 22.

In round 23 he was 11th best on ground.

If you think these are positive results for an experienced player, who just by the way in the last three games (good ones according to you) was outpolled by Atkins, Henderson, Cameron and Hartigan.

You seriously need to look further than "herp derp he got votes in the best and fairest"
In one of those games he was likely worse than 30th best player on the ground.

Last edited:
"It's been revealed that the Demons would be willing to give Patrick Dangerfield $10 million over six years, which is double what he would get if he goes to Geelong.

It's unlikely according to Tim Watson on 1116 SEN that the money would be enough to change his mind and backflip."

So nothing about this then? Personally I don't think it will happen, but if true surely Mardi would want another 4 mil to set up house with.
the demons would be mad to do that.. absolutely mad .. but hey, its still better for us and everyone else because demons will still be a shit bottom dwellers and geelong will continue their downward trend... and not to mention the amount of eggs on their faces haha

I'm just so sick of seeing a 200 gamer panic and put his team mates under pressure or outright turn the ball over under minimum pressure. He absolutely needs to be relegated to depth.
There are definitely times when his disposal lets him down. However, that holds true for every player on the field to some extent. What is also true is that BF collectively is incapable of viewing his games objectively, focusing almost entirely on the bad aspects of his game, while completely ignoring the positive that he does.

Case in point being his last 3 games. Many here have been calling for his head, arguing that he performed poorly in those games. The fact is that he polled Club Champion votes in 2 of those 3 games. The only game (of those 3) where he didn't poll votes was the SF vs Hawthorn - and there were 9 other players who also failed to poll votes in that game.

There are definitely times when his disposal lets him down. However, that holds true for every player on the field to some extent. What is also true is that BF collectively is incapable of viewing his games objectively, focusing almost entirely on the bad aspects of his game, while completely ignoring the positive that he does.

Case in point being his last 3 games. Many here have been calling for his head, arguing that he performed poorly in those games. The fact is that he polled Club Champion votes in 2 of those 3 games. The only game (of those 3) where he didn't poll votes was the SF vs Hawthorn - and there were 9 other players who also failed to poll votes in that game.
No, no it doesn't. Especially for someone of his experience. For a player that gets it as much as he does, should do more with it. Many critical turnovers in the latter half of the year that directly resulted in goals.
Calling for his head based on a whole year body of work. That was enough for most football watchers on here to see that he wasn't a part of any future.

How will Conners have such an influence on the trade stiffy? Obviously hes done it before or it wouldn't be mentioned but i just don't see what he can do other than threaten the draft?
You might want to chat to St. Kilda about Luke Ball ending up at Collingwood. The guy is known to get his players where they want to.

I know a poster who seems to assess our young fringe players like that.

He just makes too many simple mistakes.
For every one good thing he does, he stuffs up 3 more.

His turnovers have been costly. I'd like to see the statistics on clangers leading to a score per possession.

Where did VB finish in voting Vader? Is this good enough from a 200 game leader of the club?
The bolded bit betrays your lack of objectivity. The true ratio is probably the reverse of what you've stated.

Let's take a look at how he polled in the BnF:
R1: 12 (every single player polled votes in this game)
R2: 11
R3: 4
R4: 0
R5: 0
R6: 0
R7: 3
R8: 3 (only 11 of 22 players polled votes in this game - equal lowest for the season)
R9: 6
R10: 4
R11: bye
R12: 1
R13: 0
R14: game cancelled
R15: 0
R16: DNP
R17: DNP
R18: DNP
R19: 10
R20: 6
R21: 1
R22: 7
R23: 4
EF: 9
SF: 0

So.. we can safely say that he (along with everyone else) had a very good start to the season. He also played very well after being recalled from the SANFL towards the end of the season. He struggled in the middle of the year, though his form wasn't anywhere near as bad as Mackay's.

If you believed everything you read on BF, his form was poor from beginning to end.

No, I don't think that lack of consistency should be acceptable for a senior player with 200 games of experience. Mind you, I think he also deserves a bit of leeway after coming back from a serious injury that cost him the whole of 2014.

Redhorse where are you?

We're all waiting.

He's already said after last year when we all bagged him about the Cameron trade that he wasn't going to say much...
I can feel him lurking about this thread, waiting to strike. I see you there redhorse, checking, analyzing, scanning....

And surely with everything done and dusted for the AFC, our man The Horse isn't too far away now?

Forgot how much I love pre-Xmas BigFooty...

#standbyredhorse #letthegamesbegin #bigfishingseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly how good would that Danger 2 Melbourne be.

Lots more to play with from our perspective. Go Goody Go!!!

"It's been revealed that the Demons would be willing to give Patrick Dangerfield $10 million over six years, which is double what he would get if he goes to Geelong.

It's unlikely according to Tim Watson on 1116 SEN that the money would be enough to change his mind and backflip."

So nothing about this then? Personally I don't think it will happen, but if true surely Mardi would want another 4 mil to set up house with.

She could buy the entire Good Guys franchise in Geelong.

I can think of plenty of posters around here who are like that. Blinded by shinytoyitis. ;):p
The upside to shinytoyitis is that you get a look at some new talent, ideally at the expense of the Wrights & Mckays of the world.

Id rather go through a handful of duds to find a Cameron or Laird, than to pump 100 games into Matty Wright before deciding hes shit.

Just quietly how good would that Danger 2 Melbourne be.

Lots more to play with from our perspective. Go Goody Go!!!

Goody.....

tumblr_m13zg4ESt31r64wi2.gif

They have a lot of good, honest players in that group but he's (Cockatoo) the only one I look at and think, I can see potential future match winner/All Australian quality there. Gregson, Murdoch, Gore, Thurlow, Lang, Horlin-Smith or any of these other guys being mentioned look like they are going to be handy contributors, but in terms of their value in a Dangerfield trade..

Put it this way, I'd still be expecting 2 first round picks to be coming our way (with maybe our 3rd rounder going to the Cats or a pick downgrade to balance it up) because I don't view any of those players as being anywhere close to the sort of quality Noble and Ogilvie could pick up in the first round themselves or trade in from elsewhere (based on their record in recent years compared to that of Stephen Wells and his team).

The core of the deal must be Geelong's 2015 and 2016 first round picks or equivalent, and Cockatoo is the only one I'd happily look at and say yeah I'd accept him in lieu of either their 2015 or 2016 first round pick.
I just don't get the obsession with Nakia. The guy averages 7 disposals over his 11 games and has kicked three goals.

Yes, he is capable of doing mercurial things, but there will remain massive question marks over him for me until he puts out consistent good performances at AFL level.

The upside to shinytoyitis is that you get a look at some new talent, ideally at the expense of the Wrights & Mckays of the world.

Id rather go through a handful of duds to find a Cameron or Laird, than to pump 100 games into Matty Wright before deciding hes shit.
No argument there. Problem is that it takes people around here far too long to realise that the Brodie Martins and Jared Petrenkos of the world are even worse. Grigg, Kerridge, ...

The bolded bit betrays your lack of objectivity. The true ratio is probably the reverse of what you've stated.

Let's take a look at how he polled in the BnF:
R1: 12 (every single player polled votes in this game)
R2: 11
R3: 4
R4: 0
R5: 0
R6: 0
R7: 3
R8: 3 (only 11 of 22 players polled votes in this game - equal lowest for the season)
R9: 6
R10: 4
R11: bye
R12: 1
R13: 0
R14: game cancelled
R15: 0
R16: DNP
R17: DNP
R18: DNP
R19: 10
R20: 6
R21: 1
R22: 7
R23: 4
EF: 9
SF: 0

So.. we can safely say that he (along with everyone else) had a very good start to the season. He also played very well after being recalled from the SANFL towards the end of the season. He struggled in the middle of the year, though his form wasn't anywhere near as bad as Mackay's.

If you believed everything you read on BF, his form was poor from beginning to end.

No, I don't think that lack of consistency should be acceptable for a senior player with 200 games of experience. Mind you, I think he also deserves a bit of leeway after coming back from a serious injury that cost him the whole of 2014.

One double figure vote game in 22 games since round 3.
Pathetic.
You even stated that every player scored votes in round 1.

His total of 81 votes in 20 games means he didn't even average beating his man which is considered 1 vote from each of the 5 voters.

I dont think you can talk about objectivity.
Every sign is pointing towards one side of the arguement yet you just keep turning your head away with your hands over your ears going "nah nah nah nah not listening"

I'm staggered by the argument that the mere polling of B&F votes makes someone worthwhile. Everyone gets B&F votes, it's not the flipping Brownlow.

I've posted in the Club Champion thread on the "per game" voting. VB is not in our best 25 according to those who vote on our B&F.

Even if the measly votes he got, a quarter of them were before Brodie Smith had his first concussion this year!

Defending VB's season is beyond accepting mediocrity. It's accepting flat out shithouse performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back