Post Game - 1st Semi Final - Carlton v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

firstly a great match, you have lots to be proud of. Still can't believe how consistently good Walker has become.

On the other hand, tonight shows the value of the double chance. If you finished fourth you would'nt have copped the hometown decisions that went against you.

Tried hard all night but the miss kicks on goals will always come back and bite you on the arse.
Simmo out on the full from 35 out,unacceptable!!!
We desparately need a big forward and cant afford to lose Hammer,tonights proof you CANNOT play one ruckman against two of the best and Qstick as back up ruck as well,just CANNOT DO and expect to win games.
Good year Blue Boys,our time will come:thumbsu:

just thought id come on here to share the love!!!
yous guys played well tonight.
fought hard right to the end.
and played way better than last time.
but , yous had heaps of excuses no waite thorton gibbs kruerzer.
that was a free kick to walker but the umpire lost his wristle.
yous guys were very stifff tonight. congrats for a good game and a good season

Can anyone honestly say that having Davies in the team offered us more than Hampson? We were murdered when Setanta had to go into the ruck.
I'm so proud of the way we played tonight, so much guts. Just shattered that team selection, luck and umpiring conspired against us. Not to mention poor kicking at goal, which finally came back to haunt us when it mattered most.

Brilliant game. Don't subscribe to the umpires having an impact upon the result. lack of talls was always going to hurt us, absolutely stoked we kept up after half time, and continued to take it up to them until the final siren.
Next year, when we consolidate our progress we should be pushing for a GF spot.
Mighty proud, apparently the game has already been labelled as one of the classic finals.

IN AM CARLTON!

$hi7 that sounds sweet.

I'm thinking of it this way: we had everything thrown at us tonight, from injuries and shocking umpiring decisions to a relentless opposition that just wouldn't give up - and we almost won.

We have come a very long way.

It must be mentioned how good West Coast were, too. It's easy to get lost in those shocking umpire decisions but we weren't playing against broomsticks out there.

Shattered. You start to look at any number of free kicks, or missed free kicks or unlucky bounces or injuries and it is pretty damn hard to take.

We won't get appropriate credit for how good this team actually is and will be. I mean the main board match day thread was disgraceful in terms of people mocking Judd, sarcastically talking about how brave we were (and we were) and just riding the result going against us because of their biases. Not too many football fans in there and a hell of a lot of ignorance. Kudos to the opposition supporters who really enjoyed the contest and followed football.

Our guys were tough and hard and really despite having so much go against us throughout the night, showed what they were made of in the way they kept coming.

Gibbs, Waite and Kreuzer back into that side will really show something next year. Please god, just a bit of luck with injury. If we have the injury run the Eagles have had this year, we will be on a good thing.

Times like these I have to find some perspective. I do not believe we could have gone all the way this year, especially after a game like that and with the outs we have. Mind you, the slight chance that maybe Gibbs and Kreuzer could find their way back next week and maybe Waite as well, had me hoping.

Don't react around the other boards folks. The ignorant are going to tell you we are miles off the pace, worse than the Eagles, and that we didn't beat anybody above us all year. They will not recognise how desperately unlucky this season has been for us.

We will though, and that's all that counts.

I am Carlton. I love the boys who put it all on the line tonight.

btw Pretty average amount of free kicks to Judd considering how often they blew the whistle and considering he was held at pretty much EVERY stoppage. We could see the writing on the wall there weeks ago though.

So bloody close.

But for the silly Davies free kick in the goal square, Thornton going down, any of 5 arsey goals to them on the line, the holding the ball non free, Setanta in the Ruck, and home ground advantage, we wouldve won.
Davies was less than useless tonight giving away that stupid free kick & goal and doing little else. Also, as good and gutsy as Simpson is, his miss from a set shot in front of goal was not good enough.

Great effort by the boys in the last quarter. If the umps had have paid the free kick to Walker, we would have won.

Davies looked out of his depth, but will be better for it.

NOW, we need to get Waite under the knife and have him right for next year. I dont think we need anything more in the trades this year. Just another KFP.

Don't subscribe to the umpires having an impact upon the result.
I won't go through them all......but think back to the first goal Davies conceeded from a free at the top of the goal square........and now think of how Walker was monstered with a minute to go.

Duigan with the arms chopped........goal.
Kennedy throws it out on the wing.........goal.
Murphy slung after handballing to Garlett should have been downfield........Garlett kicking fom 45.......instead no score.
Any number of frees paid to them for ducking into tackles..........
Any number of "no calls" on holding the ball, one of which resulted in a goal.
Judd one free kick at stoppages..........they just aren't looking anymore.

.......but I won't go into every dud decision.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't be more proud of the blokes. Gave it everything they had. Hard at the ball, gave their bodies, and just pushed it. I've seen that many Carlton sides fold under pressure and give in. They didn't give an inch tonight. Just a amazing game of football

Massive respect

Twice, you could've laid down and it would have been an acceptable defeat.

Super impressed by your lesser likes - Armfield, Joseph, the IRA etc.

How could a no-name like Laids play a game like that in a cut-throat final? Our best easily - what a game.

Phenomenal in defence. Thought Robinson and Murphy were just in front, but there's not much in it. Duigan's had more fanfare but Laidler's as solid as a player as we have down there. Very, very rarely makes a mistake and couldn't count the number of times he cut off opposition thrusts forward.

Terrific game of footy. With out outs, our run with injuries and position on the ladder we performed very well. Especially after Thornton went down, I didn't think we could keep it so close.

Get a Key Forward, give Hendo a full preseason in defense, develop our younger midfielders some more and we will be a genuine top4 team with flag winning potential.

As far as the landscape is concerned, aside from Collingwood and Geelong which I dont think will be right up there in 2012, we are the next best thing in the league. The lack of marking targets and of actual marks in our f50 is damning.

I thought you guys showed ridiculous amounts of character at times. No easy feat to come from behind a few times in Perth. I thought the umpiring was ordinary as well but it is every time the Eagles play there.. They seemed to blow the pea out of the whistle in the first 3 quarters then completely put it away in the last.

I thought you guys had your chances. Four things that stand out for me as a neutral included Marc Murphy missing 2 gettables, Simpson missing an easy set shot (Out on the Full) and Setanta taking a ripper of a mark (and playing quite a good game) then missing an easy set shot that would have put you guys within a kick.

I thought you guys had your chances in a tight one and probably the home ground advantage got the arsey eagles home

......Davies being paid the free against in the goal square...........not 2 minutes latter Carrazzo is put down with high contact on the boundary line and we can hear "nothing in it boys" in the audio..........

But I won't go on.

......Davies being paid the free against in the goal square...........not 2 minutes latter Carrazzo is put down with high contact on the boundary line and we can hear "nothing in it boys" in the audio..........

But I won't go on.

Think about it... being dragged down by the jumper is far more serious that getting smashed over the boundary line by a forearm to the throat:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Game - 1st Semi Final - Carlton v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back