Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got good highlights of Murdoch to post?
Look at the finalists for GOTY this year. Its short but a good start.

But on Murda, he just re-signed a new deal this year. He bought a house in Geelong and moved in with his girlfriend and appears to be very happy there.
Im not saying it wont happen, but they are several major obstacles that have recently indicated he's more stable than likely to move.

GO Catters

What about if we send them a slightly inferior player in return which covers the same gap…this would bridge the gap between your 'minimum acceptable' and what you deemed unrealistic.

IN: pick 9, 2016 1st, Murdoch

OUT: Dangerfield, Mackay

I'm going to shoot the next... person, who tries to shoehorn Mackay into another ridiculous deal. Or Wright. Or van Berlo. The Cats don't want them, and aren't going to give up a player they want to keep just to get them.

Stop positing it. It's as breathtakingly fanciful as the Geelong nuffies who think they're getting Dangerfield and Selwood for free, and Henderson for a 2nd round pick, all in one window.

Strike Murodch and Mackay off that trade and you have 2 first round picks for Dangerfield, which we'll take.

Last edited:
It's laughable that they class Gregson an A grader. I agree with the trade set up but we need an actual A grader thrown into the mix
Whilst not necessarily being an A grader, his impact this year has been the best and most influential at GFC since Selwood in 07.
Thus the contract extension already done for him. Id imagine he's as off the table as anyone.

Go Catters

I'm going to shoot the next... person, who tries to shoehorn Mackay into another ridiculous deal. Or Wright. Or van Berlo. The Cats don't want them, and aren't going to give up a player they want to keep just to get them.

Stop positing it. It's as breathtakingly fanciful as the Geelong nuffies who think they're getting Dangerfield and Selwood for free, and Henderson for a 2nd round pick, all in one window.
Are you saying Mackay has zero trade value to AFL clubs now? Has his season been that pathetic?

Actually, you may be right…DELIST him, re-rookie, save salary cap space!

Whilst not necessarily being an A grader, his impact this year has been the best and most influential at GFC since Selwood in 07.
Thus the contract extension already done for him. Id imagine he's as off the table as anyone.

Go Catters
Everyone off the table yet you have to trade for Dangerfield and Henderson?!

Thank you. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

And yes, it is as bad as some of our lot that presume we will get it ALL for nothing. Some, yes, but not all.

Go Catters

Everyone off the table yet you have to trade for Dangerfield and Henderson?!
Please show me in my post where I said everyone is off the table.
I said Gregson would be. If you extrapolate Gregson into being everyone, that sounds like a you issue.

GO Catters

From July 2015:

IMPROVING Geelong midfielder Jordan Murdoch has become the latest young Cat to recommit to the club, signing a three-year deal.

Murdoch is enjoying the best season of his emerging career and was among Geelong’s best in Saturday night’s disappointing loss to North Melbourne.

“Geelong is my only club, it’s the club I got drafted to, and I absolutely love it here,” the 23-year-old said in a letter to members today

He ain't coming.

Bernie Vince.

Well lose a big bo
Look at the finalists for GOTY this year. Its short but a good start.

But on Murda, he just re-signed a new deal this year. He bought a house in Geelong and moved in with his girlfriend and appears to be very happy there.
Im not saying it wont happen, but they are several major obstacles that have recently indicated he's more stable than likely to move.

GO Catters

Yes i think it more likely to get Gregson

Murdoch's partner is a local girl. By local I mean SA. Has a good network of friends over here but always got the impression she would want to move away from here for bigger things.

Doubt they'd come here to be quite honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm saying that Mackay has zero trade value to Geelong, so does Wright, so does van Berlo, and so do Martin, Lyons, Grigg, Shaw, Kelly, Douglas, Thompson, and probably Crouch and CEY as well.
Ridiculous.

At minimum Douglas, Crouch and CEY would have some trade value to Geelong, likely many others as well.

That's not the point. The only point is Dangerfield. Would they be willing to take Mckay to get Dangerfield over the line? Not very likely at all but its not a qeustion of getting them to take him for another player, its all about Danger and wehether we would also take less than two first rounders if they took McKay off our hands instead.

I agree with you though, its this years and next years first round picks. End of Story, deal done on day one and everyone can get on with all the other deals that hang off it.

Strike Murodch and Mackay off that trade and you have 2 first round picks for Dangerfield, which we'll take.

Brilliant way to completely misunderstand.

Maybe instead of doing one of your weekly hissy fits, you should ponder what people are writing.

NO ONE thinks Geelong wants Mackay.

EVERYONE thinks Geelong wants to keep one of their next two first round picks.

EVERYONE thinks Geelong would like to keep compo in play so the AFL is partly paying for Danger, instead of them.

SOME HAVE SUGGESTED that Geelong may accept getting Mackay as a lesser evil than losing a first round pick. What worse - trading two first round picks for Danger or trading one pick and Murdoch for Danger and Mackay?

Go Catters

Do you just think two first rounders? It's probably the least we'd accept without players involved.

Please show me in my post where I said everyone is off the table.
I said Gregson would be. If you extrapolate Gregson into being everyone, that sounds like a you issue.

GO Catters

Didn't you also say that Murdoch is bedded down in Geelong and there goes life, and Cockatoo is off the table?

That IS everyone.

Of course we can it all about getting Danger to Geelong. GWS did it to essendon last year and if Geelong have to take mackay and give slightly less up of course they would consider it .

It's not likely but it's all on the table

I'm saying that Mackay has zero trade value to Geelong, so does Wright, so does van Berlo, and so do Martin, Lyons, Grigg, Shaw, Kelly, Douglas, Thompson, and probably Crouch and CEY as well.

Okay - firstly, that's f***ing dumb.

Secondly, getting Mackay is WORSE than losing a first round pick? Really?

Brilliant way to completely misunderstand.

Maybe instead of doing one of your weekly hissy fits, you should ponder what people are writing.

NO ONE thinks Geelong wants Mackay.

EVERYONE thinks Geelong wants to keep one of their next two first round picks.

EVERYONE thinks Geelong would like to keep compo in play so the AFL is partly paying for Danger, instead of them.

SOME HAVE SUGGESTED that Geelong may accept getting Mackay as a lesser evil than losing a first round pick. What worse - trading two first round picks for Danger or trading one pick and Murdoch for Danger and Mackay?
Not real bright is our Mr rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back