Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Jimmy

BE6UwJNbx3v82YqPuW8lGBrbVXgAFIB3Do3MDAlAr5dg-AiyQl3SuwDt_xyIrE445OqvNpOTwLjFBdJlZeFd__ODMqV2qVM2_ahsflHnF1IqRW-zymks5F3Rfn7SKFeNxYikU2Sq7AnTyzxo09oovZmACAWd=w200-h200-nc

So that's why they said no this year

Couldn't agree more mate ....i get it that the same negative posters, who really have nothing to contribute really to the board, target him ....and then there are the lemmings

But Mackay has always had talent .....has been a good player .....had a bad last half of this season, but hasn't deserved what he receives here :thumbsu:

I agree, some do take it too far, Mackay cops it by default because of the contract he signed and has since under performed. Mackay, VB and Wright I am almost certain are good loyal club men who train hard and lead by example and I don't think anyone thinks otherwise. While I am not sure Wright does, I personally think Mackay and VB have proven themselves to have massive upsides and I do think they both could be influential moving forward if they reach somewhere near their best form again. However neither of them would want to push their luck another year by carrying on this years form.

I agree, some do take it too far, Mackay cops it by default because of the contract he signed and has since under performed. Mackay, VB and Wright I am almost certain are good loyal club men who train hard and lead by example and I don't think anyone thinks otherwise. While I am not sure Wright does, I personally think Mackay and VB have proven themselves to have massive upsides and I do think they both could be influential moving forward if they reach somewhere near their best form again. However neither of them would want to push their luck another year by carrying on this years form.
So you would give them another year to find form?

Potentially in Seedsman and Menzel have we got 2 extra top 12-14 ranked players we have been crying out for. Haven't seen enough of seedsman but menzal has the potential to be a top 8-10 ranked player on our list.

Errr no.

So reading the paper this morning and a story had Dangerfield's name spread over 2 lines, one above the other, so I read it as "the Crows traded out Dan Gerfield". So, I was like "who the fook is Dan Gerfield?, rookie lister?"

Took me about 5 seconds to see the light.*

*it should be noted, I hadn't drank my morning coffee yet.

P.S. It's amazing how quickly I've forgotten Patrick after all these sweet trades! :D

So reading the paper this morning and a story had Dangerfield's name spread over 2 lines, one above the other, so I read it as "the Crows traded out Dan Gerfield". So, I was like "who the fook is Dan Gerfield?, rookie lister?"

Took me about 5 seconds to see the light.*

*it should be noted, I hadn't drank my morning coffee yet.

P.S. It's amazing how quickly I've forgotten Patrick after all these sweet trades! :D
Patrick Panty shield

Potentially in Seedsman and Menzel have we got 2 extra top 12-14 ranked players we have been crying out for. Haven't seen enough of seedsman but menzal has the potential to be a top 8-10 ranked player on our list.
Hampton has a higher ceiling than Seedsman, IMO. The Seed will be a very good wingman for us over 100+ games though.

We have done very well this trade week. A+. As other posters have said, getting the dangerfield deal done early allowed us to be very active in other pursuits, and get a lot of players that were targeted. Love all of the deals we made this week. Very exciting.

Having said that, come round 1-5 when Dangerfield is dominating for the cats, and we have Hampton, Seedsman, Gore and Menzel trying to find their feet...it's going to be tough. Some people will express their disappointment at Menzel getting 6 touches, and Gore languhing in the SANFL. Seed shirking a contest, and Hampton turning it over.

Hopefully long term we win this trade period handily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it misrepresenting? You have proof otherwise?
Plenty of circumstantial evidence right here on this board, but I don't care enough to dig it out.

Your statement actually facilitates people like crow1980, because you're basically saying "he's telling the truth until you prove otherwise".

Modern journalism has also suffered because of this change in how we judge unsubstantiated comment.

I just think our horse trainer could have been a little more creative with his persona, given his support of redhorse. But hey, I'm a stickler for details that way ;)

Trolling is provocative click bait for attention
But you have no proof & much of what has been suggested has come true when it was not in the media prior.

This is more about you belittling posters than wanting to know the truth.

Mcarthy for essentially 3 1st rounders. No way I'd pay that.

I rate weller highly and I mentioned earlier in this thread I hope we target him.

Playstation trading here but if Freo were willing to give up weller I'd be happy to trade our 9 or 13 for their 22 and weller with our pick being ontraded. I wouldn't even be unhappy with 13 for weller if our recruiters thought weller was better than what was likely available at 13.
Freo are desperate. Ross will do anything for a flag.

Plenty of circumstantial evidence right here on this board, but I don't care enough to dig it out.

Your statement actually facilitates people like crow1980, because you're basically saying "he's telling the truth until you prove otherwise".

Modern journalism has also suffered because of this change in how we judge unsubstantiated comment.

I just think our horse trainer could have been a little more creative with his persona, given his support of redhorse. But hey, I'm a stickler for details that way ;)

It's a lack of rigour that demands proof of a negative

We have done very well this trade week. A+. As other posters have said, getting the dangerfield deal done early allowed us to be very active in other pursuits, and get a lot of players that were targeted. Love all of the deals we made this week. Very exciting.

Having said that, come round 1-5 when Dangerfield is dominating for the cats, and we have Hampton, Seedsman, Gore and Menzel trying to find their feet...it's going to be tough. Some people will express their disappointment at Menzel getting 6 touches, and Gore languhing in the SANFL. Seed shirking a contest, and Hampton turning it over.

Hopefully long term we win this trade period handily.
Would be good to get 1 gun in. We have improved our depth and speed which is awesome, added some class with Menzel but would just like 1 more gun in the midfield.

Forward line will be fantastic, defense is a work in progress but Talia, Lever, Laird, Brown, Smith (if he doesn't move into the midfield) are all quality with Hartigan playing well in the last half of the year.

Midfield, losing Danger and Thommo slowing down, would like a gun to throw in. We have Sloane, Crouch x 2 and Douglas, with CEY and Lyons comings long, but just a gun in there and instantly we become better

If you think it's the same person, report them and let the mods check into it. Redhorse is a beer from the Phillipines btw. If they are the same person very good on the creative writing front as their styles are very different.

I take information said and wait and see and compare with others things I have heard myself. The Menzel stuff I had confirmed from a couple of different sources essentially saying the same thing, one nice and early too that wasn't redhorse. If you are stating that someone is wrong, then yes I expect a reasoning as to why. Either with own opinion that is more than just I've got a feeling it's wrong or some information.

I think tabloid journalism has proved that most would rather a good story over solid facts.
Correct me if i am wrong did i not state on manday that Menzel would be a crow and that he was having a medical i also stated that he passed his medical before it was common knowledge. You can believe what u want and u can jump all over people that give information. No wonder know one wants to say anything when clowns like u guys jump all over them

Correct me if i am wrong did i not state on manday that Menzel would be a crow and that he was having a medical i also stated that he passed his medical before it was common knowledge. You can believe what u want and u can jump all over people that give information. No wonder know one wants to say anything when clowns like u guys jump all over them

What about Mackay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back